items delivered to my neighbour and LOST - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-04-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default items delivered to my neighbour and LOST

ok, that's the situation: i've bought some clothes from china. value in total about £600
I've not bought these on eby, but private from someone and paid via paypl The seller is a honest person, I dealt with him before.
He posted the parcel recorded with EMS China, EMS then handed the parcel over to Parcelforce UK and Parcelforce UK have delivered the Parcel to my neighbour's address as I wasn't at home.
EMS and Parcelforce online tracking information proofs that this was delivered to my neighbours address. But my neighbours (don't know them) are saying they don't have the parcel.
So seems I've got dodgy neighbours.... well, it's East London...

ok, what else i've done so far (+response in brackets):
-showed neighbours proof of delivery (apparently no one with that name and signature living there)
-asked other neighbours (nothing)
-dispute with paypl (lost because seller provided tracking details)
-contacted local parcelforce depot (they have delivered parcel)
-filed written claim with parcelforce (claim returned to me saying parcelforce cannot investigate this as parcel wasn't posted with parcelforce)
-asked seller to contact EMS (EMS won't investigate this as they have not lost the parcel)
-reported crime theft of mail to police (apparently nothing they can do about it)

has anyone got an idea what else I could do?

has someone maybe got an international phone number for EMS China?
the phone number on their website doesn't seem to work from outside China.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

it is not about EMS really because goods were delivered by parcelforce. parcelforce is the place you need to go to, you need written proof that the parcel was signed for at a neighbours house from parcelforce, doesnt matter about the name, your neighbours are obviously thieves and deliberately mis-signed (move away from East London, dogheap).

You should not have done dispute via paypal, that isnt fair on seller, why should they lose out any more than you, plus its obvious they would win with tracking so waste of time.

The thing you need is parcelforce telling you in writing that they delivered and got a signature from another house. If that proof is online print it off as it may disappear soon.

The main thing is parcelforce did not have your permission to deliver to neighbour, unless you gave special instructions, which I presume you didnt, so they are to blame more than anyone, driver being lazy, they are supposed to leave a card and then you arrange redelivery and then if that is missed, third shot go and pick up at depot, so kick up a huge fuss to chief executive, show the paypal bill and invoices etc and get them to cough up your money.

Forget the police, problem with UK is that you can get away with these types of things, police are a bunch of tea drinking motorway watchers...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-04-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-05-2009

Longevity: 86%

i have heard of a same sort of thing happening and i indeed got my parcels left at neighbours

now parcelforce wont do this because of a situation like yours, they will now take parcel back to depot or leave at post office if the po agrees. this is a pain in the ass for me as im never in for deliveries

what the parcelforce guy said though is the person who lost parcel is making a claim against them as the parcel wasnt delivered to their house and driver didnt have permission to leave at neighbours so they will have to pay out

also i would ask to speak to your driver, i get deliveries every week so am on first name terms with the driver, if you think the driver is honest enough i would make sure and get revenge on your thieving neighbour :D
Old 07-05-2009

Longevity: 98%

Was the item insured? This is basically a case of the shipping company losing/damaging/stealing/etc the shipment.
Old 07-05-2009

Longevity: 87%

Parcel force will not deliver the parcel to your neighbour just because you wasn't at home. They will just leave a card to your house and arrange for another delivery. So either you gave the wrong address to the seller or the seller have written the wrong address.

I suggested you to show your neighbour the proof of signature and warn them you have called the police. See if they will return the parcel to you.
Old 07-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

there is no point threathening the neighbour with the police if the police dont actually do anything, and in the end it wont get your money back, dont waste your time, or you will get neighbour aggro and that is worst than a missing parcel, if it gets bad..

As previously mentioned by all repliers, parcelforce did not have permission to leave with neighbour end of story..claim from them.
Old 07-05-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

thanks for the responses.

i did already threaten my neighbour with police, but police didn't do anything.

i had a card in my letterbox, that card said the parcel was left at my neighbours house. i went to my neighbours with that card and online pod and signature, but no luck.

i also did already send a claim to parcelforce. but this was returned by them saying they cannot investigate this as the parcel was not posted with parcelforce, wich is correct. I've spoken to Parcelforce Claims centre a few times and every time they say that EMS need to contact Parcelforce to resolve this, no one else. But EMS won;t do that.

i might just involve a solicitor or file a court case against parcelforce if I find an inexpensive way to do so...
Old 07-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

write to chief exec and inform them they did not have permission to leave with neighbour, the parcleforce line about ems is BS and they know it, tell them with each letter you write your compensation will need to go up and threaten them with media publicity, trading standards, OFT etc
Old 07-05-2009

Longevity: 86%

u can also try an claim of ur sender if you paid through paypal and try and see if they will get ems to sort it
Old 07-05-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Parcelforce being the carrier designated to make the delivery, under agreements with ems, is responsible for making sure the package arrives where it should. If you did not waive the signature or the delivery location, they whiffed the handoff. Their fault.
Old 07-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^Write a letter of demand to parcelforce,ems stating that if they do not take recovery action of your funds, expect a claim to be filed in Civil Court within 14 days. In other words tell them to get off their backsides and do something. If you need help with what to say, just pm me
Old 07-06-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

ok, i'm just writing a formal letter to parcelforce.
i've called them already a few times and told them on the claims hotline that i will be going to court to recover my costs. what they are saying is again that i should go to EMS not parcelforce. their argument is that neither me nor the sender have a binding contract with parcelforce, which is correct. the sender has a contract with EMS, therefore (according to parcelforce) we need to claim with EMS, not parcelforce. also insurance would have been taken out with EMS not with parcelforce. they say I don't have a case against parcelforce and a court case would be a waste of time and money without much result... but as usual, i guess they are lying...
Old 07-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

steve, Send a letter to ems as well. They are the two parties so both should be aware of your intentions
Old 12-28-2010

Longevity: 77%

It's your neighbours call the police.
Old 12-28-2010

Longevity: 79%

Parcel force are just trying to pass the buck, stop wasting your time talking to the monkeys on the phone and write the letter to the top man with your intentions to go to small claims court.
you will probably have to go through with it by filing a claim

you might of burnt your bridges with your supplier now too, trying to claim from them through paypal was wrong.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif