eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   How long does it take for a promoted item take to get up the page EBY (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/119712-how-long-does-take-promoted-item-take-get-up-page-eby.html)

Bradd 08-27-2018 04:34 AM

How long does it take for a promoted item take to get up the page EBY

How long does a promoted item take to get to its rightful place after you promoted it ..My one doesn't seem to have moved from the bottom lol

13obby 08-27-2018 02:55 PM

Re: How long does it take for a promoted item take to get up the page EBY

It depends on various factors like how much your paying per sale for the promoted item, feedback, account age sales etc, I usually don’t use promoting a item I’d rather lower the price just so that I’m breaking even and improve listing pictures and make sure you use al 12 pictures and a good description.

Bradd 08-27-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13obby (Post 939884)
It depends on various factors like how much your paying per sale for the promoted item, feedback, account age sales etc, I usually don’t use promoting a item I’d rather lower the price just so that I’m breaking even and improve listing pictures and make sure you use al 12 pictures and a good description.

Depends what the item is ,But i find if i can get mine in the top 15 i can make a bomb, I think its something to do with Mobile Phones ,everyone's buying on there phones,, ,And i think they only see 10/15 items on the first page boom they buy it instead of scrolling down ,,..I can still make a decent profit even if i pay for it

dallis 08-27-2018 04:35 PM

Depends, maybe never.

Bradd 08-28-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 939909)
Depends, maybe never.

Can you expand ?

dallis 08-28-2018 07:32 PM

If you think paying for the listing to be shown is the only factor in the listing 'rising to it's rightful place' you're naive.

You already pay to list and you don't get premium placement. Why should this be any different?

I've fiddled with the promoted listings quite a bit, and really they make little to no difference in where they're shown in terms of placement or frequency. At least that's my experience.

rsot 08-28-2018 08:10 PM

Lot of trial and error involved OP - can't expect all techniques a) to be handed/shared and/or b) work for you depending on your product

Bradd 08-29-2018 04:41 AM

OK the other thing is if you do manage to get a fairly decent position on the first page using promoted items ,and there there fore a good period of time ...if you then stop using the promotion will the items drop down the list ??

phaz0rz 08-29-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradd (Post 940268)
OK the other thing is if you do manage to get a fairly decent position on the first page using promoted items ,and there there fore a good period of time ...if you then stop using the promotion will the items drop down the list ??

Almost every time I use promoted listings, my listing ends up showing twice in search results. It will show as a "sponsored" listing (or whatever they say) somewhere near the top, then a little lower down the listing will show up again as a regular non-promoted listing.

Using that logic if you disable the promoted listing, one listing would go away while the other would remain in place.

13obby 08-29-2018 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 940192)
If you think paying for the listing to be shown is the only factor in the listing 'rising to it's rightful place' you're naive.

You already pay to list and you don't get premium placement. Why should this be any different?

I've fiddled with the promoted listings quite a bit, and really they make little to no difference in where they're shown in terms of placement or frequency. At least that's my experience.

Agree 100% I don’t see much difference with promoted listings, personally I think it’s a waiste of time and money.

phaz0rz 08-29-2018 06:50 AM

I used to say that but I've recently found it very useful with certain products.

I promoted a listing at almost 30% in extra fees, raised the item price to reflect the extra fees, then sold 200 units and got the account tax limited within a week. For the time the listing was active it was #1 in search results in the busiest category on eBay.

Bradd 08-29-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 940302)
I used to say that but I've recently found it very useful with certain products.

I promoted a listing at almost 30% in extra fees, raised the item price to reflect the extra fees, then sold 200 units and got the account tax limited within a week. For the time the listing was active it was #1 in search results in the busiest category on eBay.

Nice one mate as i say before everyones is using there phones to buy and when you do that you only get 15 items per page so youl get loads of clicks if your lucky to be in the top 15

It obviously depends on the item

Pandoras_box 08-29-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradd (Post 939790)
How long does a promoted item take to get to its rightful place after you promoted it ..My one doesn't seem to have moved from the bottom lol

When you promote an item, 2 instances of the same listings appear in the search. While one instance sits exactly where you left it, the other with the "sponsored" text is supposed to shoot straight upwards but that's dependent on how much more % you offered eBay in comparison to your competitors.

Most of my placements take less than an hour to attain but definitely there the next day.
This is a good feature but is also a gateway to unfairly surpass your competition.

Bradd 08-29-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 940419)
When you promote an item, 2 instances of the same listings appear in the search. While one instance sits exactly where you left it, the other with the "sponsored" text is supposed to shoot straight upwards but that's dependent on how much more % you offered eBay in comparison to your competitors.

Most of my placements take less than an hour to attain but definitely there the next day.
This is a good feature but is also a gateway to unfairly surpass your competition.

Its doesn't seem to go shoot all the way to the top Im experimenting with one at the moment where i doubled the price paid a load of cash to ebay to get it up there ..But its still below my other account which moved up naturally without sponsored listings

Pandoras_box 08-29-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradd (Post 940431)
Its doesn't seem to go shoot all the way to the top Im experimenting with one at the moment where i doubled the price paid a load of cash to ebay to get it up there ..But its still below my other account which moved up naturally without sponsored listings

That's correct. It wouldn't go all the way to the top, but it will go upwards if the price is right compared to the competition.

You do not pay for promoted listings until you've sold. Paying a lot of cash to eBay means you've also sold a lot.

The reason your listing from the other account has better organic placement than your sponsored listing could be difficult to tell if we have little information but here are a few guesses.

The better-placed listing: Account B
1. The listing could be older and have better reviews.
2. The account could be older and have better feedback / DSR
3. The account is TRS
4. No recent Negative feedback

The promoted listing: Account A
Check if the opposite of 1-4 above may be the case.

Finally, Go to:

HTML Code:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/prf/traffic
Take a look at:

Listing Impressions

Click-through rate

Listing page views

Sales conversion rate

and
Transaction

for the affected listing. You'd be able to tell if you have traffic, how it flows along and where it trails off.

I hope this would help you in some way.

rsot 08-29-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradd (Post 940431)

Very interesting findings - seems counter-intuitive...

Pandoras_box 08-30-2018 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 940202)
Lot of trial and error involved OP - can't expect all techniques a) to be handed/shared and/or b) work for you depending on your product

Not sure how I missed your comment before, but you're so right about this.

I'll add to yours by saying this feature can help gain an unfair advantage over competitors. There is more than one way to use it without having to 'pay for it', and it is not against eBay's TOS, yet.

I suspect you know what I'm talking about - perhaps even better than I do. This is indeed not the kind of information anyone may be willing to share.

Bradd 08-30-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 940518)
Not sure how I missed your comment before, but you're so right about this.

I'll add to yours by saying this feature can help gain an unfair advantage over competitors. There is more than one way to use it without having to 'pay for it', and it is not against eBay's TOS, yet.

I suspect you know what I'm talking about - perhaps even better than I do. This is indeed not the kind of information anyone may be willing to share.

I should imagine youd have too pay for it at first ??

Pandoras_box 08-30-2018 01:42 PM

HTML Code:

pls.ebay.co.uk/plsweb/dashboard
What's found on that page is what I was referring to.
You only pay-per-sale and the fees are added to your monthly selling fees.

dallis 08-30-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 940302)

Wow! That's amazingly great!

Obviously there are other variables involved. It just doesn't seem to do much for me.

I was mostly commenting on the idea that simply throwing money at the listing will cause it to 'rise to it's rightful place' in what Best Match shows.

Bradd 09-01-2018 04:29 PM

Iv don a 50% promo and it aint moved jack sheit