eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Listing removed (banned item) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/12048-listing-removed-banned-item.html)

Space.Milk 07-11-2009 10:54 AM

Listing removed (banned item)

Hi First post here from a newbie.
I have been selling electronic jamming equipement (grey area) for a while with no problems and then I get a listing removed and a few days later another item removed :mad: (dirty competition). I really want to get rid of all the stock I have left now but dont want to get suspended.
I had two alerts in my messages which expire in october which usually, you can't delete but for some reason I was able to delete both.
I was thinking I would just probabaly have to wait till the alerts expired to sell more untill I get reported again.

I have a few questions:
1.) How many "strikes" till you get suspended?
2.) Now I have deleted these alerts, can ebay staff still see these alerts or do I still have to wait till october? or do they stay on your history forever? :pout:
3.)If I open another ebay account with a different email but on the SAME paypal account, can I cycle through the accounts every time I get a listing removed without ebay knowing the actual ammount of "strikes" I have had?

Thanks for reading

Lyda 07-11-2009 08:35 PM

I don't know how you deleted them, but I am sure Ebays record is not deleted and I would act just as if they were not deleted... Let the account cool off for a while and sell on another... Too many strikes can get you suspended. Ebay has different "limits" for different folks...If you are Power Seller, you have more "lives" so to speak and can get away with more..at least for some time.

GreenBean 07-11-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Hi First post here from a newbie.
I have a few questions:

Quote:

1.) How many "strikes" till you get suspended?
with the third you are out. So don't get a third one. PS get more. But why lose a PS account? takes a lot of work to get them
Quote:

2.) Now I have deleted these alerts, can ebay staff still see these alerts or do I still have to wait till october? or do they stay on your history forever? :pout:
The black mark stays. Although deleted at your end, the record is held by paypal. That is 98% true. Don't chance it because of question 1.
Quote:

3.)If I open another ebay account with a different email but on the SAME paypal account, can I cycle through the accounts every time I get a listing removed without ebay knowing the actual ammount of "strikes" I have had?
if your item did not already have you up to the 'you are out stage', you could. But with a bannable item, competitors dobbing you in, you are going to waste an account & paypal. Far better, to lay off listing the item for a bit. Make stealth accounts as well.

Quote:

Thanks for reading
Read thro' the forum 'cpecially about VeRo. ebay is being nasty at the moment. My best advice is to not sell any banned item :peace:

Space.Milk 07-14-2009 02:07 PM

Ok thanks. I will leave it until october and hope that the black marks are off my record.

Space.Milk 08-28-2009 08:12 AM

Hi again
I have been reporting the competitor who used dirty reporting tactics on me. I have had more than *50* of HIS listings removed for "banned item" policy breaches!
Every time he relists the same item like he is invincible to ebay action!
How is he able to do this?
After being reported over 50 times for the SAME item, shouldn't ebay have done something about him yet?
thanks

bluemoon999 08-28-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space.Milk (Post 101315)
After being reported over 50 times for the SAME item, shouldn't ebay have done something about him yet?
thanks

That's because you are not VERO and I would not recommend you keep doing so. You need a NEW strategy.

GreenBean 08-28-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space.Milk (Post 101315)
Every time he relists the same item like he is invincible to ebay action!
How is he able to do this?
thanks

He does it because it's ebay's rules. You are too low on their list to matter. You may not realize this but if you go on reporting the items, your own account may be in peril. As bluemoon999 recommend try another method.:peace:

aking 08-28-2009 09:35 AM

Yea, I have heard storys of people who have reported competitors and both parties ended up suspended. I would be careful when drawing unwanted attention to your own account.

Space.Milk 08-28-2009 11:35 AM

Ok so can I carry on selling my items and if they are removed, just relist another and not worry about it?
I do not enjoy reporting competitors, it's only in response to them reporting me. None of us will win at the end of the day.
Thanks