eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Ebay sees through hidden caller ID (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/120711-ebay-sees-through-hidden-caller-id.html)

Vickally 10-08-2018 06:59 AM

Ebay sees through hidden caller ID

Since 2010 I'm just a reader but yesterday something happened that I've never met here before so I'm writing it for those who don't know it.
I have a few accounts on ebay and PP and every time I need to call I do it from my landline phone which has hidden caller ID. I have few accounts made 2010-2014 and slowly I'm listing there. They are not used for selling and normally when I list my first item ebay blocks my account and wants to verify. So yesterday on one of the accounts I seem to register my landline number back in 2010 but I somehow forgot that(I usually write everything in a notebook) and the ebay agent wants to call me back on the registered phone and was like - "I'm so sorry! This is my old phone and I don't have access to it anymore. I've updated my phone a few months back with my mobile." And than he said - "This is so strange! You're actually calling from this number..." I was so shocked and so much felt in the Matrix but I managed somehow to say that I meant that I'm not using this phone anymore and bla, bla, bla...
I hang up the phone and checked again. Yes, my caller ID is hidden.
I knew they have technologies and ways to track but this I wasn't expecting. :mad2::doh::doh:

JamesNorth101 10-08-2018 07:02 AM

Re: Ebay sees through hidden caller ID

Was this a US account?

If so its because its a toll free number. When you ring a toll free number in the US your number is always show

Vickally 10-08-2018 07:03 AM

No, it's not US. I have French and Bulgarian accounts.

phaz0rz 10-08-2018 07:20 AM

Enterprise grade phone system have been able to get around caller ID block for years. Read around the comments on this page for an explanation : https://800notes.com/forum/ta-997cd0...id-from-anyone

Basically you can't hide your number from financial companies or law enforcement regardless of how you try to do it. Unless you call in from a pay phone.

Thanks for the post though, OP. This should help to dispel some myths around here.

agnostixxx 10-08-2018 02:07 PM

Why do you risk so much using your landline phone?
Its better either buy real sim card from desired countries and later find someone who speaks needed language
OR
to use call-service that will put a mask on their numbers or use call-forwarding from your sim card to approve all details. Call services usually got native speakers with their stuff

Play 10-13-2018 11:33 AM

Trying to call PayPal UK by withholding your number just doesn't work.

It's better for you to call using the number already on the account, that way you wont be scrutinised too much in terms of account security as they know they are speaking to the account holder.