PayPal refused - account closure - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-19-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Default PayPal refused - account closure

Hello my name is Martin, im new at aspkin.

Part of message from PayPal:

Quote:
Important information:

We regret to inform you that we're initiating the closure of your PayPal account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses.
Let me tell my story.

I have account on ebay with almost 200 positive feedback(2 years old account), i start selling digital codes/ e-vouchers around 1 month ago, i have been sending codes through ebay message after i received a payment(automatically). After i start selling and make some money i had 2 customers who's bought 11 codes one by one until i stop automat to send codes to them as it was bit suspicious to me. After one/two days i get message from paypal that i have 11 cases open as payments been unauthorised by genuine customers. So in theses cases i have lost vouchers and money as the voucher been used by thieves and paypal refunded money to the genuine PayPal owners as im not protected seller if im selling digital codes.

Afterwards my account been limited, they have asked me to provide receipts from suppliers, id, business info - i have done it. They have asked again for another receipts - done. Today (19/10/2018) i received mail about account closure.

( i have 3 PayPal and ebay accounts - 2 of Paypals hold my money - almost 3k GBP, the main account been limited, and on the other one money are on hold becasue of connection between them, 3rd account is ok at the moment)

My questions:

1. Can anyone can give me some tips how to deal with PayPal to unlock my account and funds (i can provide to paypal all receipt's where im buying codes from [anyway i did it]) . Im genuine seller, always provide best service as is possible.

2. I have strat selling codes on other account ebay/paypal, have you got some advices how to avoid another limitation on PayPal ? What should i do, what should i avoid ?

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: PayPal refused - account closure

Send everything in the mail with tracking or you will keep losing account after account. This is something like the 5th thread this week from a user who got limited after selling digital items.
Old 10-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

2. Best way to avoid problems is to not sell digital items. Otherwise, it's pretty luck of the draw - trial and error - experimentation - some ppl are successful for long time, others fail - it's kind of "jungle" to sell digitally-delivered items
Old 10-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Thank You

I see that many people on ebay in UK selling the same keys/codes as im selling and i do not see that they may have any problems, one of them has got over 2000 positive feedbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Send everything in the mail with tracking or you will keep losing account after account. This is something like the 5th thread this week from a user who got limited after selling digital items.
What do you mean ? to send it with the tracking ? Just print code put in envelope and send it ?
If that's what you have on your mind - the people won't buy it because, nobody want's to wait for access code ( all people want's to get it straight away)

I would like to resign from paypal on eBay but is not possible, in UK you must offer PayPal when you sell anything.
Old 10-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by penio5 View Post
I see that many people on ebay in UK selling the same keys/codes as im selling and i do not see that they may have any problems, one of them has got over 2000 positive feedbacks.
You really cannot think of it that way

There are a lot of eBay sellers that sell a lot of £10,000 watches. That doenst mean that a new account can

Just because one seller can sell one thing doesnt mean that all sellers can im afraid

Digital items are very high risk and you will run into a lot of issues with them
Old 10-19-2018
Threadstarter  

My account is 2 years old and almost 200 positive feedbacks so it's not new, i do not wan't to think this way, but it makes me frustrated that people selling same items with more or less feedbacks and they are still on the market with same listings.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2018

What is the average value of each digital item you sell?
Old 10-19-2018
Threadstarter  

depends, some is £12, £8, the other £20.
Old 10-19-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Thank You

What do you mean ? to send it with the tracking ? Just print code put in envelope and send it ?
If that's what you have on your mind - the people won't buy it because, nobody want's to wait for access code ( all people want's to get it straight away)

I would like to resign from paypal on eBay but is not possible, in UK you must offer PayPal when you sell anything.

This is also what i noticed. Maybe they are resellers and allowed to sell them?
Old 10-19-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Risk management is what they are doing. Your money is not worth the risk to them.

Digital goods are always a risk, the best way to cover yourself is to actually mail your customers something so you have a tracking that shows delivered.

Other than that, I don't see anything else you can do.
Old 10-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
My account is 2 years old and almost 200 positive feedbacks so it's not new, i do not wan't to think this way, but it makes me frustrated that people selling same items with more or less feedbacks and they are still on the market with same listings.

Thanks
While that is frustrating you really cannot run you account based on what other people can and cannot do. Those other people selling with less feedback may well find themselves limited within a few weeks as well.
Old 10-20-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Right, it's a good idea to see what others do and do your own thing and figure out what works for you.

What works for them, may not wor for you.
Old 10-22-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Thank You

Simple as that.

Send them the digital delivery via email, then send a copy via mail with tracking.

Selling items on eBay/Paypal and not adding tracking doesn't look good. You used to be able to get away with it, but not any more.