Paypal require Shipping Invoice! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-23-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Paypal require Shipping Invoice!

Recently I decided to open a new stealth and sell fast to test new ebay/paypal security settings.

Ebay held funds for 21 days or until buyer leaves positive feedback or until I provide tracking number, which is fine by me. Buyer confirmed he got item so I'm not worried at all. (without tracking number)

Paypal followed with an email asking me to provide the following because ebay requested holding funds.

1. Upload Photo ID (Which I can do)
2. Provide business info (Which I have)
3. Provide Purchase receipt invoice from supplier (Which I can do)

I'm a big fan of Photoshop

Anyways, I'm stuck on this below:

4. Provide proof of fulfilment???

"Provide Proof of Fulfilment" has two options Either to add a tracking number or provide a Shipping Invoice

Assuming I don't want to add a tracking number! Do you guys know how a shipping invoice is done or what requirements are? For example what are paypal looking for to make sure its genuine?

I am asking this to see if I can avoid paying tracking number fees and simply create an alternative with Photoshop.

I know how to create invoices! I simply want tips on correct method.

Regards

Last edited by homeless; 10-23-2018 at 09:42 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Paypal require Shipping Invoice!

Why not print the actual invoice provided by whatever shipping company you used? Don't you get some kind of receipt or invoice when you purchase postage, even if it's an untracked shipment?

Seems like this is the one requirement that would require the least amount of photoshopping, if any at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
homeless (10-23-2018)
Old 10-23-2018
Threadstarter  

Are you saying if I go to post office and send (for example) a letter to my buyer as economy 2nd class (not tracked) this will be sufficient?

Post Office usually print small type receipts - Not A4 paper more like tiny Cashier Till type of receipts. Will paypal accept this?

Last edited by homeless; 10-23-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-23-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Why not print the actual invoice provided by whatever shipping company you used? Don't you get some kind of receipt or invoice when you purchase postage, even if it's an untracked shipment?

Seems like this is the one requirement that would require the least amount of photoshopping, if any at all.
Please read comment above

I actually sell digital downloads so I don't use physical shipping companies. My method has always been to send tracked letters (containing invoices) to my buyers first 2 or 3 sales to keep ebay happy then I stop. This has worked fine for me for over 6 years and all my stealths are solid.

I assumed there might be a way to make up a non-genuine Shipping Invoice to please paypal. Is it possible?
Old 10-23-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I wasn't aware you're selling digital items so I'm not certain if it would work. It could be the sales for digitally delivered items is what triggered their request for proof of postage.

I mentioned it because in USA if I ship items without tracking and Paypal asks for proof of postage like this, I can send them a billing summary from my postage software showing that items have been shipped to all of my customers without tracking. It won't win an eB or PP dispute, but it shows Paypal that you actually are sending stuff out.

I guess you would be better off waiting to see if any experienced UK members chime in, but I think using receipts from your post office is your best bet. Because if you tell them you're using some other service and you try to prove it with altered docs, they're going to want to know why you haven't been uploading tracking when you "ship" orders.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
homeless (10-24-2018)
Old 10-23-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
Please read comment above

I actually sell digital downloads so I don't use physical shipping companies. My method has always been to send tracked letters (containing invoices) to my buyers first 2 or 3 sales to keep ebay happy then I stop. This has worked fine for me for over 6 years and all my stealths are solid.

I assumed there might be a way to make up a non-genuine Shipping Invoice to please paypal. Is it possible?
I dont think so. As of recent they have been a little more harsh with digitally delivered items on eBay. Best thing to do is going forward sending a physical copy with tracking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
homeless (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
I dont think so. As of recent they have been a little more harsh with digitally delivered items on eBay. Best thing to do is going forward sending a physical copy with tracking.
Thanks Play YES I think I will continue doing this and send a Tracking Number for them.
Old 10-24-2018
Threadstarter  

[QUOTE=phaz0rz;951940]I wasn't aware you're selling digital items so I'm not certain if it would work. It could be the sales for digitally delivered items is what triggered their request for proof of postage.
QUOTE]

Trigger is nothing to do with digital goods. ITs only because account is opened new and I sold 2 items for $20 each on same day I created it. Just an ebay security thing which is normal. eBay only asking me to input Tracking Number to ease off the 21 hold on first item and 14 days hold on second item.

I'll go to post office today and get those numbers for them I will not create a non-genuine Shipping Invoice (Not Worth The Risk)

Thank you for your answer, really helped.
Old 10-26-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

[quote=homeless;952118]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I wasn't aware you're selling digital items so I'm not certain if it would work. It could be the sales for digitally delivered items is what triggered their request for proof of postage.
QUOTE]

Trigger is nothing to do with digital goods. ITs only because account is opened new and I sold 2 items for $20 each on same day I created it. Just an ebay security thing which is normal. eBay only asking me to input Tracking Number to ease off the 21 hold on first item and 14 days hold on second item.

I'll go to post office today and get those numbers for them I will not create a non-genuine Shipping Invoice (Not Worth The Risk)

Thank you for your answer, really helped.
If account is new, and you've only sold 2 items, i'd just send refund any orders and ditch it, move on to a new account and start fresh.

It's not worth the time and hassle. You're better off investing that time into a new account. Don't make the same mistake again.
Old 10-30-2018

Longevity: 43%

Need to get creative to provide the docs they want here.