Stealth 2019 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-14-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Stealth 2019

Compared with 6-7 years ago when limitations could be overcome quite easily compared to now where paypal have outside agencies with access to electoral roll, credit files and authenticity checks on documents, stealth methods are only getting harder.

What are people doing to get round that? I used to deliberately increase sales to initiate a limitation to get it out the way. I think the only way now is to attempt to stay under the radar with multiple accounts and keep turnover low and consistent.

That be about correct?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-14-2018
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Stealth 2019

There seems to be a rumour going around that uk stealth is getting impossible, I've read numerous threads and had multiple people message me about it, and its simply not true. If you sell legit items then nothing has changed in the context of overcoming limitations.
Old 11-14-2018
just_smile

Also, in terms of 'documents and limitations' so many of the people that post the doom and gloom literally will have something like 2 accounts closed, then proclaim that it's now impossible to overcome limitations.

That's no sample size to be making these generalisations and sweeping statements.
Old 11-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

I’m not seeing a massive change.... limitations have always happened and always will happen and there is usually a spike this time of year. Nothing different to every other year
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
zamzam (11-19-2018)
Old 11-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-15-2018), sax4 (11-17-2018)
Old 11-14-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Regardless whether it's an original or stealth account, there'll always be limitations eventually.

They'll always ask for seomthing.

And when there's a new problem, there'll always be a new solution. That's why this forum is filled with a lot of experts
Old 11-14-2018

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Also, in terms of 'documents and limitations' so many of the people that post the doom and gloom literally will have something like 2 accounts closed, then proclaim that it's now impossible to overcome limitations.

That's no sample size to be making these generalisations and sweeping statements.
There's a big enough sample size to show that they often keep the money even after 180 days when accounts are banned, that shows something clearly changed in that regard.

Not surprising that the account sellers say it's not any harder though lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Generally only if you have been selling some dodger stuff

If you haven’t then it’s usually pretty easy to withdraw after 180 days
Old 11-14-2018
just_smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
There's a big enough sample size to show that they often keep the money even after 180 days when accounts are banned, that shows something clearly changed in that regard.

Not surprising that the account sellers say it's not any harder though lol.
It's been that way for 3/4 years... That's nothing new and it's not what the op asked about.

Its not any harder in the regard the op has asked about.
Old 11-14-2018

Quote:
It's been that way for 3/4 years... That's nothing new and it's not what the op asked about.

Its not any harder in the regard the op has asked about.
More like 2 years. He brought up how paypal can verify account details etc so it is related.

Stealth definitely got harder in the last couple of years, I used to be able to buy new accounts on here and hit the EU receiving limit within a week and had hardly any get banned. Not anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-15-2018)
Old 11-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Things change all the time

Getting the EU limits removed isn’t much harder, but accounts do need to be built up slower now
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
aleen (11-17-2018)
Old 11-14-2018
just_smile

Stealth is undoubtedly harder in lots of ways, but its certainly not impossible. Its still easy compared to say Amazon.

If you create an account, start selling low risk items slowly, hit the Eu limits within 2-3 months and send in good quality info, there's a VERY high percentage you will be fine.

Unfortunately the vast majority of users here do sell high risk items and don't have any patience to grow an account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-15-2018), kailang (11-15-2018)
Old 11-14-2018

Quote:
Stealth is undoubtedly harder in lots of ways, but its certainly not impossible. Its still easy compared to say Amazon.

If you create an account, start selling low risk items slowly, hit the Eu limits within 2-3 months and send in good quality info, there's a VERY high percentage you will be fine.

Unfortunately the vast majority of users here do sell high risk items and don't have any patience to grow an account.
Well that's what OP (and me) said, it's harder not impossible.

There comes a point where stealth isn't worth it, I'd rather not have to worry about dozens of different accounts, bank accounts, 'creative' IDs and Paypal holding 1000s of pounds of my money indefinitely.
Old 11-14-2018
just_smile

Quote:
Well that's what OP (and me) said, it's harder not impossible.

There comes a point where stealth isn't worth it, I'd rather not have to worry about dozens of different accounts, bank accounts, 'creative' IDs and Paypal holding 1000s of pounds of my money indefinitely.
True, but what you have just said, has always been the case for stealth. To succeed you've always needed to have multiple banks, multiple accounts etc. As mentioned before the paypal holding funds is not even knew anymore.

Quote:
electoral roll, credit files and authenticity checks on documents, stealth methods are only getting harder.
Quote:
What are people doing to get round that?

My original posts (which I think you may have taken exception to) was to do with these specific points by the OP.
Old 11-14-2018

Quote:
True, but what you have just said, has always been the case for stealth. To succeed you've always needed to have multiple banks, multiple accounts etc. As mentioned before the paypal holding funds is not even knew anymore.

My original posts (which I think you may have taken exception to) was to do with these specific points by the OP.
Yes but it's harder now so a lot more banks etc are needed. I used to just send the money straight from my paypal to a supplier aswell.

I just use friends/family details now and have a legit account that I know is much safer. Rather have my mum maybe one day getting banned and not being able to buy a cheap usb charger than paypal having 1000s of my money and needed to have dozens of banks lol.
Old 11-14-2018

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Yes but it's harder now so a lot more banks etc are needed. I used to just send the money straight from my paypal to a supplier aswell.

I just use friends/family details now and have a legit account that I know is much safer. Rather have my mum maybe one day getting banned and not being able to buy a cheap usb charger than paypal having 1000s of my money and needed to have dozens of banks lol.
Does your mum know that you are using her account? It is fraud if you use it without her knowledge. Does she know there is a chance that account will be limited?

And that risk being exceptionally high if you transfer from a stealth to her account for withdrawal, as they have this tactic sussed already, from the pattern of transfers from one to the other. If you are simply using her account to receive sales money directly then whenever her account is FUBAR'd you'll be back to stealth again and she won't be able to sell or buy anything in the future under her name and address with PayPal.
Old 11-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerald View Post
Does your mum know that you are using her account? It is fraud if you use it without her knowledge. Does she know there is a chance that account will be limited?

And that risk being exceptionally high if you transfer from a stealth to her account for withdrawal, as they have this tactic sussed already, from the pattern of transfers from one to the other. If you are simply using her account to receive sales money directly then whenever her account is FUBAR'd you'll be back to stealth again and she won't be able to sell or buy anything in the future under her name and address with PayPal.
Ofcourse she knows lol. I don't use any stealth accounts anymore.

Yeah I addresses that in my post? Pretty unlikely it will get banned but if it does it's not really a big deal.
Old 11-15-2018

Longevity: 36%

Did you guys received message from ebay eu or ebay.de saying about VAT? Someone please help me understand.. thanks
Old 11-16-2018

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
There seems to be a rumour going around that uk stealth is getting impossible, I've read numerous threads and had multiple people message me about it, and its simply not true. If you sell legit items then nothing has changed in the context of overcoming limitations.
this sums up the whole thing pretty much, people are running into problems for selling "dodgy" items. Ive made stealths still and selling legit items with no hassles. All down to how its made.