Suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-26-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Suspension

Hi all,
I am new to the forum, good to be here, My first problem is, well I do not have a suspended account....you might think thats odd why are you here then. Well to be honest I have been ripping my hair out, it all started like this..........
I have had an account now for nearly 4 years with over 13,000 feedback and a high dslr scores, I do not sell a huge amount but its a wage, that with my partners pub wages helps us live basically. It all started when "an old family member" decided to re enter our lives again. This was on my partners side, to be honest at first I was dead against it, once trouble always trouble, but people can change. they had treated my partner and myself in a terrible manner(stealing money etc etc I need not explain more). Anyway she herself now had a partner, and after months of weekly/fortnightly visits all the old hostility was being healed..................after 1 week(2nd visit) she was asking questions about my business and how she always fancied working from home etc etc. Initially I said I do not want to discuss business etc etc but over the weeks my mouth got running and I helped her in every way possible to start up her business.......she said he hadn't much money and a few depts from her crazy days etc etc and she wanted to put it all behind her.......after a while she bought many products that failed which is fairly normal in this business etc etc but I told her to keep perservering..................then last week happened...........
I noticed my income decrease by about £105 in a week, which is like 50% of my wages worried I logged on and noticed another seller selling my niche product, but not a few we were talking over a hundred items. I understood of course ebay is a very competitive place, and had the sense to have savings to survive for a few months, this seller was selling everything I was at a heavily discounted price. I excepted what had happened and decided to start selling something else also, not something that was hard to get but something that had low market competition, a week later same thing this seller again, everything I was selling they were mirroring. Then last week happened,.............We all went round "the family members" house for a barbacue, all was well, drinking beer, nice food, kids playing. She
was saying how she was not gonna sell anymore as it is too much stress finding products etc etc and that if I wanted anything selling she would sell it for me, I of course replied I would help him out when an opportunity presented itself. We were leaving when my son who is 5 was on cbeebies, he can use a computer better than I can lol accidently clicked a favorites page and up come a different ebay account, I thought nothing of it as really it was none of my business, what accounts they have. I mentioned this to my partner in general chat when she was on the computer the next day. Her words were........ "there is bad news and bad news........" when I checked the computer low and behold was the mirror seller, it was "the family member" I could not believe it, she had opened up another ebay account and copied all of my listings..........and somehow got my suppliers details... my partner was pretty upset to say the least. It took her a while to forgive her the first time and she knew I forgave for her, not only had we allowed this person back into our lives but they had ripped us off she had played all of us. I felt that she was stealing of my kids, its not like I am earning a £1000 per week. Like anyone who has kids all your money goes on them. Initially she said she wanted to get to know the children again. After a week of putting them off wondering what to do, we decided that we would not say anything as if we did she would just open another account, better to know the devil than dont etc etc and gradually close this one, which to be honest was gutting, I had spent years keeping that account in good standing and was quite proud of it, it was my baby. Anyway I had decided that I would have to open another ebay account that he did not know about and start all over again. The children had obviously built up a strong relationship and were starting to ask why we had not seen them for a while. Anyway we decided to get one up on them and open this other account. A few days ago they invited us round theirs for dinner, saying they thought we were in a mood with them for some reason, we denied it. After the meal and them acting as if everything was fine it started to make me sick to be honest, that people with no principles or morals can do this. I have explored every angle as to how to deal with this. If we never speak to them again which to be honest is what I want it will effect the children, even seeing once a month is too much at the moment for me. This all has now brought me to this site, as I ant to get her suspended from ebay, normally I would never ever conceive anything like this we have always been honest and open to people, but I really do not feel I have any choice in this? Any input would be great, thanks
Kurt
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

OK, thanks I like a good novel!

You need to think carefully first though, has she registered these ebays at your address or with any of your details? Has she been banned before? If so she may have used some of your details. You also say the products are they unique, if you want to sell them again , you may get linked by association, ie ebay may think you are her or linked to her, and shes banned.. Also if you get her banned , she may know its you and use same technique to ban you back..etc etc

I sympathise with your predicament, but lets get a few opinions on whats best for you first..it may be simply continuing with your account, with her as competition, is safer for you, competition can crop up at anytime, I mean anyone can anonymously look at your listings and say I want to sell that and undercut you, its particularly nasty she stole your supplier, so took a shortcut, but in the end anyone can research it and get the info..
Old 07-26-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 85%

I dont really want her to think I have caused her to be suspended though as I dont want the hassle thanks
Old 07-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

well, what she thinks is down to her, it may be an obvious conclusion or or not to her, ie an account in her details abusing ebay in a way she hasnt done, and her going down along with it..she may suspect - so as I said before, the options are all there ,its which you take for your own benefit thats important..

Im assuming there are no copyright issues for you to report her on. But then again you would be drawing attention to yourself as a seller, if you sold them again..

Your problem is she hasnt, that I can think of done anything wrong, other than morally, and thats just a matter of opinion..

If you cause her to be suspended she may just start up again in a different address, you cannot stop her selling these products if they are legit. there are other products out there, most people get their ideas from looking at what others sell, 50% of an ebay account is the work and research you put in to it..

If alot of people on this forum were honest, if they came accross someone they knew who did well on ebay, it would be tempting to copy them. She hasnt been mean and got you banned (or if she has, not succeeded) she could have done, you are her main competition and she knows all your details. so what Im saying is you need to be careful a banning doesnt come right back at ya!

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-26-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-26-2009

Longevity: 86%

I know this sounds hard but I have refused several times to help aquaintances start an ebay business or give them any info about my IDs or what I sell. Its called tough love.

I am only prepared to offer them very general advice. I had to learn what I know through experience and hard work, just as you did. So why sub out someone who is too lazy to learn on their own. We all need a helping hand but some people will take not only that hand but the arm as well and gobble them up.

I will go through hell fire and water to help friends and I always repay a debt or a kindness. But I never forgive someone who betrays me.
Old 07-26-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

[scratched and scribbled]

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 07-27-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

OP didnt give away details, the relative snooped and used them without their knowledge, OP found out afterwards, the stealer is unaware the OP knows about it ..