What does everyone think of this method to setup Ebay & Paypal acc? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-29-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default What does everyone think of this method to setup Ebay & Paypal acc?

Hello guys,

This forum is fab! I've spent hours sucking in all the great advice and purchased a copy of eBay Stealth. This is a method i'm planning to use, just wanted to know what others think before i embark on it.

Ebay Account
1. Change IP address

2. Open ebay seller account with variation name and address (ie. change a few characters in the name and throw off the postcode by a letter). Already sent some mail to myself, and hooray it was delivered!

3. Set-up direct debit with Ebay with fresh bank account, but use variation name. Will DD mandate be accepted by bank (FirstDirect)?

4. Use virtual credit card to put on file. Could I use my new debit card which will be issued with fresh bank account? Bearing in mind i'll have to throw off the surname a little... Will this get picked up by Ebay?

5. Do phone verification with new BT number obtained through 'BT Callsign'. Ie. they have given me a landline number in addition to my regular landline.

Paypal

1. Open paypal account with variation name and variation address (as explained earlier).

2. Set-up bank account using correct bank acc number and sort code, however use variation name... Can i use my real name on DD mandate or will the variation name be sufficient??

3. Do phone verification with new BT number obtained through 'BT Callsign'. Ie. they have given me a landline number in addition to my regular landline.

4. Use virtual credit card to put on file. Could I use my new debit card which will be issued with fresh bank account? Bearing in mind i'll have to throw off the surname a little... Will this get picked up by Paypal?

Please could i get some feedback on the few questions i've mentioned. Also if anyone can see any holes/potential holes in the method I would be really gratefull to hear from yourselves.

Many Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

Hi- Will this method apply to US accounts or just UK only? Thanks!
Old 07-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

so is callsign a landline number geographically placed at your location like your original one? When I called them they said it was like a 0870 one - strange, good idea for £5 a quarter, better value than even voip, but only if you want a number located at or near your address.

The steps look good, youve sorted flash objects and cleaned cookies?
Maybe you should do paypal first then ebay after verified though, and link up...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-30-2009 at 10:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
rated1984 (07-30-2009)
Old 07-30-2009
Threadstarter  

I can't really be certain if this method will be applicable for the US. Maybe someone else can vouch for that.

With regards to call sign, my initial understanding was that it was an 0870 number. However, i've spoken to 3 BT employees and they have clearly stated that it will be a landline number, and i've put that as a condition on them. I'm going to find out in a few days time for absolute sure when they send the paperwork with the new number.

I probably will end up doing the Paypal 1st as advised. And yes i will be clearing the cookies etc. many many thanks
Old 07-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

ok update us on callsign, as for BT employees, well..they should all be tasered

Work for US? yes, except obviously different providers for phone/card/bank

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-30-2009 at 10:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
waterproof (10-03-2009)
Old 07-30-2009
Threadstarter  

I will certainly be updating everyone on the BT callsign issue. Just wanted to know the answer to the following.

I'm looking to use the virtual card for ebay and paypal however... Could I use my new debit card which will be issued with fresh bank account? Bearing in mind i'll have to throw off the surname a little... Will this get picked up by Ebay or paypal?

Also does anyone know the best virtual card provider for the UK?

Many Thanks
Old 07-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Hi,rated!
Rather like the way you prepared to 'battle' ebay.. I start with the paypal part first. entropay is good to use as a vcc. That debit card you will get will also work. 99% of the banks do not share information with paypal. Lloyds bank do so beware of that. Word of warning about BT: get the name of the staffers that gave you the info. Call-sign is linked to the landline with microfilter etc.Has a different ring tone from what I recall.
rated1984 (07-31-2009)
Old 07-31-2009
Threadstarter  

Hello GreenBean,

Thank you for the entropay advice. I was wondering if when using the debit card issued by the bank will it matter if i throw-off the name by a character or two (ie. put MR N AMED instead of MR N AHMED)? Reason why i ask is i'll be registering the Ebay and Paypal with that 'thrown off' name. Help would be much appreciated.

I've got 2 BT worker names. Something should come in the post soon with the new number (i'm assured its a landline... fingers crossed!). And yes, you're right it will ring with a different tone. Hope paypal don't pick up on that...

Thanks
Old 07-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

There is no reason why the card should not work like that. Some of the US users do this. I myself am trying this method for the UK on a trial account. It has certain advantages
rated1984 (07-31-2009)
Old 07-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

wouldnt the bank ask to see id to issue a bank card, so the name lettering wouldnt be allowed normally
Old 08-06-2009
Threadstarter  

BT got back to me today with the new call sign number... and yes it is a local geographic number (0207) and not an 0870 as mentioned by other members. Fingers crossed all the verification stuff goes through!!!