eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   DROPSHIPPING ON EBAY is it worth doing again? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/124245-dropshipping-ebay-worth-doing-again.html)

beverly25 02-22-2019 02:58 PM

DROPSHIPPING ON EBAY is it worth doing again?

Hello, ive been dropshipping on ebay for about 3 years..but last month my account get restricted from selling bcoz of linked to my old ebay account.
Now,if i buy stealth account,is dropshipping still worth doing on ebay?we know that ebay very aware of dropshippers and most throttled accounts marked them as dropshippers ..any advice about dropshipping?Do you still get sales everyday/week? thanks

sax4 02-23-2019 01:37 AM

Re: DROPSHIPPING ON EBAY is it worth doing again?

Well if you were doing for last three years then surely you should know if it's worth it, and all the pitfalls?

SquidsScissors 02-23-2019 02:56 AM

There are still thousands of dropshippers making plenty of sales...however I do prefer a mix of dropshipping/ holding stock.

blueuk 02-24-2019 07:23 AM

I've sold 100+ items this week on one account alone that the exact item costs £25 less on amazon. Considering the selling price is only £55 it's a big margin.

I don't bother with dropshipping. If my customers would receive in amazon packaging with amazon logistics delivering they'll be straight on amazon looking at the price demanding a refund.

Might make £4 less an item because of the shipping but much better in my opinion.

There are lots of ebay accounts being run by pricing bots monitoring amazon prices & auto ordering though and they do make money but eventually the negatives and complaints about being "scammed" "ripped off" "Cheaper on amazon" will kill accounts.

aspkin 02-24-2019 07:25 AM

Eh, maybe? I see a lot of complaints from eBay drop shippers lately. Depends on you I suppose. Is it worth your time?

oompaloompa 02-24-2019 11:34 AM

there are always complaints due to ds, but OP did not mention az to eb ds - which is another higher level of complaints and low margins...

when you say you did ds and left it, haha I know the feeling, leaving a group of products or model due to hassle. 1 year later browsing and then thinking maybe I should go back, as you forgot the pain of why you left....

depends on what sort of ds and your margins. The best margins I see are 30% ish and there are tons of those........

I ds but not in quantity, and usually if out of stock of physical goods or if a supplier issue.

rsot 02-24-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquidsScissors (Post 980808)
There are still thousands of dropshippers making plenty of sales...however I do prefer a mix of dropshipping/ holding stock.

Valid point - all depends on product and knowing the quality

oompaloompa 02-24-2019 02:40 PM

you should never go back out of desperation, if you had big hassle.

if you have a different strategy, or products, it might be worth looking at.

sax4 02-25-2019 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueuk (Post 981012)
I've sold 100+ items this week on one account alone that the exact item costs £25 less on amazon. Considering the selling price is only £55 it's a big margin.

I don't bother with dropshipping. If my customers would receive in amazon packaging with amazon logistics delivering they'll be straight on amazon looking at the price demanding a refund.

Might make £4 less an item because of the shipping but much better in my opinion.

There are lots of ebay accounts being run by pricing bots monitoring amazon prices & auto ordering though and they do make money but eventually the negatives and complaints about being "scammed" "ripped off" "Cheaper on amazon" will kill accounts.

Don't be so sure, I only get a small percentage that leave neg. Many of them just think "Silly me for not checking!"

oompaloompa 02-27-2019 04:04 PM

the majority of my negs are ds ones. I calculated just now, 6 times more chance of a neg compared to regular. I think it also has a delay element, as I send stuff quick, the ds stuff takes a bit longer

WEI 02-28-2019 07:07 PM

So far, i never had any complaints from customers getting some packages from amazon. This depends on the buyers you have, and the product quality - if they got what they want, they won't complain. Like 1 out of 20 of my customers doesn't care of why my items are being shipped by amazon, etc.