UK phone verification and bank account question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-15-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default UK phone verification and bank account question

Hello guys. I've bought a subscription yesterday, read it, but still have a couple of questions about UK stealth account setup.
1. Phone verification. Looks like there is no reliable virtual number number option that can be used both for UK ebay/paypal SMS verification and call forwarding, right?
Ok, I guess I can get a UK pay-as-you-go sim somewhere and it may be fine since it's a real number and I don't need to have money on it to receive sms, though question is: what if ebay try to call me and fail to reach me, cause the number would be offline or don't have enough money to receive an incoming call in roaming (Russia)? Would they instantly limit my account or send me email asking to call them back? If I could call them back it would be much more simple than having dozens of phones with 10£ on each, expecting to receive a call. In that case I can use some VoIP provider with CallerID spoofing and be perfectly fine.
2. Bank accounts. Since there is no such thing as VBA in UK (though I don't see any services providing VBA for USA either), question is: Is it not necessary to have a bank account to sell on UK ebay and have only verified phone and VCC? I really hope so, cause there is no way I can open UK account. Money withdraw is not a problem. (I can transfer to stealth withdrawal account in Russia or Latvia/Lithuania, or simply buy bitcoins/stuff/whatever)
Thanks for any support and advice.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: UK phone verification and bank account question

Quote:
Hello guys. I've bought a subscription yesterday, read it, but still have a couple of questions about UK stealth account setup.
If you're based in Russia, i'd recommend you focus on setting up a stealth eBay in your location and getting a hang of how things work before venturing into other countries. Otherwise you're more prone to making mistakes.
Old 03-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Thanks for fast reply.
Ebay is not quite popular here, though I have a lot of experience with Russian Paypal. This forum and stealthbook are basically designed to teach people how to avoide "making mistakes".
I'm sure I'm ready to venture if I get enough knowledge about how things work here.

BTW, I have additional question - I don't see any seller of accounts here, who include cookies with their paypal+ebay packages. Why so? Or I'm wrong and sellers do provide cookies?

Last edited by Muromets; 03-15-2019 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Additional question
Old 03-15-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muromets View Post
Thanks for fast reply.
Ebay is not quite popular here, though I have a lot of experience with Russian Paypal. This forum and stealthbook are basically designed to teach people how to avoide "making mistakes".
I'm sure I'm ready to venture if I get enough knowledge about how things work here.

BTW, I have additional question - I don't see any seller of accounts here, who include cookies with their paypal+ebay packages. Why so? Or I'm wrong and sellers do provide cookies?
If you feel confident enough, then sure go ahead. But I still think new users will need to take time grasping stealth, let alone figuring how to sell worldwide. There's a tonne more obstacles when you decide you want to sell in another country, some of which you're already encountering.

Cookies - not necessary. So long as you don't do anything you're not supposed to, i.e. changing emails, passwords etc. on the first day, you'll be fine.
Old 03-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Come on guys, nobody knows?
Old 03-20-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muromets View Post
Come on guys, nobody knows?

Ebay won't call you if you setup the account correctly. Even if they do and the number is dead you'll at most get a temp suspension while they ask for documents or a call back to ask a few genereic questions .. do you have the items in your possession, how much do you intend to sell etc.

You don't need a uk bank account as long as you have a vcc + some balance in your paypal account to sell(you need two payment methods available .. i.e balance and vcc will do)

BUT paypal don't like accounts that don't withdraw to bank account. You would have to be very careful, ebay funds seem to be 'higher risk' than regular funds in the eyes of paypal.

take things really slow. I open accounts and might be 3+ months before i make my first sale .. its kinda hard when you're starting out but i killed so many accounts by selling to quickly. If you can send small controlled amounts paypal to paypal first you may have a better chance at aging your accounts. Also don't buy too many .99p listings to get feedback ..this is a big red flag to both pp and ebay too

Last edited by paulfoltyn; 03-20-2019 at 02:40 AM.