eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Power Seller account suspended due to link to another suspended account!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/12692-power-seller-account-suspended-due-link-another-suspended-account.html)

dreameR.78 08-14-2009 09:35 AM

Power Seller account suspended due to link to another suspended account!!

Greetings all,

Bad news last night. Our eBay account got suspended due to it being linked to a suspended account.

The story:

1) January 2008 - Partner asked her friend from Wales if we could use their eBay account for a while as we had a few things to sell after moving from London to the north west and were staying with my in-laws.

2) Friend didn't mind so we started selling various bit and pieces ad buying items. We changed the postal address on the account to our temporary address in north west. All was fine.

3) April 2008 - We moved to a new place and decided to open our own PayPal/ eBay accounts which we did.

4) April 2008 - We stopped using friend's eBay and deposited £200 into their PayPal account to cover the eBay fees incurred during the period we used the account.

5) January 2009 - Friend had not verified PayPal account so could not pay eBay fees and they ignored the problem until the bailiffs cam knocking on their door!

6) March 2009 - We ended up moving back with the in-laws (after being burgled for almost £6000 worth of household items) so updated our eBay account to have the same postal address.

7) August 2009 - Our eBay account (power seller status for almost 1 year) is suspended due to it being linked to friends account.

We called the power seller help line but they've told us that they have information linking the two accounts together and even if we prove that we are not the same person, they will not lift the suspension unless the other account is sorted.

The problem is, we are not longer friends with that person! We fell out over this whole problem. They blamed us for the bailiffs and we blamed them for being slack and not using the money we had given them to pay the fees. (All they had to do was verify their PayPal and pay the fees!).

We have not contacted that friend for a long time and we can't see a way back with them so we're totally stuck and really distressed!

We've faxed eBay proof of our identity to prove who we are but what's that good for?

The irony is our friends account was suspended because of nonpayment of about £100 eBay fees yet they suspended our power seller account even though we have paid more than £10k over the last 12 months in eBay fees alone!

How can I get eBay to see some sense?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

bluemoon999 08-14-2009 09:49 AM

When you come to the world of "Suspension & Limitation", power seller account is not powerful as most people think.

My story: eBay suspended 3 of my power seller accounts(all registered in 2005 & 2006) on the same day without any prior communication. They all have thousands feedback points. These mean nothing to eBay system when they got linked.

eBay won't listen much because they must follow their rules to save their own butt. Don't be angry, just calm down, don't waste more time with them, it's time to move on and learn the new stealth method to avoid future troubles.

oompaloompa 08-14-2009 09:58 AM

Is there any incentive now for ex friend to clear up mess, you say baliffs have been round, so at what point will fees issue be sorted? and incidently baliffs for £100, thats not normal even for paypal and even more not normal for an individual to not pay, unless they didnt know about the baliff threat until it happend..

I think as much documentary info about your move and pleading that you cant control the other account holders actions, so unfair to link that with you, may help you.. I suggest submit it, check up that it has been received, hassle them by email once or twice and if nothing happens within 3 weeks, completely move on, consult forum on how to clear cookies, flash etc, new ip, and if ebay or pp have your new address you cant use it unfortunately , it will have to be another address or po box.

good luck

wilburnet 08-15-2009 03:04 AM

Sorry to hear that, ive had three accounts suspended in the last two years, just opened a fresh new one and waiting for the first month to pass before i start selling. i'm just concentrating in the Ebid site for the time being, sales have been picking up big time since the start of the summer great alternative to Ebay with very little fee's

oompaloompa 08-15-2009 04:23 AM

god thought ebid was a graveyard when I looked at it a year or so agao, so its changed , hmm may have a look, what catagory do you sell in wil?

GreenBean 08-15-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreameR.78 (Post 99034)
Greetings all,

Bad news last night. Our eBay account got suspended due to it being linked to a suspended account.

The story:

1) January 2008 - Partner asked her friend from Wales if we could use their eBay account for a while as we had a few things to sell after moving from London to the north west and were staying with my in-laws.

2) Friend didn't mind so we started selling various bit and pieces ad buying items. We changed the postal address on the account to our temporary address in north west. All was fine.

3) April 2008 - We moved to a new place and decided to open our own PayPal/ eBay accounts which we did.

Doing business with a friend often backfires, I am sad to say.

Quote:

4) April 2008 - We stopped using friend's eBay and deposited £200 into their PayPal account to cover the eBay fees incurred during the period we used the account.
start of the comedy of errors. There were YOUR fees and YOU should have paid them not relying on another party.

Quote:

[5) January 2009 - Friend had not verified PayPal account so could not pay eBay fees and they ignored the problem until the bailiffs cam knocking on their door!
I walked on the moon without oxygen.;) Maybe bailiffs in Wales are different from England: their fees would be more than the debt. Would so love to see the documents 'cos I don't quite think that is true.

Quote:

6) March 2009 - We ended up moving back with the in-laws (after being burgled for almost £6000 worth of household items) so updated our eBay account to have the same postal address.

7) August 2009 - Our eBay account (power seller status for almost 1 year) is suspended due to it being linked to friends account.
Sorry to hear about the robbery. That is most upsetting and painful.

Quote:

We called the power seller help line but they've told us that they have information linking the two accounts together and even if we prove that we are not the same person, they will not lift the suspension unless the other account is sorted.
Maybe a light?

Quote:

The problem is, we are not longer friends with that person! We fell out over this whole problem. They blamed us for the bailiffs and we blamed them for being slack and not using the money we had given them to pay the fees. (All they had to do was verify their PayPal and pay the fees!).
You must take some of the blame: you ASSUMED the friend would make a payment. Not a good idea.

Quote:

We have not contacted that friend for a long time and we can't see a way back with them so we're totally stuck and really distressed!

We've faxed eBay proof of our identity to prove who we are but what's that good for?

The irony is our friends account was suspended because of nonpayment of about £100 eBay feesYet they suspended our power seller account even though we have paid more than £10k over the last 12 months in eBay fees alone!

How can I get eBay to see some sense?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
We all know ebay has little sense.Couple of questions:
did your powerseller manager tell you that YOUR account would be restored if the other account had its problem solved?
If that is the case and the fees are £100 pay them yourself: not a time to complain about having already given the money to a friend. It is a possible chance to get the account back. If £100 gets your powerseller account back, then it is worthwhile.
Failing that, you should think of making more accounts: bearing in mind you will now have to be stealth.:peace:
If you have any thought or comments, please feel free to send me a pm.There may be options for you.

jane 08-15-2009 10:24 AM

i fully understand your feeling. how the hell ebay did that to me?
but it doesn't work , does it ? one of my powerseller account suspended 1 year ago with nearly 10000 feedback. ebay won't give us a ****. they just do their business ingnoring how much we paid .
just follow the ideal people told you here to carry on. that's the best way you can do.
good luck

dreameR.78 08-20-2009 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 99192)
Doing business with a friend often backfires, I am sad to say..

We didn't really have a business with them but you're right, we should have never borrowed their account!

Quote:

start of the comedy of errors. There were YOUR fees and YOU should have paid them not relying on another party.
If I knew then what I know now I would have walked all the way to ebay's office and paid the cash directly! lol

Quote:

I walked on the moon without oxygen.;) Maybe bailiffs in Wales are different from England: their fees would be more than the debt. Would so love to see the documents 'cos I don't quite think that is true.
The total fee was more like £142 but that's what our friend said. Whether actual bailiffs turned up or not who knows but she made it sound like she had them knocking on her door.

Quote:

Maybe a light?
I don't want to get my hopes too high. I don't really trust them eBay cowboys anymore.

Quote:

You must take some of the blame: you ASSUMED the friend would make a payment. Not a good idea.
For sure... never again!

Quote:

We all know ebay has little sense.Couple of questions:

did your powerseller manager tell you that YOUR account would be restored if the other account had its problem solved?
Pretty much yes. The only reason our account got suspended is because of he link to another suspended account. They said if we get the other account resolved we should be able to get this one back.

Quote:

If that is the case and the fees are £100 pay them yourself: not a time to complain about having already given the money to a friend. It is a possible chance to get the account back. If £100 gets your powerseller account back, then it is worthwhile.

But I believe our ex-friend has already paid the fees. We actually ended up sending the ex-friend the exact amount via bank transfer and they gave us back the £200 that had been sat in their Paypal account for over a year!

The issue here is that our ex-friends eBay account must have gotten suspended due to fees not being paid and it's obviously still suspended. The problem is, how do we get them to appeal the suspension? What if they don't care and never wish to use eBay again?!

We can't pretend to be them. I don't even know theur password or theur associated email account. If we lie and eBay catch drift of this then we're screwed!

Quote:

Failing that, you should think of making more accounts: bearing in mind you will now have to be stealth.:peace:
It's a shame as I don't see why I should do. The funny thing is, we're actually opertaing another eBay account which holds the same postal address as the suspended one so all isnot lost but this one hasn't been suspended yet. What a strange system eBay have! They must run these filters once every year or something!

Quote:

If you have any thought or comments, please feel free to send me a pm.There may be options for you.
Thanks for the offer. Much appreciated.

dburnside 08-21-2009 04:00 AM

can u not login the account and pay the ebay fees, if thats all its suspeneded for it will be opened again, might take a couple of months but at least u get your account back

static 08-22-2009 09:59 AM

Just 10 minutes ago, my primary Paypal account (pre 2007, fully verified w/ debit cards) was limited due to it being linked to an older PP account that I had limited due to an outstanding balance. I'm not really surprised they were linked, as the 1st account was linked to the same ebay account that the 2nd paypal account also was linked to. Obviously all of this was done before me finding this forum lol.

Now my first and most important question, is will they definitely suspend that ebay account now? It wasn't suspended or limited at all due to the initial pp account limitation. I really don't want to lose it, as it is a 2004 account with lots of feedback.

Second, what the chances that I could have the limitation on the first account overturned?...There are no outstanding disputes, or requests for info...just the negative balance. It only had that 1 dispute on it ever. However, that 1 dispute was for more money than I care to pay them just to have the account restored.

The whole reason it has a negative balance, is because I was supposed to issue a buyer a refund for a laptop I sold them. I agreed to the refund, but they never returned it! Somehow they were able to provide tracking info that stated "attempted delivery", but it was never delivered (I never got any notices of missed packages either). PAYPAL STILL ISSUED THEM A REFUND!! I contacted paypal many times and asked for an explanation, but they said that since the tracking said attempted delivery, it was enough. This to this day makes no sense to me, because I had to send it with signature confirmation (as it is worth over $250), and provide proof of DELIVERY.

Anyway, how do you all think I should proceed? I'll be quite upset if I have to lose that ebay account since it is my oldest and most fb, but at the same time I just think that it's very wrong for me to lose 2 paypal accounts as a result of a buyer trying to rip me off. Any tips as to what I can do from here?