Well, this sounds fun. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-16-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Default Well, this sounds fun.

Well, this sounds fun

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blo...563248448.html
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Well, this sounds fun.

Interesting.
Lots of sellers going to hate this and who can blame them.
Has anyone received the email they mentioned?
Old 07-17-2019

Longevity: 46%

So will it be compulsory for all sellers to use ebay managed payments? I thought I read somewhere sellers with accounts registered over a certain amount of time could opt out and continue with paypal but maybe I'm wrong. No doubt it will become mandatory for all sellers at some point :-(
Old 07-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
So will it be compulsory for all sellers to use ebay managed payments? I thought I read somewhere sellers with accounts registered over a certain amount of time could opt out and continue with paypal but maybe I'm wrong. No doubt it will become mandatory for all sellers at some point :-(
I think that will be the overall goal of this, I imagine for new users it will be compulsory when signing up once fully intergrated.

PayPal will continue to be allowed, however how long for is anyones guess currently. eBays fee structure for managed payments is already showing to be more expensive than PP, so they will need to remove PayPal from the mix to make their system used more.

There is law around the unfair practice of not allowing competition, but eBay already skates so many laws, they will probably evade this one as well.
Old 07-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I find it interesting that sellers who opted into managed payments before June 4th will be grandfathered into the old rates (no $.25 per item fee). It's really unfair - but I'm glad I enrolled before 6/4.

I guess their intention was to give sellers they like lower rates since only sellers who were invited into MP during beta testing have access to the lower rates.
Old 07-17-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

25 cents per listing makes no sense to me?
someone put multiple items from you in their shopping cart and make one payment,it is considered one transaction.
I dont know of any payment processor who does,is this something new?
If you have your own merchant account,transaction fee is 10 cents,not 25 cents per payment ,not per item ?
Old 07-17-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
In no way does managed payments fall into the realm of unfair competition, indeed they're already legally using it.

It will be a simple case of use it or go away.
On AMZN ,there is AMZN one click for third party sellers.
But can third party sellers use their own merchant account to accept sales,they used to be able to do that? if they subscribe to a shop
Old 07-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
25 cents per listing makes no sense to me?
someone put multiple items from you in their shopping cart and make one payment,it is considered one transaction.
I dont know of any payment processor who does,is this something new?
If you have your own merchant account,transaction fee is 10 cents,not 25 cents per payment ,not per item ?
There is no other payment processor doing this. It's crazy. According to a seller who was linked to from the eBay forums in that article, if a buyer buys 7 different items from your store at once you're charged ($.25 x 7) + 2.9%.

What can ya do though. Maybe they'll change it if enough sellers fuss.
Old 07-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
In no way does managed payments fall into the realm of unfair competition, indeed they're already legally using it.

It will be a simple case of use it or go away.
I suspect you don't understand the law around this.

Unfair competition, by only allowing one payment processor, is indeed in violation of that.

'Use it or go away' while yes I believe this will be eBays sentiments, is in in co trary to that. They do allow credit/debit card payments, albeit using PayPal as the handler for them.

However the area is a grey one, and I imagine will require government intervention to rectify, which I imagine won't ever happen....so times look bad, and for Stealth even worse.
Old 07-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
There is no other payment processor doing this. It's crazy. According to a seller who was linked to from the eBay forums in that article, if a buyer buys 7 different items from your store at once you're charged ($.25 x 7) + 2.9%.

What can ya do though. Maybe they'll change it if enough sellers fuss.
I think PayPal backed down after the outcry when they announced they would not refund fees on returns/refunds, but eBay is a different nasty beast. Maybe though, have to see how the trials go. The US are being the guinea pig it seems...we just end up with whatever comes out of that.
Old 07-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No it's not, you do not know what your talking about. Provide a link please to prove me wrong.

I repeat in case you've missed the dozens and dozens of threads on many forums, including this one..... THEY'RE ALREADY LEGALLY USING IT.

Interestingly nobody on any of these countless threads has shouted 'foul play', only you it seems.

I wonder how Amazon have been getting away with it for so long.
Its *you're.

Yes I may be the only one with the correct education and training.

Anyhow, its irrelevant to the discussion so to avoid diverting off topic even further, we should return to the main focus.

So, the future does look like managed payments as the sole payment provider, but we in the Uk don't know what it will look like as yet.. the trials arent looking great.
Old 07-17-2019

Longevity: 87%

Do any of the more experienced stealthers anticipate any stealth banking problems with this new payment system?
Old 07-18-2019

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHammer View Post
Do any of the more experienced stealthers anticipate any stealth banking problems with this new payment system?
I guess that is difficult to answer until the system is up and running here in UK.
Thought there were changes coming to UK banking rules regarding payments with mismatched names anyway. Sure I read that somewhere as banks try to combat fraudulent payments or payments made to incorrect account numbers.
Old 07-18-2019

Longevity: 27%

Hmmm, looks interesting for new hubs!
Old 07-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
I guess that is difficult to answer until the system is up and running here in UK.
Thought there were changes coming to UK banking rules regarding payments with mismatched names anyway. Sure I read that somewhere as banks try to combat fraudulent payments or payments made to incorrect account numbers.
I think there is going to be a lot of changes in the whole banking system over the next couple of years. Mismatched name prevention definitely being one of them. I am sure Stealth will adapt, but my fear is , it will lead into a bigger increase in illegal engagement over just sending some foney documents to a non-bank payment processor.