eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Click and Collect (another question!) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/128856-click-collect-another-question.html)

starengine 08-14-2019 06:07 PM

Click and Collect (another question!)

I've seen a recent thread on this.
Just wanted clarification...
My big plan: build up many accounts and buy items and collect through Click and Collect.

Big plan was to use different Argos stores.

From what I have read, Click and Collect at Argos won't be an option??
Damn!

If someone could confirm that would be great.
Thanks.

Pathos 08-15-2019 02:29 PM

Re: Click and Collect (another question!)

Used Argos CC multiple times this week, havent had an issue.

starengine 08-15-2019 06:51 PM

OK.
Maybe Argo don't do small items for collection?

LOMBOK 08-18-2019 06:46 AM

I have just sent a few items out to customers at different Argos stores. They were all clothing items under 1Kg.

In the past, I have bought and used Argos for collection without problems on a few stealth accounts. Nothing lately though.

Pathos 08-18-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starengine (Post 1026840)
OK.
Maybe Argo don't do small items for collection?

They do, I buy my Dongle sim cards this way. I dont even use different stores, I go in with all the codes and the stealth names on the account and collect them all in one hit.

You just need to buy from sellers offering it. The seller can also ask eBay to add it to their account if they dont currently have it.

oompaloompa 08-18-2019 10:41 AM

everything is available for collection if it is advertised on website. The store for collection may vary or it may not be available in some cases anywhere near you. Like some popular items might be out of stock a lot.

Bradd 08-22-2019 05:05 AM

I find it better to use a local shop they dont care about different names and ther open up till 11pm You dont have to use argos

I had a problem were i couldn't see the option to enter your postcode ,,But i found it when you add it to your basket

Pathos 08-22-2019 05:59 AM

I think all that has happened is the OP has looked at some sellers/items that didnt have Click and Collect enabled.

LOMBOK 08-22-2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradd (Post 1028630)
I find it better to use a local shop they dont care about different names and ther open up till 11pm You dont have to use argos

I have had problems with these small local shops rejecting delivery saying they take take parcels! They eventually get returned back to me but it is a real pain explaining to the customer what has happened even after showing them the tracking information. I report this to ebay but never get to know what action they take, if any.

Pathos 08-22-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOMBOK (Post 1028647)
I have had problems with these small local shops rejecting delivery saying they take take parcels! They eventually get returned back to me but it is a real pain explaining to the customer what has happened even after showing them the tracking information. I report this to ebay but never get to know what action they take, if any.

Yeah likewise. It has been better recently, I think it was just rolled out and half the stores didn't even get told about. eBay classic.

Bradd 08-23-2019 07:42 AM

Iv only just started using my local newsagents they use a scanner which my argos doesn't plus i dont have to pay to use the carpark like i do with argos
And they never ask my name

starengine 08-25-2019 06:46 PM

Guys, the items I was buying from had Click and Collect.
But Argos wasn't an option you could choose.

They're not setup to ask you for ID.
Anyways, all was OK and I can use the local store.
i just try to vary.

paulfoltyn 08-26-2019 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pathos (Post 1027574)
They do, I buy my Dongle sim cards this way. I dont even use different stores, I go in with all the codes and the stealth names on the account and collect them all in one hit.

You just need to buy from sellers offering it. The seller can also ask eBay to add it to their account if they dont currently have it.

I bet you get some funny looks off the spotty teenagers behind the desk, Mr Jones/Williams/Smith/Hunter/ LOL

winge00 08-27-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pathos (Post 1027574)

Don't they ask the name on the order and then it gets flagged as you have name differnt on every order, also Don't they ask for ID just to confirm the name.

winge00 08-27-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pathos (Post 1028641)
I think all that has happened is the OP has looked at some sellers/items that didnt have Click and Collect enabled.

I believe click and collect is something applied auto on some listings by ebay, seller don't have any option to add CC when creating listings. Hence why only some listings have CC not all