Friends & family + sales - does F&F at to total i.e will it trigger paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-19-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default Friends & family + sales - does F&F at to total i.e will it trigger paypal?

As the title states. I sell on ebay. Always staying below £2.5k per month per account as i find this is the number that can lead to paypals request for everything and more. I have another income forming that will be received as F&F. Do paypal view these as one i.e 2.5k + 2.5k = 5k and a limitation? or are they viewed separately by pp?

From my own experience paypal are less strict on F&F but never really pushed towards the limit.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2019

Longevity: 28%
Default Re: Friends & family + sales - does F&F at to total i.e will it trigger paypal?

What is this referring too? All of my Stealths take over £5K a month.
Old 08-20-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Friends & family + sales - does F&F at to total i.e will it trigger paypal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
What is this referring too? All of my Stealths take over £5K a month.
Have you never been asked for docs i.e supplier, postage, id, proof of address, the name of your dear old aunts, cats, kittens, brothers, friend?

In the past any time I went over 2.5k I got requested and decline after providing everything. Some occasions I did get up to near £5k but they was eventually restricted.

I'm not on about the EU AML ID request the other guy is talking about.
Old 08-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/...ove-it-faq2088

once you approach 2,500 Euros in deposits then paypal will ask for ID. You must have provided it, they make no exceptions.
Yeah thats not what the OP was asking. Ive been dealing with the EU limits since before you where out of school young chap.

He asked about his turnover per month, for apparently this mythical amount that triggers PP to ask for invoices etc.
Old 08-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfoltyn View Post
Have you never been asked for docs i.e supplier, postage, id, proof of address, the name of your dear old aunts, cats, kittens, brothers, friend?

In the past any time I went over 2.5k I got requested and decline after providing everything. Some occasions I did get up to near £5k but they was eventually restricted.

I'm not on about the EU AML ID request the other guy is talking about.
I dont think anyone but the angry poster was talking about the EU limits.

Interesting to hear, how quickly did you hit these amounts since account creation?
Old 08-20-2019

Quote:
EU limits didn't exist in the 1970's

Anyway, good try at a put down
If you're that old, then its a truly sad day to see someone of that age act the way you do.
Old 08-20-2019

Quote:
get over it princess, I don't plan on changing any time soon.
I think that explains more about your life, than anyone elses.
Old 08-20-2019
Banned

Longevity: 43%

Quote:

Interesting to hear, how quickly did you hit these amounts since account creation?
WTF? How the heck was him mentioning the EU limits being "angry"? That was just some psychological projection on your part.

The only attitude in this thread came from you with your condescending "young chap" comment.

Last edited by parsierngue; 08-20-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Well that escalated quickly

Some too quickly which obviously is the reason for being triggered. But others have been 2 years old gradually built up, I also think its the items and the value per sale play a factor.

Its been a while since i set off the red flags since i just stay below £2.5k and spread accounts. Now if an account makes it past first month its usually safe.

So again, you never get doc requests upto and over 5k?
Old 08-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsierngue View Post
WTF? How the heck was him mentioning the EU limits being "angry"? That was just some psychological projection on your part.

The only attitude in this thread came from you with your condescending "young chap" comment.
Best to check posting history.
Old 08-20-2019

Quote:
Well that escalated quickly

Some too quickly which obviously is the reason for being triggered. But others have been 2 years old gradually built up, I also think its the items and the value per sale play a factor.

Its been a while since i set off the red flags since i just stay below £2.5k and spread accounts. Now if an account makes it past first month its usually safe.

So again, you never get doc requests upto and over 5k?
Yes Ive never been asked for these docs on any account, one of which is in excess of 100k a year. But they took 2-3 years to get to that point.

Items always play a huge factor in PP limitations.

Maybe an added advantage is I pay my supplier with those accounts, so PP can see where the money is going, and that company is the supplier of what I sell.

However I have just touched wood for a long period of time
Old 08-21-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes Ive never been asked for these docs on any account, one of which is in excess of 100k a year. But they took 2-3 years to get to that point.

Items always play a huge factor in PP limitations.

Maybe an added advantage is I pay my supplier with those accounts, so PP can see where the money is going, and that company is the supplier of what I sell.

However I have just touched wood for a long period of time
That is very interesting. What is you max and average item value?

thanks for your input
Old 08-21-2019

Quote:
That is very interesting. What is you max and average item value?

thanks for your input
Yes you made a good call on that as potetially what an issue could be.

Max item is £120, but generally most sales are around £25-30, what are yours like?
Old 08-22-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes you made a good call on that as potetially what an issue could be.

Max item is £120, but generally most sales are around £25-30, what are yours like?
That is probably it. £120 is a lower end for me. £200-250 typically.
Old 08-22-2019

Quote:
That is probably it. £120 is a lower end for me. £200-250 typically.
Ah good call, interesting to know if I ever choose to branch out. Theres obviously a lot of financial risk in a few transactions for £250 for PayPal.