Ayden - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-03-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Ayden

As we all know it’s coming. But has anyone got any ideas of theory’s on how we are getting around it for stealth? I had a idea about making yourself the 2nd primary user on the account? As eBay won’t let you change the name of the primary account holder. Will Ayden act knowledge this? And therefore match it to your real bank and verify? Hmmm
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Ayden

I phoned Ayden today and the rep said that it needs to match the name on account to bank she couldn’t say if secondary account holder would work. But she did mention that the business name of eBay account could match with a business bank account!!! Anyone shed any light on this?
Old 09-03-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Business accounts are the way forward in USA as of right now. Legally form a new company, open a bank account for the new company, then register on eBay using the new company info and link the new business bank account for payouts.

I can only speculate on your proposed secondary user method. I doubt it would work. eBay will want your eBay name to match your bank name exactly and if there's any doubts they request bank statements. From eBay's point of view there's no good reason why you'd need your payouts to go to the "secondary user" instead of having them go to the person who registered the account.

Calling Adyen directly is probably only getting you semi-relevant information. It's similar to calling Adyen looking for detailed information on Etsy payments or something Uber billed you for. They're the company eBay partnered with to create eBay managed payments but eBay is the one running the show now that it's live, not Adyen. Adyen is the backend processor who gets huge batches of electronic payments to handle on eBay's behalf. But since it's eBay's payment platform all of their rules and regulations still apply and if anyone gives you verification problems it would be eBay.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
kinsey (09-03-2019), nickopedia (09-03-2019), nitram (09-05-2019), nodeal (09-03-2019), rsot (09-05-2019)
Old 09-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Business accounts are the way forward in USA as of right now. Legally form a new company, open a bank account for the new company, then register on eBay using the new company info and link the new business bank account for payouts.

I can only speculate on your proposed secondary user method. I doubt it would work. eBay will want your eBay name to match your bank name exactly and if there's any doubts they request bank statements. From eBay's point of view there's no good reason why you'd need your payouts to go to the "secondary user" instead of having them go to the person who registered the account.

Calling Adyen directly is probably only getting you semi-relevant information. It's similar to calling Adyen looking for detailed information on Etsy payments or something Uber billed you for. They're the company eBay partnered with to create eBay managed payments but eBay is the one running the show now that it's live, not Adyen. Adyen is the backend processor who gets huge batches of electronic payments to handle on eBay's behalf. But since it's eBay's payment platform all of their rules and regulations still apply and if anyone gives you verification problems it would be eBay.
Am on about setting up a new business bank account in the same name as your eBay shop name and using that when Ayden asks for a bank account. That way the names would match. Even though the name on the business account would be diff from the name on the eBay account. But Ayden will only look for the business name on the account to match business name of the eBay account ???
Old 09-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Also if this was a workaround where would that leave us regarding ID? as obv the IDs we would submit wouid be diff to the name of the eBay account? Passport etc? as the business account wouid still be in your real name
Old 09-03-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowprintdirect View Post
Am on about setting up a new business bank account in the same name as your eBay shop name and using that when Ayden asks for a bank account. That way the names would match. Even though the name on the business account would be diff from the name on the eBay account. But Ayden will only look for the business name on the account to match business name of the eBay account ???

I'm not very familiar with UK banking but in USA if you make an LLC bank account, the LLC is the only name that will show on the account. So in the case of US eBay -> US bank it's a perfect name match.

If UK bank accounts have personal names associated with them then I guess it may be different for you guys, but I don't think it will be.
Old 09-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I'm not very familiar with UK banking but in USA if you make an LLC bank account, the LLC is the only name that will show on the account. So in the case of US eBay -> US bank it's a perfect name match.

If UK bank accounts have personal names associated with them then I guess it may be different for you guys, but I don't think it will be.
So it’s a good bet Ayden will only be interested in the business name of the account to match that to the business or eBay account name as eBay has 2 names your stealth name & your business name or store name.
Old 09-03-2019
Executive [VIP]

Yes, I'd say so.
Old 09-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes, I'd say so.
What about the ID situation ?
Old 09-03-2019
Executive [VIP]

I haven't run into any ID situations with the account I have in MP. Another member here said they submitted a doctored ID during part of the application and didn't have any problems.
Old 09-03-2019
Threadstarter  

With it being a business bank account linked they might want something to do with the business instead of personal ID
Old 09-03-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%

I doubt the rep gave you accurate info. Its probably the same as ebay - reps do not have the necessary info to properly answer questions and that is done so intentionally.
Example - the bank account name must match. There is no way for them to see the name of the bank account holder if all theyre doing is sending the payments to the bank account.
Old 09-03-2019
Threadstarter  

So when they ask for ID what do they compare it to? In order to verify your eBay.
Old 09-03-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%

If they have access to the national DMV database they can confirm the DL number on the doc provided them.
Old 09-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Sorry I didn’t understand any of that.
Old 09-03-2019
Threadstarter  

We talking about uk accounts by way.
Old 09-03-2019

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowprintdirect View Post
As we all know it’s coming. But has anyone got any ideas of theory’s on how we are getting around it for stealth? I had a idea about making yourself the 2nd primary user on the account? As eBay won’t let you change the name of the primary account holder. Will Ayden act knowledge this? And therefore match it to your real bank and verify? Hmmm
I dont know how true this way, maybe someone can correct me. However, I was told not so long ago that it's better to use a savings account for Paypal when using stealth in the UK. Two reasons, the bank will allow confirmation of a bank account but will not forward the name on the account to paypal, because it isn't a current account. They're apparently okay with this. It's recommended to leave a few days between confirming the statement code.

If this true and whether or not it would apply to Ayden's verification process is another matter.

This was from someone who runs 3 stealths at a time.
Old 09-05-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingersburnt View Post
I dont know how true this way, maybe someone can correct me. However, I was told not so long ago that it's better to use a savings account for Paypal when using stealth in the UK. Two reasons, the bank will allow confirmation of a bank account but will not forward the name on the account to paypal, because it isn't a current account. They're apparently okay with this. It's recommended to leave a few days between confirming the statement code.

If this true and whether or not it would apply to Ayden's verification process is another matter.

This was from someone who runs 3 stealths at a time.
A mismatch in names with PayPal works fine, hence why we often say use savings accounts as opening/closing them isn't as big a fuss as a current account.

Whether it will work with Adyen (different to Paypal), is another matter. Time will tell for certain.

Just how US PayPal works different to UK PayPal, US Adyen is bound to be different to UK Adyen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
WestHammer (09-05-2019)
Old 09-12-2019

Longevity: 88%

Is this Ayden and micromanaged payments only applicable to an ebay business account or will it be personal too?
Old 09-13-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly View Post
Is this Ayden and micromanaged payments only applicable to an ebay business account or will it be personal too?
From my understanding it will replace PayPal wholly. So if that's going to happen, it will affect both personal and business accounts.
Old 09-27-2019

Longevity: 81%

When is this Ayden going to happen?

This is the first i've heard of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to arshavin For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (10-10-2019)