eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Anyone Swapped Hard Drives Instead of User Accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/129518-anyone-swapped-hard-drives-instead-user-accounts.html)

ebanned 09-06-2019 06:52 PM

Anyone Swapped Hard Drives Instead of User Accounts?

Has anyone gone to extreme measures by having each stealth account on a separate hard drive?

Ive recently been using a laptop and then for each account I have been using a different hard drive. I like how its difficult to log into the wrong account as I have to physically shut down the laptop and swap the drive rather than just swap a user account.

Is there any other way that accounts could be linked using this method? The drives use the bios COA for windows 10 and each drive activates using different drives.

Thanks

aspkin 09-06-2019 07:00 PM

Re: Anyone Swapped Hard Drives Instead of User Accounts?

Man.. in all the years I have not heard of anyone going that extreme.

I have seen people using different devices, some even purchasing cheap laptops for accounts but physically swapping account HDs, thats new. :)q

ebanned 09-06-2019 07:08 PM

Is it that bad lol

I have one stealth laptop, five drives and got the laptop brackets for each drive so they are easier to pull out. I use 60gb ssd drives as they are really cheap and indestructible too.

Its easy enough, just shut down the laptop, unscrew a small screw and swap the drive.

Surely its more extreme to have a dedicated laptop for each account? :)

slokor 09-07-2019 12:00 AM

Sounds a lot of unnecessary hardware and effort to do something that could be accomplished much easier in several different ways.

ebanned 09-07-2019 09:41 AM

You can pick up 60gb ssd drives for £10 and you can leave them lying around without worrying if youll damage them, plus they are easy to swap over, takes a couple of minutes to turn one account off and another on.

Plus then I dont have to worry about linking any of the accounts.

Talk of linking Mac addresses gets me a bit worried but I understand ebay cannot see the laptops Mac address unless I install ebay software?

JamesNorth101 09-07-2019 10:32 AM

If I was going to do it that way, which is a bit of overkill, I would just use a OS bootable USB. Way less work than swapping the hard drive each time!

MAC addresses you really dont need to worry about.

yankee 09-07-2019 10:34 AM

Sounds like you are comfortable with this. Go for it... 100% not needed, but have at it :)

Fingersburnt 09-09-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebanned (Post 1032138)
Has anyone gone to extreme measures by having each stealth account on a separate hard drive?

Ive recently been using a laptop and then for each account I have been using a different hard drive. I like how its difficult to log into the wrong account as I have to physically shut down the laptop and swap the drive rather than just swap a user account.

Is there any other way that accounts could be linked using this method? The drives use the bios COA for windows 10 and each drive activates using different drives.

Thanks

5 user accounts on a single laptop with a mobile tether. On another laptop i have an IP tracker, account details and have a process in place to avoid accidents. It's a work in progress but happy with it. :)

Piercedguy76xxx 09-17-2019 02:56 PM

why not just have 5 or what ever windows accounts on one laptop or pc?

Ill Be Back 09-18-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebanned (Post 1032141)
Is it that bad lol

I have one stealth laptop, five drives and got the laptop brackets for each drive so they are easier to pull out. I use 60gb ssd drives as they are really cheap and indestructible too.

Its easy enough, just shut down the laptop, unscrew a small screw and swap the drive.

Surely its more extreme to have a dedicated laptop for each account? :)

That's way too extreme, pricier, longer and not practical if you plan on travelling whilst answering questions on different stores.

I have caused so many red flags by using the same IP addresses across stores, having money come out of my bank account when my PayPal had no funds etc and so far none of my accounts have gone down so far for those reasons.

If they ever do go down because of my negligence then I'd rather that happen after many happy years as opposed to being completely safe but having to change my hard drives every day for the rest of my life haha

Bradd 09-18-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingersburnt (Post 1032679)
5 user accounts on a single laptop with a mobile tether. On another laptop i have an IP tracker, account details and have a process in place to avoid accidents. It's a work in progress but happy with it. :)

Hey whats that ip tracker you use

SaiJin 09-18-2019 01:28 PM

My IP tracker is my Xcel sheet... manual and fool proof =P