eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Does the area code matter? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/12988-does-area-code-matter.html)

ohdear 08-26-2009 04:45 PM

Does the area code matter?

I have been thinking of using my husbands work telephone number to verify my ebay and paypal account.

He works in a different town so therefore the number I provide will be a different area code to my home address.

Does this really matter and will ebay/paypal even notice?

aspkin 08-26-2009 05:33 PM

It doesn't seem to matter much from what I've seen.

But if you don't have access to that number it's not a good idea to use it. You need to use a number that you can access at all times.

jane 08-26-2009 06:40 PM

don't use it, it's risky. just buy a voip number. it's easy. you seach on forum, lots of company do that. it's only few pounds

GreenBean 08-26-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohdear (Post 101087)
I have been thinking of using my husbands work telephone number to verify my ebay and paypal account.

He works in a different town so therefore the number I provide will be a different area code to my home address.

Does this really matter and will ebay/paypal even notice?

Not recommended. If there is a phone call from either ebay/paypal how do you konw that it will be answered by your husband? You don't know. Neither ebay/paypal leave messages so the account could have a problem:pout:

Part of starting again is to make sure that you have these things sorted:
accessible address
contactable phone number
The cost of another phone will be recouped when you sell successfully. Poor planning to do otherwise.
There are workable solutions for phones mentioned here. Any problems please feel free to send me a pm :peace:

ohdear 08-26-2009 07:02 PM

Thank you for your answers.

My husbands work number is actually his own direct number so no will answer it except for him.

If he doesn't answer the call it would either go straight through to voice mail or be forwarded to his mobile.

Does this make any difference to the safety of using it?

GreenBean 08-26-2009 07:10 PM

Scenario: husband out of office at lunch with associates. Incoming phone call from paypal diverts to mobile (which is switched on because he is at a buisness lunch). Husband is at the bar getting drinks. Assoicate answers the phone, has no idea wth paypal are And says sorry Mrs Brown is not here or I don't know Mrs Brown or OK I take the message (but I'm half cut so I don't understand what you are saying) Super confused paypal say OK we'll send out a letter instead (that will take maybe 4 weeks to get there, [Not to mention the postal strike;)]

So look at the confusion? Have your own phone.