eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   I use a Vodafone dongle for my stealth Do people really check the Dongle IPs evyday (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/131329-i-use-vodafone-dongle-my-stealth-do-people-really-check-dongle-ips-evyday.html)

Bradd 11-13-2019 05:33 PM

I use a Vodafone dongle for my stealth Do people really check the Dongle IPs evyday

Cant get all what i want in the heading

But do you check your IPs very time you long on when you got multiple stealth accounts

Freakzilla 11-13-2019 06:43 PM

Re: I use a Vodafone dongle for my stealth Do people really check the Dongle IPs evyd

You should always make a note of the IP Address.

james_112233 11-13-2019 07:50 PM

Re: I use a Vodafone dongle for my stealth Do people really check the Dongle IPs evyd

Yes, it's just eliminating another factor in which you could possibly be linked.

Fingersburnt 11-13-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradd (Post 1048469)
Cant get all what i want in the heading

But do you check your IPs very time you long on when you got multiple stealth accounts

You'd be surprised how quickly an IP address is used again. There's a spreadsheet on here for tracking the IP address. Not my work, but I use it for my SIM. It's really handy.

e2free 11-13-2019 09:22 PM

No point keeping ips it makes no difference

Twisty 11-14-2019 04:36 AM

I don't anymore. I can't remember the last time I got a duplicate IP so gave up logging them. No issues since and it's been 3/4 years.

james_112233 11-14-2019 05:21 AM

Better be sure than sorry. I'd be fuming if I lost my accounts due to a IP link when everything is going well and I have invested a lot of money in stock.

Bradd 11-14-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1048544)
Ordinarily I dont worry about IP addresses. I used to monitor them and have never seen a duplicate. Whats to say you wont be randomly allocated an IP used by another 'stealther' or one which has been misused? It become a futile task. If your using one of the mainstream providers then I doubt ebay or Amazon care, they just see a respectable IP provider/pool.

That said, OP's question was about using the same dongle for multiple stealth accounts, so you should at least have the sense to at least check they change when swapping between accounts, so I guess that counts as some kind of IP monitoring. Worryingly they said do we check 'everyday' suggesting they might be using the same IP an a daily basis to do all their stealthing. Surely not?

Yes i use the same dongle for about 4 different accounts i obviously switch the dongle of every time i log into a different account ..So are you advising i use 4 different dongles for each account ?

rsot 11-14-2019 06:10 AM

If you have the time and want to do stealth to a tee then making sure you don't overlap IPs is a good bet

Bradd 11-14-2019 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1048563)
No, just that it's good practice to ensure you dont share IP's between accounts so you aught to check it's changed every time you reboot it and move to another account.

This came up before ..So i used to check the IPs.. but i found out if you leave the dongle of for a couple of minutes it changes The IPs all the time ..But il defo take your advice for the future Il get onto ebay and buy 3 more Vodfone dongles@@Edit .I just saw you said i dont need 4 dongles but i should check i dont overlap IPs when switching accounts .Sorry i just saw it

Bradd 11-14-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1048686)
Yes, no need to go OTT, tethering/dongles are a great cheap option for us in the UK but you still need to apply an element of discipline even with one dongle.

Oh im very careful with my Dongle :lol:

Pandoras_box 11-14-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Whats to say you wont be randomly allocated an IP used by another 'stealther' or one which has been misused?

If you use a residential IP, you would, with time get IPs that have been used. But that should not cause a link. The simple reason is that many other 'parameters' that eBay expects to match (if the accounts were similar or belonged to the same computer), will fail to a large degree: eg, fonts, screen size/dept, GPU driver (unimaginably important) and media devices...

However, using the same example above - if you replaced the residential IP with an abused datacentre IP, you can expect that account to fall on its knees even if there aren't similarities. Such IPs would have been 'classed' by eBay.

Quote:

It become a futile task. If your using one of the mainstream providers then I doubt ebay or Amazon care, they just see a respectable IP provider/pool.

Why mainstream and not nordVPN for example? Isn't that because IPs matter?:lol:

I think there may be at least two dangers we face with IPs. And these are quite different.
a. Abused Datacentre IPs as seen above and
b. Residential IPs

We may avoid the first by sticking to Residential IPs.
But the other, by keeping logs
When I log IPs, it is just one step to keep me from linking myself with my other accounts that may be unwittingly similar.
Some residential networks are generous with IPs, others aren't.

It takes quite some work to make every account and listings to be dissimilar.