Anyone had problems adding a bank? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Anyone had problems adding a bank?

I've read about issues with savers accounts and this one is a tesco savers account.
But I added this bank account years ago and adding funds to the account no problem. I haven't really used this paypal account much.

I recently started selling some stuff and paypal asked for docs. The docs passed but paypal said they deactivated the bank account because i didn't use it for a while (??)

"server issues" when trying to re-add it.
I called and the guy said he was going to have to go through additional security on the phone with me. I said OK but he said the system wasn't letting him do it. Maybe because he said he was going to credit check but the guy/address doesn't exist.

paypal guy said call again in a day or two and it should work as it he tried to "reactivate" the bank account. (i'm not confident of this)

Lesson learnt about savers accounts i guess.
But if i add a completely new (not saver) bank account now will it work? Or will the errors persist now?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 70%
Default Re: Anyone had problems adding a bank?

bump. any experience?
Old 12-04-2019

Longevity: 71%

paypal can't credit check lol
Old 12-04-2019

Longevity: 71%

however i've had this with a couple of my accounts recently- it seems to be if you forget to confirm your VCC or it doesn't confirm properly and then you try adding a bank and there is funds in.
Old 12-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by damac View Post
They can and do ML checks that leaves a soft footprint on my Credit file. This happens on my original PayPal account. I know because I check my credit often.
Old 12-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscruff View Post
I've read about issues with savers accounts and this one is a tesco savers account.
But I added this bank account years ago and adding funds to the account no problem. I haven't really used this paypal account much.

I recently started selling some stuff and paypal asked for docs. The docs passed but paypal said they deactivated the bank account because i didn't use it for a while (??)

"server issues" when trying to re-add it.
I called and the guy said he was going to have to go through additional security on the phone with me. I said OK but he said the system wasn't letting him do it. Maybe because he said he was going to credit check but the guy/address doesn't exist.

paypal guy said call again in a day or two and it should work as it he tried to "reactivate" the bank account. (i'm not confident of this)

Lesson learnt about savers accounts i guess.
But if i add a completely new (not saver) bank account now will it work? Or will the errors persist now?
It is very likely that you've triggered a security check. These checks can take 24 - 72 hours to complete and those first-line agents you speak to don't have privileges to remove it.

You bank account details could also be stuck in their database as 'previously used'

You can wait 72 hours and try again or ask them to escalate it - but I prefer to wait.

If I were in your situation. I'd make another Tesco saver, wait a minimum of 72 hours and add it. Then wait another week before you withdraw a small amount to it and so on.
Old 12-09-2019

Longevity: 45%

Have you tried using a different browser what do i know
Old 12-17-2019

Longevity: 25%

i had the same situation today, was told to wait 72 hours, ring them up and they will do it for me on the phone. they are such a shady ****ing company, everything is so wrong about them, i hate paypal so much but what can you do right...
Old 12-17-2019

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by damac View Post
Yes they can. They offer credit so as a result they have to access credit files to verify your ID to check you can afford to take credit. They will also use this to ID you when adding / removing new bank accounts if you get picked up.
Old 12-17-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

OP, I'm assuming everything is ok now?

This kind of issue usually takes about 2-3 days to clear and some times a week, as long as you don't keep trying to add that new bank.