MC013 - Intent To Disrupt? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-04-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default MC013 - Intent To Disrupt?

Just received this from ebay? Anyone know if this is permanent or just a few days? month? I can't beleive this crap! Has anyone any clue about this?

xxxxxxxxx: Your eBay account - action needed

Dear xxxxxxxxx (xxxx@gmail.com),

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended for Intent to Disrupt..

Your account will remain suspended for a minimum of 3days.

During your suspension you are prohibited from using eBay in any way, including registering new accounts. Doing so may result in your permanent suspension. We have ended any open listings.

Please be advised that this suspension does not relieve you of your obligation to pay any fees that you may owe to eBay.

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum, ed.

Um, this is a weird notice from ebay. Are you mainly a buyer? Have you had any problems with a seller? Has your account low FB or negative FB?
Mostly relates to bidding & not meeting requirements. Was there any other notice?
Old 09-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Welcome to the forum, ed.

Um, this is a weird notice from ebay. Are you mainly a buyer? Have you had any problems with a seller? Has your account low FB or negative FB?
Mostly relates to bidding & not meeting requirements. Was there any other notice?
Hi -

Thanks for your reply, I am a seller & what I think happened is somebody left me neg feedback because the said thir item never showed up, even though I refunded, re-sent item & claimed compo from Royal Mail for them - That made me real mad, so I purchased something of low value from that person intending to ruin their 100% feedback also (as mine was) Childish, I know, but I did have a 100% record & my customer service IS second to none so that really made my blood boil & it was a knee-jerk reaction that I should of just let blow over.. There was no other notice btw

Do you think it is a temporary suspension or indefinate from the email they sent me?
Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

May as well be honest: the restriction might get lifted within 3 days. Or ebay will hold off on removing it for a few extra days as 'they' will be looking at any activity on completed listings. Sadly it's a black mark right now.
If I suggest contacting them, it often makes things worse. Certainly makes your life miserable as you get poor service. Hold off for 36 hours & check the account: let the forum know.... not a powerseller?
Old 09-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
May as well be honest: the restriction might get lifted within 3 days. Or ebay will hold off on removing it for a few extra days as 'they' will be looking at any activity on completed listings. Sadly it's a black mark right now.
If I suggest contacting them, it often makes things worse. Certainly makes your life miserable as you get poor service. Hold off for 36 hours & check the account: let the forum know.... not a powerseller?
Thanks for your honesty, can you just clear something up for me.. what do you mean by 'they will be looking at any activity on completed listings'? do you mean they will be monitoring my feedback received from my listings by my customers? I had a score of 338 & only one neg (from this damn user) I am qualified for Bronze Powerseller but not yet received status as I had't met criteria last month

I will of course post any news, good or bad here as the situation unfolds (or imploads)
Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^Yep: if you have feedback due and it is fine, then things would be more favourable..... which I am sure will happen. No one gets FB of 338 and be a careless seller. One glitch, you rest, regroup and be extra careful
Old 09-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
^^^Yep: if you have feedback due and it is fine, then things would be more favourable..... which I am sure will happen. No one gets FB of 338 and be a careless seller. One glitch, you rest, regroup and be extra careful
Okay thanks for all your help, so you thnk it will be okay then if I just let it rest a while? I mean I have not been selling dodgy goods & have only ever had one Paypal issue to resolve - ever. Just can't believe they have done this! I will be more careful in the future yes..
Old 09-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

We'll think positive thoughts.
ed209 (09-04-2009)
Old 09-04-2009

Longevity: 86%

Ebay have been beleaguered by sellers who are anxious with the October changes that some competitor of disgruntled customer will do as you have done - buy something in order to leave bad fb or low DSR. They say they have "measures in place" to monitor this but no ones knows exactly what they are!

This is not a good idea at all. If you want to highlight poor service then best to leave an honest neg with an explanation rather than being sneaky and underhand.

If you Must buy in order to leave a neg at least get a mate (different address, IP etc) to do it. But really not recommended.
The Following User Says Thank You to biglouis999 For This Useful Post:
ed209 (09-04-2009)
Old 09-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglouis999 View Post
Ebay have been beleaguered by sellers who are anxious with the October changes that some competitor of disgruntled customer will do as you have done - buy something in order to leave bad fb or low DSR. They say they have "measures in place" to monitor this but no ones knows exactly what they are!

This is not a good idea at all. If you want to highlight poor service then best to leave an honest neg with an explanation rather than being sneaky and underhand.

If you Must buy in order to leave a neg at least get a mate (different address, IP etc) to do it. But really not recommended.
Yeah in hindsight it was a silly move.. I should've counted to 10 to calm down before doing that..
Old 09-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Just for the record my account was reinstated today after 4 days suspended thanks for all your help.

Also, is it worth while setting up a 'back-up' account just in case? even though I have a fully functional account again? or is this best done when you are indefinatley suspended?
Old 09-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Good to hear. Yes, make back-up accounts now. Be a Girl Scout & be ready. You understand about different IPs, cookies and those special things to do? Regard this as a warning
Old 09-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Good to hear. Yes, make back-up accounts now. Be a Girl Scout & be ready. You understand about different IPs, cookies and those special things to do? Regard this as a warning
Hi, I have the eBay Stealth ebook & have read up... I have a BT Home Hub, will this change my IP each time I go online? I'm not too sure..

Is there a step-by-step guide on the forums for UK sellers to set up accounts?
Old 09-10-2009

Congrats on getting your account reinstated. I heard of this happening to another user. She had made another account just to leave a neg for the seller and got reported. She was only suspended for 2 days as a "warning".

I have a BT Home Hub as well. It will only give you a new IP address if you reset it. There should be a small button at the very bottom on the back. If you reset it will take about 2 minutes to come back online and give you a new IP address. But my nephew says it will only give you one "within a range". To set up your new accounts get a dongle from T Mobile or 3 or one of the other mobile service providers. I am told the one from 3 is fastest - I have the T Mobile one and it gives me about 3k. A dongle should give you a completely new IP each time you use it.

You can get a pay as you go dongle to begin with - you dont need to take out a contract. Or you could use pay as you go dialup accounts - but they are fearfully slow to use more than occasionally.
Old 09-10-2009

Dongles cost from about £30 in the shops. If you look you can get one for less on eBay. I sniped one for £20 and it also had £20 credit in it. So a good deal compared with retail.