I have 4 Laptops at 4 different locations - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-27-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default I have 4 Laptops at 4 different locations

Hi seniors
I have 4 different laptops running 4 different legitimate eBay accounts under my friends IDs from 4 different geographical locations.
But my VAs are accessing those accounts through ONE Anydesk remotely.
Can eBay still link them?
Yesterday eBay has suspended one of my new legitimate account without any apparent reason.
Please advise
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: I have 4 Laptops at 4 different locations

Any senior please shed some light
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
I cant help sorry but as most of the forums members are from the US, then maybe wait another 5 or 6 hours until they start getting out of bed.
Thanks tinsoldier
Old 02-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sanetor View Post
Hi seniors
I have 4 different laptops running 4 different legitimate eBay accounts under my friends IDs from 4 different geographical locations.
Yesterday eBay has suspended one of my new legitimate account without any apparent reason.
Please advise
Not familiar with the application

Although it's quite possible that the suspended account had nothing to do with linkage, especially if it's a new account
Old 02-27-2020

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Hi seniors
Please advise
Hi
Allow me please to reply to your question.
Technically spoken, you have 4 machines at 4 different locations. So they have different properties (even if exactly the same model) and different physical "residential" Ips. So far, all clean.
And you access them by using Anydesk App (software to remotely access a machine).
There is no way that ebay will link them together.
The reason why ebay suspended one of the these accounts is certainly not the fact that you use Anydesk.
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by @MasterNaster View Post
Hi
Allow me please to reply to your question.
Technically spoken, you have 4 machines at 4 different locations. So they have different properties (even if exactly the same model) and different physical "residential" Ips. So far, all clean.
And you access them by using Anydesk App (software to remotely access a machine).
There is no way that ebay will link them together.
The reason why ebay suspended one of the these accounts is certainly not the fact that you use Anydesk.
Thanks a lot for your response.
I was listing at a fast pace on this new account. In facet it was a 2nd account. The first account is at 1000 listing limit so I thought I should create a new account under those IDs. On 17th Feb created new account and they gave me 100 and £3500 limit from start. On 22nd Feb they suspended it and I contacted them and they reinstated it immediately after asking few questions about different emails IDs for eBay and PayPal and I said both are mine.
Now on 26th February they suspended it again permanently due to security concerns.
I'm so depressed now
What about the main account which is still up and running ?
Old 02-27-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 62%
Longevity: 91%

I have seen issues with people's VAs using a remote access software.
Not to mention these VAs usually don't understand fully how stealth works nor do they put priority into making sure accounts won't be linked.

I was helping a member a month ago with similar issues and we decided that they go the traditional way of using multiple windows user accounts but they get fresh dedicated IPBurger VPN per account.

Install the IPBurger on the VA's computer as well as the owner's.
Owner logs in first for the first week, then VA starts using the VPN.

It's been a month and so far no problems
Old 02-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

We use AnyDesk to access about 100 VMs remotely.
It only creates a bridge between your computer and the remote computer. It isn't technically possible (even if you were trying hard) for eBay or any other website to know or see how you connect to your computer when you use AnyDesk.

It is possible your account was suspended for something else.
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
It only creates a bridge between your computer and the remote computer. It isn't technically possible (even if you were trying hard) for eBay or any other website to know or see how you connect to your computer when you use AnyDesk.

Ok here is another thing please do let me know if this might be the reason.
1. We received few orders of a particular product on our suspended Account. Due to some reason we gone out of stock so we thought instead of canceling all orders we should place order on eBay from other supplier.
2. So we places all orders on eBay but from an old BAD IP BAD Reputation eBay account which we use only for buying.
3. Is it possible eBay linked both Accounts (new account we received orders on and old bad Account we placed order on) because buyer's name and addressess were same on both accounts?
Old 02-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:

Hi - I hope you don't think this is too silly

I am planning to locate a tablet with a relative about 300 miles from me - would I be correct in assuming that they would need to turn on the machine for me each day for me to access it? (sorry if I'm being thick)
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
1. We received few orders of a particular product on our suspended Account. Due to some reason we gone out of stock so we thought instead of canceling all orders we should place order on eBay from other supplier.
2. So we places all orders on eBay but from an old BAD IP BAD Reputation eBay account which we use only for buying.
3. Is it possible eBay linked both Accounts (new account we received orders on and old bad Account we placed order on) because buyer's name and addressess were same on both accounts?
Anyone any clue about this theory please?
Old 02-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I wouldn't know for sure, but linking accounts is a possibility. I know eBay don't talk much but did the suspension message give you a hint?

A reseller used to make several purchases from one of my stealth account on a daily basis and there weren't any problems to his or my account.

We moved him to another payment method to save fees and to stay below the VAT threshold.

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 02-27-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
Hi - I hope you don't think this is too silly

I am planning to locate a tablet with a relative about 300 miles from me - would I be correct in assuming that they would need to turn on the machine for me each day for me to access it? (sorry if I'm being thick)
Yes, it would need to be on whenever you access it.

If you must use a remote location, I'd advise a different strategy:

You can buy a used small form factor branded PC instead of a tablet.
You can find these on eBay for about £150 without a monitor.

You wouldn't need a monitor, keyboard or mouse.
Just have windows installed and configured to log on automatically.
Have AnyDesk installed and configured to automatically accept requests only from you.
Plug the PC to a UPS and have it connected to the internet. Plug the UPS to the mains - and that will be all.

You wouldn't need anyone to turn it on or off for you.

Little things to consider:
1. Use UPS.
2. Don't use antivirus. Use a little lockdown software called "Shadow Defender" instead.
3. Use a branded PC (HP, Dell, Lenovo) for longevity and make good sure it has a feature in the BIOS called "Wake on LAN"
This little feature will come in handy as you can ask it to boot the computer every day at say, 7 am automatically.

This option is cheaper, more durable than a tablet but more importantly, scalable - you can add other eBay accounts to it in the future, but you can't do that on a tablet.

If you think this might do well for your needs, you can ask a local PC tech to help you source the computer.

You can then send me a PM, and I'll be happy to send you a more detailed step by step guide to help your tech guy bring it to life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (02-27-2020)
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I wouldn't know for sure, but linking accounts is a possibility. I know eBay don't talk much but did the suspension message give you a hint?

A reseller used to make several purchases from one of my stealth account on a daily basis and there weren't any problems to his or my account.

We moved him to another payment method to save fees and to stay below the VAT threshold.
on 22nd my account got restricted first time and I received following email:-

eBay account restriction

Hello ----------------,

We regularly review accounts to keep eBay a safe and fair marketplace for our members. As part of our security checks, we sometimes require a seller to contact us so that we can verify their information.

To verify your account, please contact us by clicking on the link below (you may be asked to sign in):
http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?query=2email1505

While we're waiting on your response, we've temporarily placed a selling hold on your account. This hold will prevent you from listing new items. Also, if you had any active listings, we've removed them, and placed them in your Unsold folder. We credited any associated fees to your account.

Once we verify your account information, you'll be able to start selling again right away. You'll also be able to relist items from your Unsold folder by clicking Relist to the right of the listing.

Thank you for helping us to keep eBay a safe and fair marketplace. We appreciate your help in verifying your account as quickly as possible.

--------------------------------

Then I contacted them on chat and they asked why my paypal email ID is different from my ebay email ID and I said both belong to me and they re-instaded the account same day like in 2 hours

On 26th they suspended my account permanently and sent following email

Your eBay account has been suspended

Your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

Regards,

eBay Customer Service

----------------------------------------
In the first time restriction they asked me to verify my information and 2nd time they said I am a potential risk
May be I was going too fast as I requested them to increase my selling limits yesterday and they refused and after 5-6 hours account got suspended :(

Last edited by Mr.Sanetor; 02-27-2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

It is possible that there was a link.
You may try to recover this account by calling in instead. Nothing to lose now.

By the way, how did you manage to end up with different emails for the same account?

Did you have any of these paired with another account at any time?
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You need to edit the above text.......
For you tinsoldier

On 22nd my account got restricted first time and I received following email:-

''We regularly review accounts to keep eBay a safe and fair marketplace for our members. As part of our security checks, we sometimes require a seller to contact us so that we can verify their information
Once we verify your account information, you'll be able to start selling again right away. You'll also be able to relist items from your Unsold folder by clicking Relist to the right of the listing.''

Same day I contacted eBay on chat, they asked some questions and reinstated my account in couple of hours

On 26th they suspended my account permanently and sent following email

Your eBay account has been suspended
Hello ,
Your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.
You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.
Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.
Regards,
eBay Customer Service

----------------------------------------

In the first time restriction, they asked me to verify my information and 2nd time they said I am a potential risk
May be I was going too fast as I requested them to increase my selling limits yesterday and they refused and after 5-6 hours account got suspended :(
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It is possible that there was a link.
You may try to recover this account by calling in instead. Nothing to lose now.

By the way, how did you manage to end up with different emails for the same account?

Did you have any of these paired with another account at any time?
Basically first I created another ebay account 3 months ago which is still up and running.
Then I created this 2nd account to expand things (which got suspended) and used same paypal for both ebay accounts.
1st one is still running, 2nd one got suspended

Here is the illustration:-

james@gmail.com for ebay account 1 = james@gmail.com for paypal account 1
John@gmail.com for ebay account 2 = james@gmail.com for paypal account 1
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Mismatched email addresses, quick selling, asking for limit increase....combine those and you've got yourself a suspension even without any form of linking.

EDIT: just seen your above post, personally I never share ANY info between stealth accounts.
These are legitimate accounts not stealths and that hurts the most :(
Old 02-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Basically first I created another ebay account 3 months ago which is still up and running.
Then I created this 2nd account to expand things (which got suspended) and used same paypal for both ebay accounts.
1st one is still running, 2nd one got suspended

Here is the illustration:-

james@gmail.com for ebay account 1 = james@gmail.com for paypal account 1
John@gmail.com for ebay account 2 = james@gmail.com for paypal account 1
Nothing wrong with pairing two legitimate eBay accounts to one PayPal.
I'm currently running the same setup on my main account with eBay's permission, of course.

Just know that eBay forbids selling the same items on both accounts.

The account details should be the same except you have registered a different business for account 2.

This sort of setup is usually allowed to sell something for a different niche or to keep buying and selling separately.

I'm leaning toward the notion that you may have unwittingly done something untoward and eBay has suspended you for that.

They may have thought you were trying to circumvent their selling limits, especially when you asked for a limit increase.

Also, did you explicitly made them aware you had another account? That should have been the core of your message when in your correspondence with eBay.

As it stands, you can expect the other account to go down.
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I'm currently running the same setup on my main account with eBay's permission, of course.

The account details should be the same except you have registered a different business for account 2.

This sort of setup is usually allowed to sell something for a different niche or to keep buying and selling separately.

I'm leaning toward the notion that you may have unwittingly done something untoward and eBay has suspended you for that.

They may have thought you were trying to circumvent their selling limits, especially when you asked for a limit increase.

Also, did you explicitly made them aware you had another account? That should have been the core of your message when in your correspondence with eBay.

On the first contact over eBay chat they said their decision is final.
Shall I contact them again over the phone and try to explain to them ?
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:

No I didn't not mention the other account.
And what can be done to safe the other account.
Should I slow the activity on that account ? How to keep it under eBay's radar ?
Old 02-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:

No I didn't not mention the other account.
And what can be done to safe the other account.
Should I slow the activity on that account ? How to keep it under eBay's radar ?