PayPal - Quick security check - Receive a text - BUT Mobile number does not exist!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default PayPal - Quick security check - Receive a text - BUT Mobile number does not exist!!

Today made several payments for postage on Ebay for postage labels when all of a sudden paypal came up with the following message

'PayPal - Quick security check - Receive a text'
By continuing, you confirm that you're authorised to use this phone number and agree to receive text messages to confirm your identity in this session. Mobile network fees may apply.

The mobile number on file no longer exists on the stealth paypal which is about 8 years old, never had any problems before. I did not update the number so its ended up sending a text message to and when I click on 'confirm in a different way' it just back to send text message to the number that no longer exists when I originally got the pp stealth

Did printing so many postage labels and logging back into paypal for each label trigger this?

What can I do now?

Everytime I try logging into paypal it comes up with above, so how do I update the mobile number?

When you select confirm in another way - does it come up with pop of screen?

Please help I've sold items and can't print postage labels for the remaining items and can't get full access to paypal because of the above

Last edited by lucy; 04-14-2020 at 07:06 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-14-2020

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: PayPal - Quick security check - Receive a text - BUT Mobile number does not exis

If you get it on logging and you don't reach the dashboard. I hope you can still recover password ( mean you still have data needed to do that )...so if you have data needed recover password change that and QSC will go away from login
This is a 100% working trick
Old 04-14-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: PayPal - Quick security check - Receive a text - BUT Mobile number does not exis

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by data?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
If you get it on logging and you don't reach the dashboard. I hope you can still recover password ( mean you still have data needed to do that )...so if you have data needed recover password change that and QSC will go away from login
This is a 100% working trick
Old 04-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Change the number

Activate 2SA on the new number

Wait 72 hours

Try again
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
lucy (04-14-2020)
Old 04-14-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
Sorry I don't understand what you mean by data?
Recover password need to have at least email access and/or phone number and /or credit card number

Try to recover password and you will discover yourself...there is no other quickly solution other than this..
Old 04-14-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Update!!

tinsoldier, i've managed to get into paypal via ebay when you go to items sold and then click on view paypal payment for that item. I've updated the phone number to a working number that I have, so paypal is now updated

I've managed to print the remaining labels on ebay now

BUT

I go through to paypal direct to paypal.com it goes to the verification screen again to send the text message

Why is happening like this, never been like this before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Take them to the Post office and pay cash because if you can't get into your paypal account, add another mobile number and remove the 'hold' you ain't sorting this issue out in a hurry. Restrictions are taking ages to sort out apparently.
Old 04-14-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

JamesNorth101, managed to get into paypal via ebay sold items and view the paypal payment, so phone number now changed and removed the non existing number from paypal

2SA is that everytime you login you get a text message? I could not see that option when I added the number or I might have missed it

O.k so now I change the number on ebay to match paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Change the number

Activate 2SA on the new number

Wait 72 hours

Try again
Old 04-14-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
Update!!

tinsoldier, i've managed to get into paypal via ebay when you go to items sold and then click on view paypal payment for that item. I've updated the phone number to a working number that I have, so paypal is now updated

I've managed to print the remaining labels on ebay now

BUT

I go through to paypal direct to paypal.com it goes to the verification screen again to send the text message

Why is happening like this, never been like this before?
You have to follow what i suggested, at this point you already in the paypal account since hours..