Help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-11-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Help!

Hello everyone,

I know there are other threads relating to this but they seem to have gone off topic and I really need some help to get my business back up and running on Ebay.

I am finding it really tricky to register a new account and get up and running on Ebay and wondered what I am doing wrong!

I have been selling on Ebay for nearly 20 years and was first suspended in 2004 and have been creating my own version of stealth accounts ever since, I only create 1 account at a time, run it until it dies for some reason, sometimes I get a year or two but usually 6-9 months before it goes down.

This is how I do it:

Huawei MiFi on 3 mobile broadband to connect
New user account on Windows 10
Opera browser, webgl disabled.
New email usually Tutanota or Outlook
Register with Ebay using stealth name and real address not far from home
Random PAYG sim card, activated and ready to get the verification text.
Register with Paypal using same details and attach a Natwest or Lloyds saver which I then verify.
Wait a few days, go back to Ebay and try to list an item (usually a fairly cheap but half decent branded item of clothing)
Use the now verified Paypal to agree to pay Ebay fees.

That has always worked but recently every time I list, it appears to go live but the listing never shows up in search results and about 20-24 hours later I get an email saying the account is suspended as account activity has raised serious concerns etc.. 3 times now this happened - the last account gave me an instant £10k 500 items limit but then went down 24 hours later!

What has changed or what am I doing wrong? Any advice would be great..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-12-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: Help!

I am not an expert in these matters, but you mentioned you list a branded item of clothing....is it the branded item ? Is it worth listing something generic like an old book at a price, that no one will pay, just to see if it stays live.