PayPal - A temporary limitation has been placed on your account - need help to remove - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-09-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default PayPal - A temporary limitation has been placed on your account - need help to remove

Logged in today on paypal met with this message -

A temporary limitation has been placed on your account

We need you to take action on your account. Access to some features in your account will be limited until you've completed the required tasks and provided the information we've requested. We'll remove the limitation after we've reviewed the information you provide.
Reference ID: xyz

To use all of PayPal's features, please confirm your identity
Providing this information helps us keep the PayPal community safer as well as comply with government regulations.

You’ll need to confirm or provide your identity
Usually, we can confirm everything instantly.
Sometimes, you'll be asked to provide additional information

It let me send money out of paypal so only a few £ left in majority of funds sent out.

I need help with docs and id if anyone can help get this limitation removed

I did manage to confirm the address part of the request by inputting the address as per the addreess for paypal, now its asking for docs and id etc

1. Since the stealth ebay/pp is over 5 years old and people tend to move address can I change the address on both the ebay/pp and send the new updated address when sending in docs for ppal to remove the limitaton?

What can trigger a limitation like this?

Last edited by lucy; 06-09-2020 at 02:48 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-09-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%
Default Re: PayPal - A temporary limitation has been placed on your account - need help to re

There are sellers in the marketplace that can help with docs. Have a look there and open some dialogue with them about your requirements.
The Following User Says Thank You to LOMBOK For This Useful Post:
lucy (06-09-2020)
Old 06-09-2020

Longevity: 34%
Default Re: PayPal - A temporary limitation has been placed on your account - need help to re

Better remove limitation ID from your post
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusek For This Useful Post:
lucy (06-09-2020)
Old 06-09-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Mods please can you remove ppal limit is it was posted in error
Old 06-09-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
You can edit your own posts by clicking the 'edit' button.
Thanks I didn’t realise I’d posted the ppal limit I’d

What causes this temp limit and asking for docs etc, is it the amount of funds received, its a stealth account and docs never before sent in over 5 years but now suddenly limited

Last edited by lucy; 06-09-2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-21-2021

Longevity: 69%

ive got this now on a real account - did u ever resolve it? i sent real docs obviously
Old 02-02-2021

Longevity: 25%

Got this on 2 accounts but only after Brexit on December 31st, prior to that they were asking for docs as both had passed the £1800 receiving mark but not the 2,500 euro limit. Both still allowing sending/receiving of payments and money, and withdrawal to bank. The only problem is if this turns into a hard/permanent limitation, so does anyone have any experience of this? I suspect filling out the form will trigger a robotic request for docs followed by limitation, but there appears to be no time limit to submit them.
NB! The text says "to make ppal a safer place etc" and THEN says "to comply with local Govt regulations". Surely ppal would have used this as the main lever if they were going to insist on docs being supplied? Hopefully this is just the same as a request for docs pre Brexit, in which case nothing happens. Do we still have a receiving limit now that we have divorced our european cousins ?