eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   What's the easiest/best UK bank account to get? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/142645-whats-easiest-best-uk-bank-account-get.html)

starengine 03-23-2021 06:27 PM

What's the easiest/best UK bank account to get?

Which are the easiest to get?
Giving ID and everything is OK.
Would prefer an account where you DIDN'T have to give a mug shot on mobile.

I'm guessing otherwise you have to go into a branch to open an account?

Thanks.

Proud_Toes16 03-24-2021 02:03 AM

Re: What's the easiest/best UK bank account to get?

I found Revoult was pretty easy and straight forward to set up on a mobile device.
It DID ask for a mug shot along with a photo of an ID, this is to verify it's you and you have ID proving you live at the address given.
Another thing to note is every time you log in on a new device you WILL need to provide another mug shot.
If someone has set up the bank account for you and you then want to access the account from your device, you'll need that mugshot again, so I cast a selfie I had provided by them on my TV and used that and it worked.
So I now have sole access to the bank account they set up for me in their name!

rsot 03-24-2021 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proud_Toes16 (Post 1146821)
...so I cast a selfie I had provided by them on my TV and used that and it worked.

Hah nice work

starengine 04-09-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proud_Toes16 (Post 1146821)
I found Revoult was pretty easy and straight forward to set up on a mobile device.
It DID ask for a mug shot along with a photo of an ID, this is to verify it's you and you have ID proving you live at the address given.
Another thing to note is every time you log in on a new device you WILL need to provide another mug shot.
If someone has set up the bank account for you and you then want to access the account from your device, you'll need that mugshot again, so I cast a selfie I had provided by them on my TV and used that and it worked.

I really can't believe that worked!

Proud_Toes16 04-10-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starengine (Post 1148760)
I really can't believe that worked!

It has worked for 2 of my friends now. I think its 50% luck, 50% lighting - you need a dark room not to have light glare on the TV screen.

With Revoult it even says "Don't worry about how you look, our bot's won't judge" so they're not even verifying the pictures with people, its robots.

Some will say thats easier to get past, some people might disagree.

I personally think it's easier to fool a robot to a person!

mindsource21 04-10-2021 03:50 PM

Most high street bank will ask you to verify your identity f2f at branch. You can get online bank accounts which are linked to 3rd party vendors. There are a lot of options.

lally6677 04-11-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proud_Toes16 (Post 1148838)
It has worked for 2 of my friends now. I think its 50% luck, 50% lighting - you need a dark room not to have light glare on the TV screen.

With Revoult it even says "Don't worry about how you look, our bot's won't judge" so they're not even verifying the pictures with people, its robots.

Some will say thats easier to get past, some people might disagree.

I personally think it's easier to fool a robot to a person!

I tried this and wasn't working.

Most likely need to get the lighting right.

starengine 04-11-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindsource21 (Post 1148868)
Most high street bank will ask you to verify your identity f2f at branch. You can get online bank accounts which are linked to 3rd party vendors. There are a lot of options.

Tell us about some of the options. :)

mindsource21 04-11-2021 04:13 PM

Payoneer is one option. There are other vendors as well you can have access too

Proud_Toes16 04-20-2021 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lally6677 (Post 1148960)
I tried this and wasn't working.

Most likely need to get the lighting right.

TBH I think it was pot luck! Im not sure if I'd even be able to achieve it again...

I've now changed my work process - instead of having the friend set up the account on their phone and then you try log in on yours. I now pick up a cheap iPhone, say like an iPhone 5 or 6, (or Android whatever) something less than £30/40, to keep costs down...

Have the accomplice/friend open the app and set up the account on that device, then the account is connected to that phone.

So you would have multiple phones connected to their corresponding eBay accounts along with a pay as you go SIM cards with each number connected to each eBay account...