eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Ebay OSS VAT registration - is UK included in turnaround (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/144059-ebay-oss-vat-registration-uk-included-turnaround.html)

BusyBee 06-18-2021 02:59 AM

Ebay OSS VAT registration - is UK included in turnaround

Hi ladies and guys,

I hope you can help with this question. I am not forced to create a One stop shop VAT number (OSS) when my sales cross 10 K to other countries. Do you know if I am based in Ireland do my sales to the UK customers count too or only EU countries?

This is what I got from Ebay /

1. One Stop Shop (OSS)-Registration
OSS will be a key simplification to comply with the new EU-wide threshold of €10,000 for distance sales of goods within the EU which replaces existing thresholds. Sellers need to familiarise themselves with the impact on their business processes.
When this threshold has been exceeded, sellers immediately become liable to collect VAT in every EU country they ship to. This means you need to take immediate action to prepare your business.

From 1 July, sellers can either declare VAT through one single One-Stop Shop (OSS) registration or they declare VAT in each EU country they are liable for VAT.

eBay will ask sellers to confirm either all necessary local VAT IDs or the VAT ID used for OSS registration.

If sellers don’t provide this required information, sellers will be blocked from cross-border trade within the EU

I hope you can help.

BR,
Busy Bee

quest 06-18-2021 03:28 AM

Re: Ebay OSS VAT registration - is UK included in turnaround

Hi,

Counts only when you ship to other EU countries

But I'm not sure about counting method.

There is 2 possible optins:
1. they can count past 12 months sales to EU countries, that means you already reached 10K in past 12 months, you will be liable to register to OSS
2. Or they can start counting 10k from July 1

So if you sold something to EU coutries before, check the turnover.

BusyBee 06-18-2021 05:56 AM

Hi, thank you so much :-). Appreciate that you have taken the time to help me. Have a nice day.

BusyBee 06-18-2021 10:22 AM

For everyone interested in this topic. I went on a chat with ebay in this regards. They look at the past 12 month. You will get reminders if you have not provided the SSO VAT ID but you more o less need to have it ready by the 1st of July otherwise you will be blocked from selling to other EU countries. You can still sell to UK and outside of Europe though. No further selling restrictions they have mentioned.

Thanks all

nerukas 07-31-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusyBee (Post 1158745)
For everyone interested in this topic. I went on a chat with ebay in this regards. They look at the past 12 month. You will get reminders if you have not provided the SSO VAT ID but you more o less need to have it ready by the 1st of July otherwise you will be blocked from selling to other EU countries. You can still sell to UK and outside of Europe though. No further selling restrictions they have mentioned.

Thanks all

The same was when UK ebay started requiring vat numner. It was said that yea you can sell to other countries, only blocking UK. But in real life the acxounts were blocked totally without any possibility to sell to ANY country. So wonder how this will work jn real life, as there are no messages from users saying that they were blocked. But maybe its still too little time passed.