UK paypal - can you withdraw to a bank with mismatched names still? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-28-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 15%
Default UK paypal - can you withdraw to a bank with mismatched names still?

Hi, crossposting this from the general talk as it's more a UK-specific issue.

As some members here will know, a while back the UK brought in some new banking regulations about 'confirmation of payee'. Essentially when you send a bank transfer to another person now, the name has to match the name on their account, as well as the sort code/account number (previously you only needed sort code + account number).

Does this mean one can no longer withdraw money from a stealth paypal account to a bank account? For example, if my real name is John Smith, and my Paypal account is under the name Richard Jones. If I withdraw money from the 'Richard Jones' paypal to the bank account linked to it (i.e. John Smith's bank account), will the transfer go through, or not?

In the UK, we also have the ability to withdraw money to our debit cards. Would that potentially work (i.e. link 'John Smith's' debit card to 'Richard Jones' paypal, and use that to move money back and forth between Paypal and bank account?).

Will the bank have an issue if either John Smith's debit card or bank account is constantly getting transfers from 'Richard Jones'? Are there some UK banks more tolerant of this than others?

Finally - is it OK to link your debit card to paypal, and use that to pay for things through paypal (i.e. using a debit card with 'John Smith' on as a funding method for the paypal account with Richard Jones on?). I ask because I'm wary of leaving too many funds in paypal, so it's obviously better if one can just make payments directly from the bank card rather than having to keep money in a Paypal balance which is much easier for paypal to steal or otherwise hold for 180 days for spurious reasons.

Thanks in advance for any help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-29-2021

Longevity: 33%
Default Re: UK paypal - can you withdraw to a bank with mismatched names still?

Yes you can. Your bank may or may not question it at some point.
Old 07-30-2021
Threadstarter  

Thank you. I guess if the bank questions it just say you like to keep your business and personal life seperate and so don't want your real name showing to customers?
Old 07-31-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsmith2202 View Post
Thank you. I guess if the bank questions it just say you like to keep your business and personal life seperate and so don't want your real name showing to customers?
Which bank are you using?
Old 08-01-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Which bank are you using?
I have banks with nearly all the major providers, set up precisely for this purpose (i.e. if one bank gives me issues, it's no harm to switch to another).

I was going to try it with Barclays first.
Old 08-06-2021

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Hi, crossposting this from the general talk as it's more a UK-specific issue.

As some members here will know, a while back the UK brought in some new banking regulations about 'confirmation of payee'. Essentially when you send a bank transfer to another person now, the name has to match the name on their account, as well as the sort code/account number (previously you only needed sort code + account number).

Does this mean one can no longer withdraw money from a stealth paypal account to a bank account? For example, if my real name is John Smith, and my Paypal account is under the name Richard Jones. If I withdraw money from the 'Richard Jones' paypal to the bank account linked to it (i.e. John Smith's bank account), will the transfer go through, or not?

In the UK, we also have the ability to withdraw money to our debit cards. Would that potentially work (i.e. link 'John Smith's' debit card to 'Richard Jones' paypal, and use that to move money back and forth between Paypal and bank account?).

Will the bank have an issue if either John Smith's debit card or bank account is constantly getting transfers from 'Richard Jones'? Are there some UK banks more tolerant of this than others?

Finally - is it OK to link your debit card to paypal, and use that to pay for things through paypal (i.e. using a debit card with 'John Smith' on as a funding method for the paypal account with Richard Jones on?). I ask because I'm wary of leaving too many funds in paypal, so it's obviously better if one can just make payments directly from the bank card rather than having to keep money in a Paypal balance which is much easier for paypal to steal or otherwise hold for 180 days for spurious reasons.

Thanks in advance for any help.
I managed to draw 900 into my bank yesterday ..PP has changed the way you add a bank now now there is a drop down list with a list of banks you pick one then log into your bank account ..I did this plus i then added the bank the old way wen they add a small amount of money then wen i did that it said bank confirmed
Old 08-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I have banks with nearly all the major providers, set up precisely for this purpose (i.e. if one bank gives me issues, it's no harm to switch to another).

I was going to try it with Barclays first.
Alright - lot of posts do exist with experience with Barclays
Old 08-06-2021

Longevity: 45%

I dont think hes talking about individual banks ..Hes talking about the new way PP verifie your bank now you have to log into your bank while on the PP site ..Some one said they can see your name when you do that ..But i managed to draw 900 into my bank after 3 days