So managed payments hasn't affected the chinese sellers on Ebay UK at all - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-19-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default So managed payments hasn't affected the chinese sellers on Ebay UK at all

I was hoping MP would affect them and make them go back to being suppliers instead of taking the customers business/market. But they still continue to sell at wholesale prices that native uk sellers cannot compete with, but just this time they're using chinese accounts.
Impossible to find items on alibaba to sell on ebay in 2021, the chinese sell at wholesale and have fast shipping. You simply cannot compete because they are greedy people who decided that they should take over the UK market instead of sticking to being suppliers like they originally were. Chinese accounts should not be allowed to sell on the UK website, or atleast it should be made very clear it's a chinese seller you're buying from.

Right now, 99% of buyers don't know because the item location is listed as UK and they put the UK flag on their pictures. I wonder how you fellow brits are so successful, you must have captured a niche market years ago before the chinese completely destroyed any hope for newer british sellers to be profitable. And no i'm not lazy i have literally been researching for profitable products this entire year but they're all already being sold for wholesale by the chinese. Is it even possible for new sellers to be profitable in the current UK market dominated by the chinese?

When you search for an item, the front page should be 90% uk sellers/accounts, not chinese accounts. The only way to make it fair is to have uk sellers and by this i mean uk accounts since the chinese can't operate 50 different stealth uk accounts like they used to and are now for the most part forced to use china accounts, and so you have uk accounts on the front page which is their right since they reside in the country. Then the following pages can be chinese or whatever other foreign sellers that are selling for peanuts.

Last edited by vmdetection; 08-19-2021 at 02:25 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%
Default Re: So managed payments hasn't affected the chinese sellers on Ebay UK at all

If your business model is to buy from China and sell in the UK then, IMO, that's a business model that no longer works. It's no good complaining because they want the profit instead of you.

You need to think differently. I buy from China but I go for 'added value' in that I buy for £1.32 add something else that costs £3.90, add something else that costs £3.20 and sell the finished article for £39.99 - think laterally - you cannot compete with the Chinese but you can use them

It doesn't matter how unfair you perceive it to be - it's called business - and you have to suck it up I'm afraid and find a new way to do business

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (09-20-2021), sureness (08-20-2021)
Old 08-19-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: So managed payments hasn't affected the chinese sellers on Ebay UK at all

China is not an insignificant country either , what happens if the UK starts limiting chinese sellers in favour of UK sellers and the Chinese start destroying UK businesses selling in their country?
Old 08-19-2021

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdetection View Post
I was hoping MP would affect them and make them go back to being suppliers instead of taking the customers business/market. But they still continue to sell at wholesale prices that native uk sellers cannot compete with, but just this time they're using chinese accounts.
Impossible to find items on alibaba to sell on ebay in 2021, the chinese sell at wholesale and have fast shipping. You simply cannot compete because they are greedy people who decided that they should take over the UK market instead of sticking to being suppliers like they originally were. Chinese accounts should not be allowed to sell on the UK website, or atleast it should be made very clear it's a chinese seller you're buying from.

Right now, 99% of buyers don't know because the item location is listed as UK and they put the UK flag on their pictures. I wonder how you fellow brits are so successful, you must have captured a niche market years ago before the chinese completely destroyed any hope for newer british sellers to be profitable. And no i'm not lazy i have literally been researching for profitable products this entire year but they're all already being sold for wholesale by the chinese. Is it even possible for new sellers to be profitable in the current UK market dominated by the chinese?

When you search for an item, the front page should be 90% uk sellers/accounts, not chinese accounts. The only way to make it fair is to have uk sellers and by this i mean uk accounts since the chinese can't operate 50 different stealth uk accounts like they used to and are now for the most part forced to use china accounts, and so you have uk accounts on the front page which is their right since they reside in the country. Then the following pages can be chinese or whatever other foreign sellers that are selling for peanuts.
Your not buying containers then or getting the lowest price.Get a agent and stop buying off dhgate and alibaba.Your probably right if looking at dhgate alibaba prices and small order quantities.
Old 08-20-2021

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 83%

There are many have been put down since july.its true.
but you have to consider the uk local chinese seller whichs living in the UK. many of them also doing online trading and operating like china based sellers,they using same warehouse service and production chain. but since they are UKlocals they also be able to pass the verification and moving on.

You guys not talking about kicking all the chinese out from UK are you
but I agree the market really should be back to what it was.it is good for everybody.right now its selfish and rapacious.
The Following User Says Thank You to 997turbo For This Useful Post:
sureness (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021

Longevity: 18%
Send a message via Skype™ to ruskibeats

Meh - A lot of the UK Chinese sellers are fronted by a couple of blokes from the North East of England. I was up there about 10 months ago and they were doing around 300,000 fulfilments a month and they felt that was "slow"

Its a zero sum game buying from DHGate and Alibaba - its a lazy procurement method that is gamed in favour of the seller not the buyer. If you can't be bothered to lock down direct pricing or take a punt at sole distribution deals then you are ripe for plucking (and not just by the Chinese). Gone are the days of buying 200 torches and shipping them to a lockup or your bedroom. You've got to be buying 20000 and adding value and shipping for free and decent product shots and descriptions and and and and still charge rock bottom prices.........
Old 08-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureness View Post
NO, you're very wrong on this. These chinese sellers know where to buy ebay seller accounts they can use. They can literally do anything they wanted to dominate the market. It's business. It's either you quit, or go along with the ride. You choose.
Most of the sellers i see now are using older china based accounts and not uk stealth accounts.
Old 08-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskibeats View Post
Meh - A lot of the UK Chinese sellers are fronted by a couple of blokes from the North East of England. I was up there about 10 months ago and they were doing around 300,000 fulfilments a month and they felt that was "slow"

Its a zero sum game buying from DHGate and Alibaba - its a lazy procurement method that is gamed in favour of the seller not the buyer. If you can't be bothered to lock down direct pricing or take a punt at sole distribution deals then you are ripe for plucking (and not just by the Chinese). Gone are the days of buying 200 torches and shipping them to a lockup or your bedroom. You've got to be buying 20000 and adding value and shipping for free and decent product shots and descriptions and and and and still charge rock bottom prices.........
So in other words it's pointless. Alibaba is supposed to be close to wholesale prices, and even if you get factory prices from 1688/taobao, by the time you pay for the agent and shipping fees, it won't be worth it. What other procurement method do you suggest? this is the only way really to buy from the chinese without actually going to china and having a translator. Seems impossible to compete with these guys now.
Old 08-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997turbo View Post
There are many have been put down since july.its true.
but you have to consider the uk local chinese seller whichs living in the UK. many of them also doing online trading and operating like china based sellers,they using same warehouse service and production chain. but since they are UKlocals they also be able to pass the verification and moving on.

You guys not talking about kicking all the chinese out from UK are you
but I agree the market really should be back to what it was.it is good for everybody.right now its selfish and rapacious.
Before a lot of them were using uk stealth accounts and it was obvious but now they're using china accounts, this is all easily fixed if Ebay would show UK seller accounts on the first page of the search results instead of chinese accounts or should i say the cheapest priced ones regardless of country which is wrong. Most of the chinese sellers don't live here, they have warehouse services or use local people here to do the distribution. The chinese should stick to being suppliers and not ruining the UK market for native british sellers like they have done for the past 10 years. It's disgusting and they are greedy shameless people.
Old 08-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christianm View Post
Your not buying containers then or getting the lowest price.Get a agent and stop buying off dhgate and alibaba.Your probably right if looking at dhgate alibaba prices and small order quantities.
I am looking at the lowest prices, and yes i have seen factory prices on 1688/taobao and likely you can't get cheaper. But by the time you pay for the agent and other shipping fees, the price comes similar to alibaba which is worthless because that's what the chinese are selling at. The only solution i can see is if you can somehow get an agent to go to the factory and negotiate a much cheaper price if you buy a certain bulk quantity but that's unlikely.
Old 08-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
China is not an insignificant country either , what happens if the UK starts limiting chinese sellers in favour of UK sellers and the Chinese start destroying UK businesses selling in their country?
When you search for an item on ebay UK, you should see UK native sellers. Not chinese sellers who are selling for peanuts. The first page atleast should be full of UK sellers who get a fair chance to sell at a profitable price. But ebays search system is stupid and just lists sponsored and then the cheapest priced listings which is obviously chinese. But what's even worse is that they're masquerading as uk sellers even though they clearly aren't. They set item location to UK and put uk flag and then you scroll down to their business information and it's chinese. The average buyer isn't going to scroll down that far and have no clue they are buying from a chinese buyer. It's a sham and should be stopped. What more is left to destroy? they've already completely priced out 99% of uk sellers by undercutting them so much. Chinese should stick to selling in their own country or being suppliers to western countries, what they are currently doing is disgusting and complete disregard for the native UK sellers. Like i said, it's a simple fix, just make the first page of results for any item only UK accounts and that will fix 90% of the problems now because most of the chinese use china accounts now since MP has been forced.
The Following User Says Thank You to vmdetection For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (08-25-2021)
Old 08-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
If your business model is to buy from China and sell in the UK then, IMO, that's a business model that no longer works. It's no good complaining because they want the profit instead of you.

You need to think differently. I buy from China but I go for 'added value' in that I buy for £1.32 add something else that costs £3.90, add something else that costs £3.20 and sell the finished article for £39.99 - think laterally - you cannot compete with the Chinese but you can use them

It doesn't matter how unfair you perceive it to be - it's called business - and you have to suck it up I'm afraid and find a new way to do business

Yes i have to agree it's dead. You simply can't compete with their prices. Your way of doing business is complex and i don't really understand how you can just add 4 different things and sell it. I understand it's business but it's predatory way of doing business as they are completely removing the market for native sellers.
Old 08-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Yes i have to agree it's dead. You simply can't compete with their prices. Your way of doing business is complex and i don't really understand how you can just add 4 different things and sell it. I understand it's business but it's predatory way of doing business as they are completely removing the market for native sellers.
I am wondering why you feel a guy running a factory or warehouse in China would have any interest in 'being fair' to sellers in the UK?

Surely that is naivity off the scale?

They owe us nothing and if all 'native sellers' go out of business the Chinese sellers will not shed a single tear

It's called real life

The Following User Says Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
sureness (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
I am looking at the lowest prices, and yes i have seen factory prices on 1688/taobao and likely you can't get cheaper. But by the time you pay for the agent and other shipping fees, the price comes similar to alibaba which is worthless because that's what the chinese are selling at. The only solution i can see is if you can somehow get an agent to go to the factory and negotiate a much cheaper price if you buy a certain bulk quantity but that's unlikely.
you need to speak to a decent agent

Last edited by Christianm; 08-20-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-21-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureness View Post
Business is business. It's a do or die game.
The Chinese were used as cheap labour slaves by western countries for a long time. They did not want to have their own industry , they opened their borders in order to make profits from foreign labour. Of course there will be a price to pay...
Old 08-22-2021

Longevity: 33%

"They're greedy" lol you lost me at this point
Old 08-22-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfoltyn View Post
"They're greedy" lol you lost me at this point
Greed is good?
Old 09-20-2021

Longevity: 22%

Anyone have a reliable supplier for eBay Stealth accounts most of the stickys are old and prices have changed seems like they don't update it
Old 09-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by prezidnt View Post
Anyone have a reliable supplier for eBay Stealth accounts most of the stickys are old and prices have changed seems like they don't update it
Marketplace still has active sellers who have authorized account services that are up-to-date relatively speaking
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
prezidnt (09-23-2021)