eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Royal mail lost item signed for compensation - how do they pay it? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/147467-royal-mail-lost-item-signed-compensation-how-do-they-pay.html)

paulfoltyn 04-28-2022 05:06 AM

Royal mail lost item signed for compensation - how do they pay it?

I remember a few years ago attempting to make a claim for a lost item and they made it that complicated i got some stamps and gave up. This month they've lost 6 items all posted on the same day so i'm not happy with it and not letting it slide. I'll keep pushing through their process but how do they pay the compensation? I.e bank transfer, check, paypal? Being stealth(via paypal) in RM also cheques could be a problem. Anyone have recent experience of how they pay compensation?

Thanks in advance.

Mirdude 04-29-2022 07:04 PM

Re: Royal mail lost item signed for compensation - how do they pay it?

They pay via a cheque, you will need to submit proof after the duration of the claim time is over. If you have not insured etc you won't get a great deal of money. You will need to fill out the claim form:

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...-to-my-item%3F

oompaloompa 05-11-2022 03:02 PM

they pay by cheque, the RM claim can be submitted without revealing the stealth name. Use your real name.

Hank 05-11-2022 04:51 PM

If you only submit the basic online claim, you will then be greeted with further instructions if you want to claim compensation beyond the book of stamps.

Your reference number is: 200501-XXXXXX
You will need this number if you need to contact us.

What happens next?

Please wait for us to investigate your claim which we aim to complete within 30 days if not sooner. (90 days for international claims)
We will inform you by letter with payment (if successful)
Please do not contact us unless there is a change to the claim or you wish to cancel the claim.
Keep all original evidence as we may ask for this

Important information:

If you didn't upload evidence but wish to claim (excluding 'delay' claims)

You must print this page and attach it to your supporting evidence and send them to us.

You need to send us proof of posting AND proof of value:

Proof of posting e.g. Post Office receipt, Online Postage receipt stamped at the Post Office or copy of a Sales Order AND -
Proof of the item's value. This must show what it cost to acquire, purchase or manufacture the original item (or repair it, in the case of damage).

Additionally you must also provide:

For eBay claims - the eBay final sale page and PayPal or bank/credit card statement
For damage or where some of the contents were missing - photographs of the damaged item and packaging. Please keep the damaged item and packaging as we may ask for these.
Please address any evidence to:

Send inland claims to: Freepost ROYAL MAIL CUSTOMER SERVICES.
Send international claims to: Freepost ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL.

Please add your reference number which is detailed above with each piece of evidence you send us – this will speed things up.

It's important we receive this evidence within the next 10 working days. If not, we'll assume your item has been safely delivered and you no longer wish to pursue your claim. We won't then contact you again.

inasdnuiasndui 05-12-2022 04:26 PM

I would just call them

paulfoltyn 05-19-2022 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inasdnuiasndui (Post 1192144)
I would just call them

Have you tried calling RM? Best have at least an hour spare .. if they don't end the call before answering

rsot 05-20-2022 05:38 AM

CSR wait often long like that

Pandoras_box 05-20-2022 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulfoltyn (Post 1192615)
Have you tried calling RM? Best have at least an hour spare .. if they don't end the call before answering

The claims process is excessively procedural so we no longer bother. The cost is factored into our products these days.
I'm told some posties continue to deliver items even when their hand-held device is out of power.
I no longer have to wonder why a customer confirms delivery for a signed-for item with tracking that is forever stuck on: "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your..."
:lol: