eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Paypal Limited within 3 days of opening fresh account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/14816-paypal-limited-within-3-days-opening-fresh-account.html)

ilyas 11-18-2009 03:28 AM

Paypal Limited within 3 days of opening fresh account

Hey there guys. Well basically my friend wanted to set up a eBay account to sell her stuff. So she asked me to setup her PayPal account and eBay. At the moment i havent even created a eBay account but at first i just decideed to make the PayPal account. SO i put all her details. erified e-mail and added her bank account. Everything seemed to be going normal and Paypal confirmed the two deposits would be made and i would be required to wait. However 2 days later with no activity the account was limited and PayPal sent this message

Quote:

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the
PayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding
your account.

Our system detected an unusual use of funds from a bank account linked to
your PayPal account.

Reference Number: PP-**-**-**

We've limited access to your account temporarily .We'll review the
limitation once you respond with the information we've requested.
How is this even possible??!! the account was just created and had the bank account added. That is it! no other activity how could there be unusual funds when the bank account has not even been verified and not even active with the PP account yet?

hope u guys could help many thx

jbluntz 11-18-2009 03:45 AM

Were the names on the paypal and bank account the same? if so then it probably had to do with the bank you used if the names were differant because some banks don't allow that and they report it to paypal. The paypal name shows up on the 2 small deposits. If the names weren't different than I don't have a clue.

nemesis 11-20-2009 01:16 PM

What bank was it with? I've used a lot of banks and only had that problem with one.

ilyas 11-21-2009 04:16 AM

allience and leicester

jbluntz 11-21-2009 04:50 AM

You still didn't say if you used different names or not.

ilyas 11-21-2009 03:34 PM

why would the names be different? this was a legit paypal account i was setting up

jbluntz 11-21-2009 03:43 PM

That's what I was trying to figure out, normally the problem you had only happens when the name on the paypal account is different than the name on the bank account. In your case you implied they aren't so I do not know what the problem would be.

GreenBean 11-21-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilyas (Post 112315)
Hey there guys. Well basically my friend wanted to set up a eBay account to sell her stuff. So she asked me to setup her PayPal account and eBay. At the moment i havent even created a eBay account but at first i just decideed to make the PayPal account. SO i put all her details. erified e-mail and added her bank account. Everything seemed to be going normal and Paypal confirmed the two deposits would be made and i would be required to wait. However 2 days later with no activity the account was limited and PayPal sent this message
How is this even possible??!! the account was just created and had the bank account added. That is it! no other activity how could there be unusual funds when the bank account has not even been verified and not even active with the PP account yet?

hope u guys could help many thx

It's a generic message paypal send. What they say is not what has happened. Since you say in later posts, it's not stealth then supply the details. Other point is although you said A&L, was it the correct account, ie one that accepts the Direct Debit mandate or a saving account? :ranger:

dburnside 11-21-2009 07:46 PM

A&L is fine with different names anyway as i use them for both stealth and real paypals

Kickboxerfighter 11-24-2009 05:57 PM

Im planning to go live tomorrow. So I can use My misspelt name for pay pal with a diffrent DOB to my real name on my A&L account, will this be OK.

You guys seem to be like the ebay guru's.. help much appreciated.

captainjack1980 11-25-2009 06:46 AM

Yes you should be fine :)

Good Luck,

CaptainJack