eBay Uk - adding bank account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-31-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 9%
Default eBay Uk - adding bank account

Hi aspkin community,

I’ve noticed many veterans and gods of aspkin have mentioned that savings accounts are fine to use.

The bank (high street savings account) has said it does not accept direct debits.

In adding my bank (savings account) to eBay - it’s asking for details to set up a direct debit - will this still work even though the bank states that the savings account doesn’t accept direct debits?

Your help would be very much appreciated

I have studied the forums and feel I have a clearer understanding of how things work, so I thank everyone for their help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: eBay Uk - adding bank account

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

In general, savings accounts for banks can still be set up for direct debits under a stealth name. Things to keep in mind are that there may be charges if more than 1-2 external debits are done per month from the savings account.

Which back are you dealing with? If you name it, you will likely get more detailed experiences posted
Old 08-31-2022

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by benX View Post
Hi aspkin community,

I’ve noticed many veterans and gods of aspkin have mentioned that savings accounts are fine to use.

The bank (high street savings account) has said it does not accept direct debits.

In adding my bank (savings account) to eBay - it’s asking for details to set up a direct debit - will this still work even though the bank states that the savings account doesn’t accept direct debits?

Your help would be very much appreciated

I have studied the forums and feel I have a clearer understanding of how things work, so I thank everyone for their help.
I would say you're good to go, set up a credit card as "preferred for selling costs". They first sink their teeth on any available funds, then they'll go to the item set for selling costs.

Hope this helps
Old 09-01-2022

Longevity: 26%

Sigh....ignore rsot, it's wholly wrong particularly as you've already told us your savings account doesn't offer direct debit facilities.

Go with the solution offered by flyingmac and add a credit card as your preferred method of paying refunds etc. Even better, only disburse your monies monthly and they'll automatically take it from that, neither the savings account or credit card will ever to approached. (unless you get a refund request immediately after disbursement. Unlikely I guess but possible).
Old 09-01-2022

Longevity: 13%

They just want you to add a debit card/credit card to eBay because the debits of the microdeposits were unsuccessful. Your bank is fine though. Just add debit/credit card for selling costs
Old 09-01-2022
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your help everyone.

Just to confirm, i didn’t link any bank accounts when I listed my first item and created my sellers account because I did not want to use trustly. I am wanting to add the savings account for where I will be receiving sold items monies into...

I contacted eBay for the link to able to be able to add my bank account (savings account).

They sent me a link which is asking me to add bank details, to set up up a direct debit. is this correct? To add account for receiving sale funds, I set up a direct debit?

I didn’t realise we still need a credit card to be able to sell. I thought that had gone, will a vcc be acceptable from local supermarket be acceptable?

Last edited by benX; 09-01-2022 at 03:50 AM.
Old 09-01-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by benX View Post
They sent me a link which is asking me to add bank details, to set up up a direct debit. is this correct? To add account for receiving sale funds, I set up a direct debit?

I didn’t realise we still need a credit card to be able to sell. I thought that had gone, will a vcc be acceptable from local supermarket be acceptable?
Follow the link and do as asked, when they try and recover the micro-deposits it will fail but you should get confirmation that the account can accept disbursements.

They will then ask for another method of payment to collect refunds etc. That's when you add a card to your account. Some pre-paid cards will work, some wont. Try one and see.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
DarkKnight17 (09-04-2022)
Old 09-01-2022
Threadstarter  

Thumbs up Re: eBay Uk - adding bank account

Thank you Hank!

Top man!
Old 09-04-2022

Longevity: 30%

Been away for a while. Are we saying stealth is back?
I purchased a few mp stealths on here from the top an since mp they were all either dead on receipt or toast straight after adding bank (all instructions followed)
Decided to give it a break after that an wait for the experts to figure it out. Took the stealth purchases on the chin as tired of going around in circles and wasting cards/acc
Old 11-30-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight17 View Post
Been away for a while. Are we saying stealth is back?
I purchased a few mp stealths on here from the top an since mp they were all either dead on receipt or toast straight after adding bank (all instructions followed)
Decided to give it a break after that an wait for the experts to figure it out. Took the stealth purchases on the chin as tired of going around in circles and wasting cards/acc
any account bought will die in few days without even listing something, as few flags will raise when u change phone number, new browser/pc (sellers won't even bother to give u cookies or sim card) and add bank account, but nobody will tell you that as they want to keep selling these accounts...

Last edited by Dorin; 11-30-2022 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-01-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin View Post
any account bought will die in few days without even listing something, as few flags will raise when u change phone number, new browser/pc (sellers won't even bother to give u cookies or sim card) and add bank account, but nobody will tell you that as they want to keep selling these accounts...
Not necessariy true - dying in a few days means some error has been done