eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Adding a bank card to a stealth Paypal account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/15007-adding-bank-card-stealth-paypal-account.html)

crazed_ebayer 11-30-2009 08:16 PM

Adding a bank card to a stealth Paypal account

I've just opened up a new paypal/ebay account with stealth details.

Having problems adding my bank card because my card is in my real address and my paypal account is in my stealth address , paypal cross reference info with bank so this is tricky.

in the past i have phoned my bank and changed my address just for this purpose but with this bank it is'nt this simple.

anyone have any suggestions on easier ways to do this ?

GreenBean 11-30-2009 08:48 PM

:faint: ffs. ?Don't use a bank card. Seems the obviously easiest way to me.

captainjack1980 12-01-2009 05:52 AM

entropay :)

CaptainJack

GreenBean 12-01-2009 05:57 AM

^^^great STEALTH choice :peace:

crazed_ebayer 12-03-2009 07:02 PM

well i was going to use my card as i have just baquired a new bank account and visa card , maybee i need to try entropay , but first i need to be sure of a few things
Will i be able to add my new bank account without paypal cross referncing info? , remember entrpay cards are useless without a bank account

captainjack1980 12-04-2009 01:35 AM

Paypal don't cross reference info with your bank because your bank don't share info with PayPal.....

Unless of course you try and add your bank debit card to PayPal in which case it will obviously be declined unless you change your bank info to match your stealth details....

This isn't the case with entropay... the transaction will be authorised whether your info matches or not.

CaptainJack.

NZT 12-06-2009 05:33 AM

Whats wrong with adding a Credit Card to Paypal? As long as this credit card is ONLY Used for Paypal?

I have always done this and it works ok. If you have any problems you can ALWAYS cancel the credit card and say either.

1) You lost it
2) You think someone has the details of it.

I have always used credit cards in Paypal and nver had any problem. Also the name and address details DO NOT have to match at all.

Any thought on this?

captainjack1980 12-06-2009 06:15 AM

Is that a joke? Are you suggesting you can add a credit card to paypal without entering the correct billing address?

I don't think so. I've tried it and it doesn't work... PayPal just advises you to enter the correct billing address for that card.

It is possible to overcome AVS but in my opinion it is better and safer to use the likes of entropay.

CaptainJack

captainjack1980 12-06-2009 06:31 AM

Dear,

We apologise for the problem you encountered while adding a credit card to your PayPal account. The instructions below have helped most of our customers who have encountered similar problems.

Why can't I add my credit card?

Your credit card ending in 1234 could not be added because we were unable to verify your credit card billing address. This is the address where you receive billing statements for this card.

One possible problem could be that you entered a different address to the one where you receive your bills for this card. If this is the case, the solution is as easy as entering the correct billing address.

If you continue to encounter difficulties entering your billing address, please go through the following set of troubleshooting questions:

Is your address spelled correctly?

PayPal verifies the billing address with your credit card provider. Please be sure that you have entered the address exactly as it is printed on your billing statements.

Have you moved recently?

If so, be sure that you are entering the exact address where you receive your billing statements for this card.

Is your home phone number accurate?

Check that the home phone number we have on file for you is correct.

Does your credit card issuer have more than one address on file for you?

If your bank has two addresses on file for you, be sure to enter the address your credit card issuer considers your primary address. This address may be different from the address where you receive your statements.

Is this a new credit card?

If so, be sure you have activated your card with your credit card provider before trying to add it to your account.

How do I fix this problem?

1. Go to Welcome - PayPal.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Go to the 'Profile' subtab of the 'My Account' tab and select the 'Credit Card' link in the Financial Information menu.
4. Enter your credit card information.
5. Enter the address where you receive billing statements for this card.
6. Click the 'Add Credit Card' button.

Please note: the billing address field will be automatically set to your primary postal address. If you DO NOT receive credit card bills at this address, click the 'Enter New Billing Address' field, and enter the exact address where you receive billing statements for this card. (You may want to refer to your last credit card statement, and follow any abbreviations or spacing used in the printing of your address).

After following the steps above, if you still receive an error about your billing address the website will automatically request that you proceed through an alternative card verification process the third time you try to add your card.
Why does PayPal verify my credit card billing address?

In order to protect our customers, PayPal is constantly working to ensure the integrity of our payment network and to eliminate the threat of fraud. Verifying credit card billing addresses is just one of the stringent checks we make so that none of our members fall victim to fraud.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

crazed_ebayer 12-07-2009 10:16 PM

i need to add a bank account to my paypal in order to withdraw funds , what is the point in putting an entropay card on my paypal account when i still won't be able to withdraw my funds ??

captainjack1980 12-08-2009 03:26 AM

huh? then add one its not difficult..... surely you realise after 91 posts that paypal aren't able to cross reference your name and address details with your bank.

Your question was about adding a card! You never mentioned a bank account.

CaptainJack