Massive problems - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Massive problems

I started selling with this stealth account since November. It's not my main account. It's just a new account.

It has been running very well until the mid of December. I started having a problem because of the orders that were made during 17th Dec - New year.
I shipped all orders, that were made on 17th Dec-21th, on 21st Dec. Most of them arrived before x'mas. Others 40 parcels didn't. Unfortunately, the courier did not really work (full time) between x'mas and New year. Only about 5-6 customers let me know they received the item on 28th-29th Dec. Even worst when the weather was severe last week, the delivery is then even slower. This week they are receiving their parcels day by day. However, there are about 17 negative feedbacks left to me within a week and 9 neutrals due to slow delivery. I have revised about 3 of them and used up all allowance (including 2 negative I revised last 2 month). So I cannot revise anymore negative feedbacks. I think there might be more of negative.

It seems that after first person left negative with "slow delivery.wait nearly a month", then others left the same.

I think it is too much for me. Too many negatives which is not really good to customer's eyes. I also got a fee of about £1000 which is not yet paid.

So I just wanna ask for your opinion if I should run away and dumb this account without paying fee? I am thinking to close bank account, close paypal account(not sure if I can) and run.

Is it ok if I run? Will paypal&ebay contact my bank? Everything is stealth but the sort code and account number is real one. So they will be able to track it if my bank gives them my details.

Should I run or should I continue selling on this account to build up more positive feedbacks? Give me some idea please.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I would always have a backup account handy. This decision will have to based on previous months sales, and you have to decide if your forecasted sales will be worth it to stay, or start over. Keep in mind, your ebay fees can usually go 59 days without payment.....

To answer your question, I wouldn't run. I'd hop skip and jump
The Following User Says Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
bode (01-14-2010)
Old 01-14-2010

Longevity: 85%

Hi Adam, it depends on several factors:

Have you had any paypal disputes? If any have did you settle them before they were escalated to a claim?

What have your DSRs dropped to?

How many 1 & 2 star ratings have you been hit with?

Scrutinise your seller dashboard. If you have dropped well below the Ebay min requirements for sellers then it may be worth considering moving on! Especially if you are going to be hit with more negs.

If however you are still above the minimum levels I would be doing everything I can to save the account. Contact anyone who hasn't left you feedback yet, deal with any issues fast, give partial refunds to those hardest hit by delays etc. etc. And knock out some cheap, fast selling lines quick - preferably BINs and send same or next day.

Hold off on paying those fees though!!

CaptainJack
Old 01-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys for the reply. Here is the update.

Item as described 4.9
Communication 4.7
Dispatch time 4.2 (down from 4.6 within short time. I remember it was 4.6,4.7 around x'mas time) I guess all customers left 1 for this recently
Postage and packaging charges 4.9

I don't know how many 1&2 Star ratings have been left. How can I check?

The previous month sale was really good. I made around £2000 in the first month which I consider it "very good". So I won't feel sorry if I dumb this account because I can create another account and the sale should about the same. I am not worried. I can start over again with my new second, third account. I now only have 2 accounts which are the main one and this one.

I had a few paypal disputes before but I resolved all of them already. Now I do not have any open dispute.

I also have emailed all customers about delivery which is taking so much time because there are too many. Let's see if they will be happy with it.

Do you know if I close my bank account, will paypal find out my real details from my bank?
Old 01-14-2010

Did you ever even get any limitations on that account? If not, that account is blessed and you should continue to sell on it.
Old 01-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Got limitation before just a few weeks after start selling. but sent all documents and they lifted limitation just a few days later.

what is Ebay min requirements for sellers? Can you give me a link to that requirement please. Or I will try to search in ebay now.
Old 01-14-2010

just hit it and quit it...theres always room for more accounts...
as far as the bank giving out details that is illegal under the user privacy...
the only way that can happen is through a court order to release those detailed information...if they want to waist there money and time to go after 1500 dolalrs in fees...it probably wont happen because they have bigger fish to fry...
i heard people canned them for much more than this amount and nothing happened so far been over a year...
Old 01-14-2010

You are looking ok then apart from dispatch time!

You can find the % of 1 & 2 star ratings on your seller dashboard. This is the relevant Ebay help link:

About your Seller Dashboard

And no Ebay/PP can't get any info about you from your bank.

CaptainJack
Old 01-14-2010
Threadstarter  

I have checked it. It's now even worse than before although the number of negative is still the same

Dispatch time 4.09 7.36% (34)

and the number is in "RED". Is it considered risk? or already below minimum requirement?

I think I will dumb this account. Too many negative feedbacks with only 600+ feedback account does not look good to me.
Old 01-14-2010

Yes that is below mimimum - a suspension would be likely in the near future!

CaptainJack
Old 01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
Did you ever even get any limitations on that account? If not, that account is blessed and you should continue to sell on it.
hi do you mean the paypal account he has?
i have had 2 paypal accounts, 1 account for 5/6 years now and the other one 1/2 years, only one of them got limited but lifted those limits later on, the second one(5/6 year old one) is still working with my correct name, address details, but has links to suspended ebay accounts and recnetly have managed to get one of those, original ebay accounts reinstated but i do have more ebay accounts that is linked to that paypal and have forgotten the details of them ie userid. so i wont be using that account straightaway until i find out the other userids and apply for reinstatemnt on those, is the best way i think?

if i list an item on ebay and in the payment part where you type the paypal address just enter that paypal account WITHOUT actually linking them together on ebay, do you think ebay will link them anyway? as i already have a verfied paypal account linked to this ebay account but payment is going to another paypal account(5/6 year old account)
Old 01-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
Yes that is below mimimum - a suspension would be likely in the near future!

CaptainJack
If they suspend my account, what do they need from me to reinstate the account? or they will suspend forever?
Old 01-14-2010

"Sellers who fall below the 4.3 standard will be able to improve their DSRs by improving their selling practices on future listings. Sellers who fall below 4.1 will not be given any advance warnings before being blocked from selling, but can try to improve their DSRs by improving selling practices and getting higher ratings on any existing or recently completed listings."

CaptainJack
Old 01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post

So I just wanna ask for your opinion if I should run away and dumb this account without paying fee? I am thinking to close bank account, close paypal account(not sure if I can) and run.

Is it ok if I run? Will paypal&ebay contact my bank? Everything is stealth but the sort code and account number is real one. So they will be able to track it if my bank gives them my details.

Should I run or should I continue selling on this account to build up more positive feedbacks? Give me some idea please.
Same thing here...I sell made to order items, dropped the price, added a "sale sticker" to the listing and went away for a long weekend in early November, came back to a month's worth of sales and didn't really catch up. Weather..late deliveries " I waited a month blah blah...neg neg neg etc.

Dump the account and start fresh. I had an account which got hit with low DSRs when I went on holiday. I changed over to a non stealth adjacent account and my sales were better than the main account! Zero feedback doesn't matter...good product, listings and price gets you sales.

Pay your fees unless you want Collection Agencies chasing you, hold off the 59 days as suggested (thanks for that info FE) until you regain your selling momentum.
Old 01-14-2010

Don't throw good money after bad!

If you don't plan on using the account again and it is registered with a stealth details, hopefully there won't be anything there for the agencies to chase.

CaptainJack
Old 01-17-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
Don't throw good money after bad!

If you don't plan on using the account again and it is registered with a stealth details, hopefully there won't be anything there for the agencies to chase.

CaptainJack
Even if the agencies chase it, don't let them bully you. I'll never pay for a service I'm not allowed to use!