eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Hit with DSR perfomance limit, for 2 negative and 1 open case, what the heck is going (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/18568-hit-dsr-perfomance-limit-2-negative-1-open-case-what-heck-going.html)

lucy 05-15-2010 01:51 AM

Hit with DSR perfomance limit, for 2 negative and 1 open case, what the heck is going

out of the blue hit with DSR perfomance limit, for 2 negative and 1 open case, what the heck is going:mad:

these were the only 2 negative fb in over 6 mnths and the 1 open case was because the buyer wanted a replacement, now they tell me i can hardly list anything at all on ebay

I've copied my feedback below

This member's 12 Month Feedback ratings
Positives: 192 Negatives: 4

This member's Positive Feedback percentage

192 + 4
= 98.0%

why has this happened to me?

this is the email i got -

MC011

Your account has fallen below our minimum seller performance standards. You're still able to list and sell items; however, your volume will be limited until your performance meets these standards.

This limit takes effect on 5/14/2010. Each week you can sell up to 50.00 % of what you historically listed with this account.

You may have up to 5 open listings, up to $80.00 open sales and up to $67.00 closed sales during each week.

Note*: If you exceed any one of the above thresholds (open listings, open sales, or closed sales), you will be unable to list for 7 days, when the limit will reset.

MC028

We're writing to let you know your account has fallen below eBay's minimum seller performance standards on eBay.co.uk.

One or more of the following factors have contributed to this change:
-- Low detailed seller ratings (1s and 2s)
-- Negative and neutral feedback
-- Cases filed for items not as described or items not received

so how can i get back to normal?

i have over 50 people waiting to leave me feedback, do you think that willl help remove this limits, its really messed up things for me

Vicvelcro 05-15-2010 01:57 AM

I'm beginning to suspect that ebay.co.uk is having glitches in something new they are doing. This could be a poorly implemented bot they just unleashed. Or a filtering anomaly on their end.

I may be very wrong, though.

GreenBean 05-15-2010 02:00 AM

Are both of you aware of the changes that ebay.co.uk made as of start of April?

It's no nasty-bot as far as I'm aware.:tears:

(I'll find the right quote)

Vicvelcro 05-15-2010 02:14 AM

If that's the thing about DSR, I've seen it. But I can never ever make sense of DSR. It's a crap thing, in my opinion. Since I'm all 5's, I just never bothered to delve deeper into it's meaning or significance.

If you are saying the problem OP is having may be related to new DSR policy, hey, you could very well be and probably are correct.

However, I've seen some other problems with ebay.co.uk that don't make sense. Taking the number of odd issues into account, I myself am truly thinking somebody over there has had too much gin and not enough tonic.

GreenBean 05-15-2010 02:32 AM

Trust me, this is the DSR. lucy likely has not found the policy changes yet

@lucy, read this. It explains the reasons:peace:
eBay UK - Seller News April 2010: Raising minimum performance standards for selling on eBay

Vicvelcro 05-15-2010 02:40 AM

Bad thing about that chart: Looking at it leads me to conclude that having more than 3% of my items being properly described is a no-no. Thus, >97% of my stuff must be listed erroneously if I want to stay out of trouble.

That's backward.

The rest of that chart and explanation are equally inane, to my eyes.

That's why DSR policy is something that I can't comprehend. They don't make themselves very clear...

lucy 05-15-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 138644)
Are both of you aware of the changes that ebay.co.uk made as of start of April?

It's no nasty-bot as far as I'm aware.:tears:

(I'll find the right quote)

i only had 4 negs in 12mnths.

so your saying its not a bot that does this, but a person at ebay?

they got this damn thing all wrong, i'm really angry

GreenBean 05-15-2010 08:25 AM

Gawd. Did you read the link?
Your account is not up to standard: standards set by ebay. ebay are getting nasty towards sellers like you. They want you to be top tier as a seller. What you've done in the past year does not meet their set standard.
You have to put your head down and see what you can do:peace:

oompaloompa 05-15-2010 08:34 AM

4 negs in a year is alot, unless you are literally selling several hundreds of items a year..

even if you give the best service possible due to random psychos, you may be unlucky but negs should amount to 1% or under

oge 05-15-2010 10:05 AM

In your ebay account summary can't you check your seller's dashboard? It's a very handy tool and I think it says you can't have no more then 3 negs in a year check it out and reprt back it has a bunch of other information as well.

lucy 05-15-2010 11:43 AM

i didnt realise 4 negs in a year is a lot, what about those sellers that a several every month, but sell in the hundreds

oge 05-15-2010 02:19 PM

It's because negatives is the last resort after trying to work it out and refunding the only other choice is a negative. I think I saw somewhere that 1 neg every 500 or 1000 is ok but if you look at the sellers dashboard then you can see for yourself what is acceptable and what isnt.

GreenBean 05-15-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucy (Post 138718)
i didnt realise 4 negs in a year is a lot, what about those sellers that a several every month, but sell in the hundreds

What about just concentrating on your own account? It's a percentage calculation. Ergo those sellers doing a higher volume of sales can have more neutrals or negatives. Just work to bring your own account up to standard. That 1st negative, you should have acted on at once...:peace:

Did you look at your seller dashboard yet?:peace:

lucy 05-16-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 138768)
What about just concentrating on your own account? It's a percentage calculation. Ergo those sellers doing a higher volume of sales can have more neutrals or negatives. Just work to bring your own account up to standard. That 1st negative, you should have acted on at once...:peace:

Did you look at your seller dashboard yet?:peace:

those 4 negs in the past year are from buyers who bought the item, then left me the neg on purpose, then they filed item not as described and asked for a refund, to me it looks like a competitor or friends of a competitor trying to ruin my ebay account

i was on 98.9% dsr, before the 4 negs!

i'm thinking of listing about 10 or 20 items at a loss today in order to get back some good feedback.

is there a way in auctivia where you can send out a reminder automatically to buyers to leave you positive feedback, got a bit of feedback which buyers have still to leave me

lucy 05-16-2010 12:03 PM

i tried listing 2 items today through auctivia and they didnt go through, said ebay has restricted my listings, so i emailed customer support, asking them whats happened and what i can do to return to normal listings, just waiting to hear back from them in next few days

Vicvelcro 05-18-2010 08:15 AM

lucy, any progress to report?

GreenBean 05-18-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucy (Post 138849)
i tried listing 2 items today through auctivia and they didnt go through, said ebay has restricted my listings, so i emailed customer support, asking them whats happened and what i can do to return to normal listings, just waiting to hear back from them in next few days

this is just fyi. there was an auctiva problem happening.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction...tml#post139037

Did you calculate your listings like instructed in the notice?:ranger:

lucy 05-18-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicvelcro (Post 139175)
lucy, any progress to report?

well, i sent a ebay message to the trust and safety dept and the next day i get a reply basically saying when the dsr improves or any oustanding cases are close then they will umlimit the selling..............etc

i will post a copy of the email in the next day or 2 for you

lucy 05-18-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 139184)
this is just fyi. there was an auctiva problem happening.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/auction...tml#post139037

Did you calculate your listings like instructed in the notice?:ranger:

i tried using auctivia to list 1 item, nothing happened it went through the item is listing sequence, got no email from ebay to show item had listed, nothing, its in scheduled listings

lucy 05-21-2010 05:18 PM

this is the latest so far from eba

"A 50% selling limit has been placed on your account. Once your limit is reached, you will not be able to list new items"

Dear Sir/Madam,

you can have 5 open listings, up to $80.00 open sales and up to $67.00 closed sales during each week, we review after 30 days and lift the limit if the DSR improve"

rafc 05-22-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 138685)
Gawd. Did you read the link?
Your account is not up to standard: standards set by ebay. ebay are getting nasty towards sellers like you. They want you to be top tier as a seller. What you've done in the past year does not meet their set standard.
You have to put your head down and see what you can do:peace:

I understand your point GreenBean, but as you know some buyers are just darn unreasonable. Like Lucy I have been hit with low DSRs and one or two negs here and there, then BOOM, my business is shut down and I have to rearrange my whole life because of it. If the buyers really knew what they were doing when they gave that feedback they wouldn't do it -- there is always going to be a small proportion of people, no matter how good your service, who want to pick at something and who delight in the prospect of ruining someone's livelihood with a click of their mouse.

lucy 05-22-2010 11:56 AM

this is the error i am getting when trying to list on auctivia

"We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. This selling limit is in no way meant to question your record with eBay or standing within the eBay community. To resolve this situation, please contact eBay's SafeHarbor Department using the Webform on the following help page."

i've emailed ebay but they keep sending me a generic email saying my account is limited to sell 50% and I have asked them to remove the limit and allow me to sell 50% but they are not doing it, so how on earth am i going to improve my dsrs!!!!!!:confused::confused: