eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Will I get linked in the future? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/18866-will-i-get-linked-future.html)

mng 05-25-2010 01:38 PM

Will I get linked in the future?

At present, neither of my eBay/Paypal accounts are suspended - everything is fine.

Anyway, earlier I opened a new eBay & Paypal account under a different variation of my name, with a different postal address, different email address, different phone number, and different computer/browser/Internet connection.

However, I was tired and then made a stupid mistake...

After I had made the accounts, I accidentally logged into the new Paypal (but not eBay) account using my first computer & internet connection.

After realizing what I had done, I closed the Paypal account from my 2nd computer.

Now, if I re-open the Paypal account and start selling on eBay and ever get banned in the future, would it also affect my first account?

I mean the 2 things connecting me are the same/similar name and that record of signing into both Paypal accounts from this computer.

oompaloompa 05-25-2010 03:13 PM

logged in to both accounts on same computer, was it on same ip though? even if it wasnt you probably didnt clear cookies anyway so thats a link as well...

btw, Ive made a similar mistake, and now 2 of my master accounts are linked, I should have known better, it was fairly recent and I was tired too (ok I was hung over)

most people come here once they are banned, you arent, so stay with us and you will keep your account clean hopefully....so no domino effect

mng 05-25-2010 03:58 PM

Yeah, through the same ip/didn't clear cookies.

Do you think if the new account got banned in the future it would take my main account down too? I guess that single login is all they need?

Yea I should have known better too, but being tired and not concentrating, I checked my email and saw the "confirm your email address " link, and stupidly I clicked it.

It's unlikey I would get banned as I'm not really doing anything wrong, but I wanted a completely seperate account away from my business one. You know, just in case.

oompaloompa 05-26-2010 03:38 AM

I cant say if it would definately go down along with a banned one.......if the accounts arent similar in what they sell, and you dont owe money on the banned one, it may be they would leave you alone on the second one...