eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Trying To SetUp New Seller Account............ (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/19710-trying-setup-new-seller-account.html)

itsme 06-22-2010 10:34 AM

Trying To SetUp New Seller Account............

Hello everyone

My first post here so hellooooooo :yar:

OK I have had many an ebay and paypal account over the years but for my own sanoty have just had about a 12month break from the regime called Ebay.

I set up a buyer account oh about 2 months ago now and want to sell my car, I like selling my old cars on Ebay as they seem to attract a much wider audience localy than adtrader etc, so last night I set about listing it typed in all the details auction description etc then got to the stage where I had to choose payment methods for fees etc, in the past I have always just done direct debit with no problems this time though it wanted me to add a credit card on file, at the moment I dont have a card that ebay or paypal have not had lol apart from a prepaid splash plastic maestro card which they will not accept.

Tried the paypal option did the phone verification but again would not accept the prepaid card, so for the first time in ages they have me stumped :mad:

Been reading about the entropay virtual visa if I get one of these will it verify ok? with ebay and paypal? it is the only thing I am sohort of at the moment to get the dam car listed and off my drive!!!!!!

Also was reading somewhere that from April this year they are now doing the 21 day hold on ALL seller accounts younger than 90 days is this correct? Is it across all categories in ebay or just the high risk ones?

I used to love ebay still do to a certain extent but cannot stand them as a company and paypal well I could waffle on forever about these cowboys I have got the better of them with the instant transfer though on a few occassions :bounce:

Anyway enough with the incriminations :D Any input appreciated

Oh just as an after thought did read somewhere that if you use you ISP email as opposed to a personal one or one you host yourself as in my case then you can just do the phone verification is that correct?

Thanks in advance guys got a feeling I am going to feel right at home here

peghmeypong 06-22-2010 11:34 AM

Yeah, entropay will verify fine with both of them.

The 21 day hold thing is a bit of a problem and seems to be affecting most new sellers across all categories. I think there are still ways to get round it, but i don't know what they are.

I have no idea about the ISP email, if someone knows for sure, please post update.

itsme 06-22-2010 12:08 PM

Thanks for replying, it used to be easy to fool these fools :)

Seems like they have tightened things up a bit still they are fools so I am sure there will be a workaround somewhere, well at least I hope ;)

Dont know if I want to get back into the world of selling lots of stuff, have a few bits lying around that I want to get rid of but nothing major all will sell for well under £100 per item apart from the car well hopefully anyhow but that will be cash on collections so screw paypal!

The 21 day thing is a bit of a nightmare TBH I would love to know who died and made paypal god! They bend more rules and regs than bin laden and co but dont half spit their dummies out if you do it back to them!

anyhow thanks for your reply appreciate it.

peghmeypong 06-22-2010 12:43 PM

No problem. Good luck with it!

I'm pretty new too, but get the ebook if you haven't, it'll tell you all you need to know.

littlelynney 06-22-2010 01:03 PM

I too have started selling again my items are all priced around the tenner mark not vero and im also being hit with the 21day restriction.Saying that my account is only a week old hence why i think im being slapped with the 21day crap.

itsme 06-22-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlelynney (Post 146637)
I too have started selling again my items are all priced around the tenner mark not vero and im also being hit with the 21day restriction.Saying that my account is only a week old hence why i think im being slapped with the 21day crap.

What a pain, I hate the idea of paypal having any control whatsoever over me especially my money!!!! And of course I suppose the ebay brainwash machine is still working well and most ebayers will only pay with paypal still?

Do they not even allow you to tap into the funds to pay for postage via their site? At least it would all be properly trackable then grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hate these guys I really do but needs must, I take it as soon as the buyer leaves feedback they are lifting the restriction on the funds quickly?

itsme 06-22-2010 01:09 PM

Just had a thought does this 21 day rubbish apply to all accounts under 90 days old? what if the account had been a buyer account fro longer than 90 days then starting selling woul it be part of this rubbish?

cardfelon 06-22-2010 01:14 PM

Even if the account is more than 90 days old if you haven't sold on it in quite some time there is a good chance you will still get the hold. As for selling a car usually when you sell a car you just accept a small deposit via Paypal and then the buyer makes arrangments to pay you in person or some other form. I don't know how much the car is worth but think about the fees involved you would give Paypal.

itsme 06-22-2010 01:38 PM

Hi cardfelon thanks for your reply :)

The car is an old banger and I will NOT be accepting any kind of paypal payment on it whoever wins can just come and pay cash job done.

I am exploring the paypal hold thing as I have a few other things to get rid of a few electricals and bla bla bla where I suppose most buyers will opt to pay with paypal :(

Oh well as said needs must just have to live with it I suppose, my fault anyhow if I had played the game properly (lol) I would have an excellent paypal account and an ebay account with thousands of feedback by now, the amount of account I have burned uh quite a few anyhow :)

Cant believe they are getting so tight, on a more serious note they do have you by the boll***s its about time they had some decent competitio in the UK, am amazed I have not a big retailer jump on this band wagon by now Tesco Auctions lol jus imagine it......................

cpm 06-27-2010 02:21 PM

eBid.

List your stuff there.

itsme 06-28-2010 04:11 AM

Hi CPM

I am am member on ebid have been for a while, never listed anything though, they have lots and lots of listings still seems a bit quiet on the actual buyers side though, are you having good results on there?

cpm 07-04-2010 12:33 PM

Try it out and see for yourself. It's up to you to make it work.

It's people like you who need to up the competition by diverting business away from eBay/PP.

Honestly, eBay/PP is one corrupt lot.