RXI11 Paypal limited, anyone got past it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default RXI11 Paypal limited, anyone got past it?

Hey all,

Any chance someone has gotting past this Paypal RXI11 limited part?
Would it be worth time doing what they suggest or just make a brand new ebay+Pp account? Ta
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Ph ake docs if you have the links - I am still waiting on some template ID and such - no luck.
Old 07-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Ive sent all the docs too them. How long does it take for Paypal to respond?
Old 07-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Takes a while - but can't hurt to do a light phone call follow-up. I've faxed in documents and waited 48 hours.
Old 07-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

It can take a week even, the worst thing is the silent treatment...thats when you know you are in trouble..
Old 07-06-2010
Threadstarter  

ahh just got an email from them :

For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review
accounts for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have
decided to close it because of security issues.

We are making every effort to minimise any disruption to your business.

If your PayPal account balance is zero, and you have no unresolved buyer
complaints or chargebacks, your account will remain limited.

However the paypal account is not closed and still limited and next to each of the ID, invoice,proof of address tabs it says they are all in progress ...

Funny thing is eBay tried to take the funds for the ebay fees but couldnt since the paypal account is limited and cannot send any payments or refunds etc They then asked for a different method of payment ... idiots LOL
Old 07-07-2010

Longevity: 80%

Yeah, i am interested in hearing from those that have successfully gone past this limitation barrier.
My case may not be peculiar. Perhaps others can shed some advise or assistance.

I am UK based ebayer for 5 years. Doing well and ok.
My housemate opened an ebay account about 12months ago with his own details. As we lived together, we most times assist each and we share same pc.
We obviously have separate paypal account all verified.
Take note - my friend's details are completely different from mine with the exception of same address at one point.
My friend moved out few months ago but we still kept in touch.
Cos of our bond, he would assist me deal with me account when i am on hols and vice versa.
Problem now is that friend has run into serious difficulty. Was stung by a supplier he used and he can't get refund. Item was dropship item, hence ebay customer has paid him. He cannot refund from his own pocket; hence 3 buyers put in claim, totalling 2K.
Paypal is obviously not happy cos they had to pay out and his account his negative.
They proceed to limit his account and ebay does same as well.
4 days after this, i get an email from paypal saying my own paypal account has been limited. It states provide ID, POR etc. No probs with this as i can easily do this. However one their request shocked me. It said, i should resolve complaints and negative balance with an associated account and goes on to provide email account address for this account.
I was confused and called paypal. After 2 million years on hold, a lady said 'yes, this other account (friends account) is associated with mine cos it's got same computer ID. I argued and was told paypal systems can't lie and that we shared same address, same computer etc hence it is owned by same person.
I explained the relationship and stated my friend had moved out etc but they weren't having it.
Called ebay and was told - tell your friend to resolve his account and your limitation would be removed.
I am still in a state of shock. How can they expect me to force or control my friend to restore his account. They state he still lives with me. Let's assume this is correct, does that make me liable for his actions?

My friend has sent them a message stating clearly that he is the person solely responsible for his account and that it shouldn't be discussed or divulged to me or anyone else.
Surely, on the strength of the letter, shouldn't they let my restriction off. It seems they want their money restored back in my friend;s account and they feel if they hound me, i would chase him to pay back. But the sad truth is he hasnt got the money.
Pls where does all this leave me. What are my options. Pls assist and advise.

BTW - i have read online how a wife was treated a similar as i have just experienced cos her husband sharing same address owed paypal money. Surely this approach can't be right.
Old 07-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

ok, re your question - husband and wife debts are jointly liable..but they would go after the person who owes first, if they cannot find or get anywhere they may go after spouse if there are assets etc..

You and your friend will have to explain the situation to paypal, I have seen posts before from room mates and relatives etc who shared PC and got stung, it isnt guaranteed to be sorted out unfortunately...in terms of getting your account unlimited but I doubt they will come after you for your friends debts, because they cannot prove you had anything to do with his account, other than sharing a PC and you can prove you are two different people.
Old 07-07-2010

So, what you are saying is that they truely expect people to be suffer for their room mates or house mate's debt. Surely this can't be right. Something has got to be done
Old 07-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

yes this story is all too common, they immediately assume you are one and the same person or involved with the offending account in some way...Try and sort it out calmly.
Old 07-07-2010

But how calmly can this be sorted. From what i can see, all they want is their funds from my friend and he hasnt got in.
Old 07-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Oompa can offer a lot of great advice - and he does - but there is nothing that can be done directly. You need to call thim directly, speak to a representative and sort it out. Though they cannot come after you for funds your friend owes, that doesn't mean collections won't stop harassing the number registered.

I would like to read your above post but written diarrhea kills my mood =(