Help please with debit card issue. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 07-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Help please with debit card issue.

Hi,

I have just got a letter from Nationwide which confirms my account is open with cheque book and cash plus card along with being able to set up direct debits.

The only issue I have now is that every knows a cash card cannot be used online, can I request a new debit card from my other bank Lloyds tsb? and use that as the card number will be completely different or should I stay clear and get a prepaid card instead?.

Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2010

Longevity: 93%

Mate,

You are going about it the long way : use virtual CC

www.entropay.com

Load a virtual card with £10 but when you want a new card just transfer
some of the £10 credit onto a newly generated card. i have 13 cards all for a tenner, they however take 10p commission for every transfer but thats no big deal

Any problems PM me and I can help you

Regards
Old 07-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Ok, thank you.
Will this get past the address issue as well? - as like my Halifax card which I've just tried to add to my paypal buying only account could not be added as the address did not match, but they still took £2.:(

Should I just add a bank account only?
Old 07-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

ryan, you're doing the order incorrectly.

I gather you have an ebay/paypal account already made? If the answer is yes, then do as RicheL said, create an entropay account and fund it as he said. Then with the 2nd vcc, make that to match your paypal info & attach those numbers to paypal. And voila..account verified. Can then be attached to ebay and you are ready
Old 07-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Default Debit card address issue.

Hi,
I got this email from Paypal about 10 minutes ago.

What can I do? - If I add my real address they will link the accounts right and I'll be back to stage 1.

Dear Member,

We apologise for the problem you encountered while adding a credit card to your PayPal account. The instructions below have helped most of our customers who have encountered similar problems.

Why can't I add my credit card?

Your credit card ending in **** could not be added because we were unable to verify your credit card billing address. This is the address where you receive billing statements for this card.

One possible problem could be that you entered a different address to the one where you receive your bills for this card. If this is the case, the solution is as easy as entering the correct billing address.

If you continue to encounter difficulties entering your billing address, please go through the following set of troubleshooting questions:

Is your address spelled correctly?

PayPal verifies the billing address with your credit card provider. Please be sure that you have entered the address exactly as it is printed on your billing statements.

Have you moved recently?

If so, be sure that you are entering the exact address where you receive your billing statements for this card.

Is your home phone number accurate?

Check that the home phone number we have on file for you is correct.

Does your credit card issuer have more than one address on file for you?

If your bank has two addresses on file for you, be sure to enter the address your credit card issuer considers your primary address. This address may be different from the address where you receive your statements.

Is this a new credit card?

If so, be sure you have activated your card with your credit card provider before trying to add it to your account.

How do I fix this problem?

1. Go to Welcome - PayPal.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Go to the 'Profile' subtab of the 'My Account' tab and select the 'Credit Card' link in the Financial Information menu.
4. Enter your credit card information.
5. Enter the address where you receive billing statements for this card.
6. Click the 'Add Credit Card' button.

Please note: the billing address field will be automatically set to your primary postal address. If you DO NOT receive credit card bills at this address, click the 'Enter New Billing Address' field, and enter the exact address where you receive billing statements for this card. (You may want to refer to your last credit card statement, and follow any abbreviations or spacing used in the printing of your address).

After following the steps above, if you still receive an error about your billing address the website will automatically request that you proceed through an alternative card verification process the third time you try to add your card.
Why does PayPal verify my credit card billing address?

In order to protect our customers, PayPal is constantly working to ensure the integrity of our payment network and to eliminate the threat of fraud. Verifying credit card billing addresses is just one of the stringent checks we make so that none of our members fall victim to fraud.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal
Old 07-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...ard-issue.html

Will be better for you,ryan, to have all the questions in the one thread. I've merged them
Old 07-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your help.

Does entropay check date of birth? As I'm 17, 18 in January.

Also, Could I get a prepaid debit card and have it shipped to my mail forwarding address?.
I had a netspend card shipped to my US mail forwarding address that was fine until they could not verify my passport.
Old 07-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Nope, they dont check the DOB. entropay is a virtual card. No plastic card gets sent out.That's the beauty of using entropay..
Old 08-22-2010

Longevity: 79%

with entro pay if a merchant like paypal check your billing address that you enter against the virtual cc will it always successfull match??
Old 08-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
ryan, you're doing the order incorrectly.

I gather you have an ebay/paypal account already made? If the answer is yes, then do as RicheL said, create an entropay account and fund it as he said. Then with the 2nd vcc, make that to match your paypal info & attach those numbers to paypal. And voila..account verified. Can then be attached to ebay and you are ready
wait, so are you saying taht you can have your real address on the entroypay?
Old 09-10-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Default Nationwide Cash Card Plus

Just got one of these on my wifes account - as far as I can tell from the paperwork that came with it, it is much the same as a debit card and can be used on line, so should be OK with PayPal
Old 09-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You need to have a minmum of $3.00 (better to have 5) on Entropay for Paypal verification - remember that,