Ebay Aliert - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-19-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Ebay Aliert

Just tries to list an item and got this message
Alert!

As a new seller you’ve reached the selling limit for the number of items you can list in this category. This means you won't be able to complete this listing right now, but you may still be able to list other types of items in other categories. You'll be able to list more items in this category in 30 days.

Account privileges for new sellers are limited until they establish a good track record with us and their buyers. These limits help us make sure all new sellers meet their buyers' needs in categories where buyers have higher expectations.

Once you've been a seller for more than 90 days and you establish a good track record with your buyers, you may have your limits evaluated. Is there any way around it. Help most appreciated
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

This typically happens in high risk categories. If you are not sure if what you are selling is considered high-risk, go to DHgate.com and see if you can find it there. If you can, eBay considers it high-risk.

I have never heard of anyone beating it. But using the stealth guide, you can open several accounts and sell more that way (but preferably different specific items!).
Old 09-21-2010
jason357

Longevity: 0%

To beat it you need to be a seller for 90 days or maore.
Old 09-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

I have a couple questions about this

I have a Pre 11/07 account that i didnt start selling on until about a month ago. I assume i am still under the 90 day rule?

What if i build up feedback on 100+ with 100% feedback and awesome dsr ratings, but i built all this on non high risk categories. Would i still have limits in those categories or will my limits be removed only if i establish a good track record in that category?
Old 09-23-2010
jason357

Longevity: 0%

The 90 day count down starts as soon as you go through the process of making your eBay account into a seller account, as soon as you see the "seller account" tab in the my eBay section drop down, then start counting to 90, makes no odds how old the account is, what fb your on or your dsr rating, reason I know is cos I tried 3 times now with 100+ fb and 100% fb and to top it over 100 dsr' at 5 stars, just incase I had an account glitch, but no, its here to stay, auctions are ok for the minute, but if you want to list BIN it want happen for 90 days.
Old 09-23-2010

Longevity: 82%
Default Ebay Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibbsy79 View Post
Alert!

As a new seller you’ve reached the selling limit for the number of items you can list in this category. This means you won't be able to complete this listing right now, but you may still be able to list other types of items in other categories. You'll be able to list more items in this category in 30 days.

Account privileges for new sellers are limited until they establish a good track record with us and their buyers. These limits help us make sure all new sellers meet their buyers' needs in categories where buyers have higher expectations.

Once you've been a seller for more than 90 days and you establish a good track record with your buyers, you may have your limits evaluated. Is there any way around it. Help most appreciated
Very easy way around this - just list the product using a different variation of the name... for eg if you are selling Ed Hardy and you have reached your limit then you could list the product as Christian Audigier and in the listing below this, for something like 7p you can put in Ed Hardy! Or misspell the item slightly which will get through the net!!
Old 09-26-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Very easy way around this - just list the product using a different variation of the name... for eg if you are selling Ed Hardy and you have reached your limit then you could list the product as Christian Audigier and in the listing below this, for something like 7p you can put in Ed Hardy! Or misspell the item slightly which will get through the net!!
how will that change anything ? you are just chaning the listing title not the catogory ?

Quote:
Alert!

How many things did you have listed in that catogory when you got this message ?

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 09-26-2010 at 05:25 PM.