Why eBay and whyNot ebid? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Thumbs up Why eBay and whyNot ebid?

Hello guyz,

I know, I may sound stupid as I am comparing something with eBay lol , coz I know there aint a better auction site in terms of sales revenue, but I wana ask you a question.

Has anyone ever sold on ebid uk ? I am asking this because I haven't used this but they also accept Paypal and if sales are good there, then we should be moving out there.

Also if someone has used ebid, then could someone kindly address, what are the issues faced commonly on ebid, and is it as strict in suspensions as ebay ? and is there any account reinstatment policies they have ?

I think we need expert tips from an experienced ebid user, maybe who has created stealth there :P
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-01-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG

hi there

ive registerd on there a while back

i put about 10 items on say 1 month ago,i checked last week and still not sold anything and i noticed that all ten items have had 25 views lol i thought that was abit weird unless the same 25 people looked at all my different items but surely not
Old 11-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Very simple.

Ebid does not have the traffic that eBay does.

Period.
Old 11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Very simple.

Ebid does not have the traffic that eBay does.

Period.
i new that , i was hoping it might sell an item or maybe 2 a month lol new that was to much to ask
Old 11-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

eBay was there at the beginning and right place right time, exploded. They used to be much friendlier place to deal with too. If they were just starting today with the way they treat sellers they would likely be on the bottom of the list too

They just got lucky is all. The bigger they got the better it was to sell on there as they had all the traffic.
Old 11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfrog View Post
Hello guyz,

I know, I may sound stupid as I am comparing something with eBay lol , coz I know there aint a better auction site in terms of sales revenue, but I wana ask you a question.

Has anyone ever sold on ebid uk ? I am asking this because I haven't used this but they also accept Paypal and if sales are good there, then we should be moving out there.

Also if someone has used ebid, then could someone kindly address, what are the issues faced commonly on ebid, and is it as strict in suspensions as ebay ? and is there any account reinstatment policies they have ?

I think we need expert tips from an experienced ebid user, maybe who has created stealth there :P
Its good for some things, but not others. I used briefly 5 or so years ago, worked for some stuff I was selling. They are much better than ebay in a lot of ways, although I did once get my listings removed...couldnt see them on the site, went to login, nothing...just offered me log in page again. Contacted them, said they had removed the account, no emails - nothing! They re-instated provided I agreed I wouldnt list again...which I didnt...

I recommend trying to push customers in that direction - I put a text blurb at the bottom of all my emails to ebay customers pointing them to the site...
Old 11-02-2010

Longevity: 78%

I opened an account up years ago and nothing, then again last year and again nothing but then started looking into what you have to do to sell on there and at the moment I am getting better sales through ebid than ebay, but not stealth.

I only ever sold auctions on ebay and would not sell overseas due to the messing around and interference from ebay. On ebid I sell overseas I have switched to BIN and tend to get most of my buyers from google, or more so from google products.

Never been kicked and never had my stuff puled, but I do not sell that sort of stuff.

It is a different method of selling and takes a bit to get used to but once you get the hang of it then it seems to work OK.

As to a smaller market, your market is google and other search engines and that is what you use for research of product and price and stuff so I suppose the market place is quite big.
Seem to get a lot of Americans buying but they always used google products more than the rest of us.
Old 11-02-2010

so you reckon i should relist loads of items and tart them up abit and i might see some sales ??
Old 11-02-2010

It depends on what you sell and how you work it.

I would never give up the auctions of ebay just yet, but it works out as a good back up, and one of those links I put up the other day on here show paypal saying that more than half of the sales they were dealing with were now off ebay. Or something like that.

I just figure I need to learn it now just in case ebay really are as stupid as they are acting, rather than trying to learn how to sell again later on a totally new venue, when it is not just a case of opening a new account.
Old 11-02-2010

might have a little muck about on there later refresh everything etc worth a try i spos
Old 11-02-2010

If you are doing it spend some time reading their forum, as they have loads of info about the differences. A lot of the time it can be the stupid things that stop you selling, like using list until sold will stop your stuff showing up on google as much as seven or ten day listings, which is obvious but so many people do it.
But there are loads of stupid things like that you have to watch out for.

I am just watching what is happening with the paypal changes, as they could mess it all up, as much as they did on ebay, if the buyers start acting the way they do on ebay, as you still have to accept paypal or the buyers will not buy.