eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Operating a legitimate business through eBay Stealth (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/24942-operating-legitimate-business-through-ebay-stealth.html)

matt_oates_11 11-16-2010 09:04 AM

Operating a legitimate business through eBay Stealth

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure some of you run your businesses through an eBay stealth account. I am close to opening a eBay shop on my stealth account. It's all set up and verified etc been selling items on there for the past month and my feedback is slowly growing.

What i'm wondering is if I grow big enough to become VAT registered and want to register a limited company etc how will this work. Obviously I will want to register the business and VAT in my real name and address but this is data is suspended from eBay. When I become VAT registered and put my VAT number into eBay etc they will recognise who I am and I will get suspended.

Is anyone running a limited company, VAT registered through an eBay stealth account? If so, how are you doing it?

Thanks for all your help.

Matt

Paddymac 11-16-2010 09:15 AM

Is you stealth account address a real accessible one?

matt_oates_11 11-16-2010 12:52 PM

No the address doesn't exist. The street and postcode are correct but the house number doesn't exist.

People move house though don't they so I could change it if I need to I guess.

It all depends how successful we are in business. Becoming big enough to be VAT registered doesn't happen overnight does it but I'm thinking of the possibilities later down the line. Is it possible with a stealth account?

isitworththestress 11-16-2010 01:16 PM

Tax man looks at your back sales and you are screwed

Stigger 11-16-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isitworththestress (Post 182476)
Tax man looks at your back sales and you are screwed

Thats not true.

matt_oates_11 11-21-2010 10:25 AM

isitworththestress: why would I be 'screwed?'
TizWoz: why isn't that true?

I am going to register as self employed once the eBay shop gets up and running because it's suicide not paying your taxes.

What does the tax man require from me when I fill in a tax return? Is there any way they will know I am trading on eBay under a different name?

My eBay account is registered as a business and has been given a business name. All limits are removed and PayPal is verified.

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Stigger 11-21-2010 12:55 PM

it means your screwed because you are supposed to register as self employed straight away not when you feel like it, you might have a problem "if questioned" about your sales and not been registered as a sole trader or business at the time of those sales.

But seen as though you are a new start up business you have up to 3 months to register and when asked you would tell them that as its a new venture, you was researching the market to see if it could be viable as a business, you would still need to have all the invoices/records as if you intended to pay the tax all along.

taariqmajid 11-21-2010 09:38 PM

i need an ebay account im willing to pay

how do u open ebay stealth accounts dont they need verification now like id etc

matt_oates_11 11-22-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TizWoz (Post 184189)
it means your screwed because you are supposed to register as self employed straight away not when you feel like it, you might have a problem "if questioned" about your sales and not been registered as a sole trader or business at the time of those sales.

But seen as though you are a new start up business you have up to 3 months to register and when asked you would tell them that as its a new venture, you was researching the market to see if it could be viable as a business, you would still need to have all the invoices/records as if you intended to pay the tax all along.

How can I pay tax on my profits from eBay if the person doesn't exist?

I will be registering as self-employed in the next couple of weeks because I am getting a web-shop up and running which will obviously be registered in my real name. The business will be a limited company and it will have a business account set up in my name. Only problem is I'm trading on eBay under a stealth name. Is this going to affect me?

Thanks for your help!

matt_oates_11 11-23-2010 04:00 PM

Will eBay recognise that who I am when I register my VAT number with them under my stealth account?

On the VAT registration forms it asks for my full name. Will eBay check this matches my eBay account name and address?

oompaloompa 11-23-2010 04:09 PM

you can only do what you have mentioned if you are registered as yourself, real name or as a DBA, the DBA is possible even in retrospect. You can change the address to a box if it is a business account, or you can upgrade to a business account, especially if your sales warrant it.

Are these business or private accounts, firstly?

matt_oates_11 11-25-2010 06:32 AM

The eBay account is registered as a business account with a basic eBay shop.

At this moment in time the details registered are my business name, then a f*ake name and address. eBay and PayPal accounts are both verified.

oompaloompa 11-25-2010 02:06 PM

an address that is not accessbile can sometimes be a problem, but it works for some forumers. If lifting limits call goes wrong a pin letter will go out, at that point you could change address and get it resent..

User220 12-24-2015 07:49 PM

Re: Operating a legitimate business through eBay Stealth

Did you sort this ?

realdeals 12-25-2015 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by User220 (Post 730993)
Did you sort this ?

Nothing like bumping a thread over 5 years old. :lol:

rsot 12-25-2015 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realdeals (Post 731057)
Nothing like bumping a thread over 5 years old. :lol:

Amazing revival :thumb: oompa is still around so she might reply hah