eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Dilemma?! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/26273-dilemma.html)

HPoss 12-21-2010 06:58 PM

Dilemma?!

Ok so my brother has just brought a new iphone 4.. He paid £450 Pounds for it. He brought it off a guy with no feedback. He paid the guy and is now awaiting delivery. (Only brought it today). however, the seller asked him to leave good feedback to get around the 21 day hold and he said that he would not send it out until he had received the money (fair enough its a fair amount of money) as the funds were pending in the sellers account. So now that he has left him good feedback saying (seller asked me to leave good feedback to continue transaction) What happens if he doesn't receive the iphone?

Surely a good feedback for the transaction isnt enough to stop a INR dispute? isit? Will he still win if the seller cant provide proof of delivery? (tracking)

Thanks

holymoly 12-21-2010 08:21 PM

Don't DO IT! SCAMMER ALL THE WAY!!!!

You leave f/b when you GET the item, even as a seller I expect this to be the same...I'm not trying to scam people.

Cancel the transaction if he keeps this up, tell eBay.

Hrad 12-21-2010 08:54 PM

Yeah probably a scammer. You will still get your money back without issues though. Paypal is so lopsided you could probably do something stupid and still get your money back, nothing comes to mind though :P

HPoss 12-22-2010 06:23 AM

Right so... My brother is one of the dumbest people i've ever met. Im taking over now to make sure that he gets his money back or doubtfully actually gets the iphone.

Facts are;

He's paid £450 for it.

Seller asked him to leave good feedback so that the 21 day hold would be released.
Stupid brother obliged and left him good feedback stating (seller asked me to leave good feedback to continue transaction)

/....

So where do i go from here? seller said it will be here today tomorrow.. (buying time?)

Do i go INR straight away? or what?

Thanks guys.. :ranger:

Ohh and @Hrad - Yeah i think so to, i really hope that if he is a scammer we'll get the money back! You think that pay-pal will still side with the buyer? its not like the feedback says "delivered, perfect thank you" isit... Yeah what he did was real dumb :mad::mad:

Stigger 12-22-2010 08:10 AM

has the item been sent yet ? there is no reason to delay sending the item if you brother left the feedback, if you did not get the item in two days, i would start to get worried.

i hope he paid with credit card, just in case.

i would only ever buy online with credit card for that kind of money anyway.

GreenBean 12-22-2010 08:21 AM

Get your brother to ask for help. We don't like or do 'third party' bail-outs. Send me a pm with the ebay item number :pop2:

How are we to know it's not a scam that you are trying to work on? The old 'brother is dumb trick' is one used lots.
Not fair to decent sellers and buyers