Just started up again! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-08-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Question Just started up again!

Hi there,

Just come across this site, looks great, just a quick query. Got banned a couple years back, and thought to leave eBAY for a while.

Got back today, made a new eBAY account as well as Paypal, both linked, with my Sisters name, new email, etc, with a new browser on a new user account on my laptop, (IP should have changed since 2008 surely?), it is dynamic.

Just wondered if this is all good, shouldn't be closed down right? - Everything refreshed with sister's details...

Much appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-08-2011

Hi, so far so good.

Was the bank account used on paypal previously used on your suspended paypal?

Same for the registration address.
Old 01-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Same postal agrees buddy, she still living at home... But totally different bank account in her name, cheers
Old 01-09-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman3005 View Post
Same postal agrees buddy, she still living at home... But totally different bank account in her name, cheers
If she is living at the same address as your blocked account,your account will be linked
Old 01-09-2011

yes afraid so.
Old 01-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

First off,,,,You Should NEVER Use a Family Members Information,,,It will Only Cause Problems within your Family at Some Point,,

Member queent above is 100% Correct The Same address will Link the Accounts Guaranteed,,,,

and, NO you cannot simply Change the Address at this point,,Ebay Keeps EVERY Bit of Information that It gets on an account for Ever,,No Mattter how often you change it,,

You Best Bet,,,,Get the Guide Read it 3 Times and Go Stealth,,,and Avoid Potential Diasters with your Family and Get back on Ebay the Right way,,,
Old 01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
first off,,,,you should never use a family members information,,,it will only cause problems within your family at some point,,

member queent above is 100% correct the same address will link the accounts guaranteed,,,,

and, no you cannot simply change the address at this point,,ebay keeps every bit of information that it gets on an account for ever,,no mattter how often you change it,,

you best bet,,,,get the guide read it 3 times and go stealth,,,and avoid potential diasters with your family and get back on ebay the right way,,,
aspins book reccommends using a family or friends information to get back on ebay. I also pm'd him to clear this with him and he said it was fine to go ahead and do so. So why does 1/2 the contibutors here tell people not to do what aspin says they can do? I don't get it!
Old 01-09-2011

Hmm

Interesting turn to this topic.

I guess its because using a friend or family members details is common sense, as is making up the details.

I had really hoped that the book would provide some genuinely out of the box ideas for going stealth but i was a bit dissapointed.

Dont get me wrong - it would be great for a beginner or someone who didnt have time to read through forums online.

Anyhow both methods mentioned above are easy ways to get a new account open. Problems only arise if the account get limited.

Using a family or friends details means you can likely lay your hands on real ID to verify the account. If you do this then only use the account legitimately you will be ok but its fair to say that eb ay will still limit you down the line for some BS.

So yes its fine to use a friend or family members details but get suspended using there info - which lets face it there is a pretty strong chance - then they will be pretty annoyed with you.

Using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info - well if your account gets limited then its kinda obvious what will happen.
Old 01-09-2011

I think the point half of the people here are just suggesting that you should ask family or friends before using their information on your new eBay and PayPal accounts.

You can use their names, d.o.b, address and telephone number etc if you ASK!, I'm sure most people will be okay with it, like me personally I have a friend that has moved from England to Canada and uses my address instead of having to hire a mail forwarding company - (Not for Ebay)
Old 01-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

You Do Not Use a Family Members Info Because it is VERY Easy to get Suspended From Ebay,Do NOT Kid Yourself you are NOT Smarter than Everyone else on this Forum,,and A Family member who Gives you Permission to Use their info, Will NOT Appreciate it if someday they Find out that they Changed their Minds about Ebay and Now want an Ebay Account, and Cannot Because an Account in their name has already been suspended,,,

Worse yet,,Credit Rating issuse that you may Cause to that family member who let you use their info resulting from Unpaid Ebay/Paypal fees,,Ebay/Paypal Claims Filed against you,,,,,ect,ect,ect,,,,

So since you can get Suspended from Ebay so Easily,,,Hell,,, All it takes is some Lousy Competitor reporting one or two of your listings to get you suspended,,,you have NO Control over that,,,,it is best NOT to Use a Family members info,,,You will use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info at some point in the future,,,Why not simply Start out that way and avoid all the Headachs, fights, animosity, Right from the Beginning

Last edited by slapped; 01-09-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2011

Just to condense the posts above:

I think what were all saying is that you can open a new account in a family or friends name yes but if it gets linked or you violate terms to get it closed then you will likely uposet your friend in the long run.

But i guess thats pretty obvious right?

Making an account in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details as recommended in the book, wont annoy anyone if it gets closed as they dont exist. This does however mean that if paypal or ebay ask you for id or documentation you wont be able to provide genuine copys because they to dont exist.....

But i guess that agin is also pretty obvious?

So what are we left with?
Old 01-22-2011

Longevity: 91%

I agree with most here. I just started a stealth account and just went with BS info. Worse case I just open another and don't have to ask my cousin for some info. The down side is at some point you will need a SS(if in the US) thats why you keep a number accounts running and try to spread out your sales and when (not if) an account goes down the hurt is small and you don't have to tell your cousin they can't use ebay anymore.