eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   email from Paypal says 'invalid bank account number'...? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/28016-email-paypal-says-invalid-bank-account-number.html)

johnnyleeds 02-08-2011 11:54 AM

email from Paypal says 'invalid bank account number'...?

Hello!

This is a confusing one, I have recently done the first couple of transfers from Paypal to my verified bank account. The first I transferred normally, the second I paid the £5 to get the payment quicker. What has happened is yesterday I received the second transfer into my bank account - the one I paid the £5 extra for faster transfer, ok? Well today I received the money in my bank account from the first transfer I did, still simple enough yes? Well in my email inbox was an email from Paypal saying the following:

Dear Mr **** ********,

On , we attempted to transfer from your bank account, ending in ****. This transfer was returned by your bank on 7 Feb 2011 for the reason below:

This is an invalid bank account number.

As a result, this bank account has been disabled from your PayPal account. Please contact your bank for more information or add a new bank account. Please do not contact PayPal because this is entirely an issue between the account holder and their bank.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

How mental is this? I have actually received the transfer they are referring to, it wasnt returned to Paypal by my bank at all. However Paypal have removed my bank account although my account with Paypal is still verified. What can anyone make of this? I have seen a couple of other people leave posts about similar emails from Paypal but not identical, I dont think they actually received their transfer into their bank account. I dont know if I should just re-add the bank account back to Paypal and hope it works when I need to do another transfer? What does anyone think?

Kind regards

Johnny

rsot 02-08-2011 12:12 PM

This is a weird situation. My suggestion is to gather the paperwork and call up an agent to sort this out. Don't simply re-add it.

johnnyleeds 02-08-2011 04:03 PM

Greetings Rsot! Thanks for the reply, it is indeed a very weird situation, although Paypal dont seem to want to deal with it themselves as they have said that I shouldnt contact them regarding it. They say the issue is between myself and the bank. However as the transfer has actually gone through successfully I dont see what the issue is...? The only issue is the fact I have received this strange email from Paypal and that Paypal have removed my bank account from my Paypal account. Rsot, when you say I should gather together my 'paperwork' and call up an agent, do you mean I should phone the people at the bank or try and contact Paypal about this?

many thanks!

Johnny

rsot 02-08-2011 04:35 PM

You should gather your bank statements and give Paypal a call - then when you have the agent on the phone, you can cite specific transaction history.

oompaloompa 02-09-2011 10:02 AM

whilst they SAY do not contact them, simply log in to paypal and pm them and tell them you are re-adding bank account, theyll reply with acknowledgement....

you or your bank havent simply canceled dd by mistake after this transfer went thru did you, is the dd still showing as valid on the online banking?

imprezawrx 02-10-2011 03:29 AM

this happened to me once. all i did when i had enough money in paypal to transfer was yep, transfer & it went through ok & has ever since

kabatzas 02-10-2011 04:43 AM

Hmmm
it probably just a poorly configured paypal automated responce / function.....bossibly related to erorrs in the BACS payments.

I just made a new thread possibly related to what triger it.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...-trace-us.html

Jemi85 02-15-2011 06:35 AM

I have the same problem. Added a few bank accounts, and always was the same (there were savings accounts, or it may be the reason?) account was verified, and after a few days, paypal rejected my account for the same reason. How to fix it ?

ibraa 02-19-2011 05:36 PM

I had the same matter, called Paypal, they explained:

Paypal tries to check if the bank account is able to send funds, so does not actually takes money away, just checks it. And as far it is a savings account, you can't do that, so it will flag up, and they will remove it. After you can re-add it, without a problem, as your account will still say "verified".
Hope this helped.