eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   I used a mobile number to register ebay & paypal - any good? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/28447-i-used-mobile-number-register-ebay-paypal-any-good.html)

Alps_a somewhatlegend 02-21-2011 04:31 AM

I used a mobile number to register ebay & paypal - any good?

Hi again!

I used a mobile number to open my seller account on ebay and used it for the part where they ring you with an automated code to enter into ebay so you can start selling.

Is tis ok to do?..... am I gog to need a landline to operate stealth paypal and ebay accounts or is it ok to do what I am doing?

It has all goe through - although I am on 10 sellling limit

Also, to open my paypal accounts, I only add the bank sort code and account information to get verified. I do not add a card. Is this ok? It says I am verified, but I still have an option of adding a card..... do I have to?

Any feedback would be appreciated.... thanks

Paddymac 02-21-2011 12:36 PM

I used a mobile ot open the account and all was fine, they could not ring my virtual landline for some reason so contated them and they advised a mobile.
I have just upgraded my payal to business and they requested a landline for verification.
I have the number diverted to my mobile but worked fine and entered the code ok
I think for a business PP account you have to supply a landline

Alps_a somewhatlegend 02-21-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddymac (Post 206547)
I used a mobile ot open the account and all was fine, they could not ring my virtual landline for some reason so contated them and they advised a mobile.
I have just upgraded my payal to business and they requested a landline for verification.
I have the number diverted to my mobile but worked fine and entered the code ok
I think for a business PP account you have to supply a landline

Thank fo reply.

I just wanted to know something. I have never had to enter any code into paypal via a telephone call.... I only entered the two deposits they made to my bank to verify. Is it something new they do?

imprezawrx 02-22-2011 05:19 AM

they do this quite often now

Imakemoney 02-22-2011 07:26 AM

Its good to always verify via landline I believe then they wont hassle you about it in the future.
Just using a service such as Soho66 or TTNC and forward the to your mobile/s then ebay/paypal can contact you whenever which means no limitations when they cant get in touch with you.

Alps_a somewhatlegend 02-23-2011 01:01 PM

To above.... I think ur right

After having a few accounts I can see the difference in them... I think I will use a landline on my new accounts from now on

I wanted to know though....(SCENARIO BEGIN) I use soho66 (or equivalent) on my ebay seller verification... once done... i want to close the landline and put a mobile number in ebay so in future if they ring me they can get hold of me.......

On the paypal account, coz they dont do what ebay does (well at least in the begining to open account) as in the phone call with 4 digit code to be able to sell..... when I originally open account, do I put the mobile number I will finally be using (as above from ebay) in there or does it need to be a land line?....(SCENARIO END)

or do I register both pay pal and eb ay with a landline and keep the landline active for as long as the account are active... ie. pay the £3 a month to the soho66 or whoever.

Hope my question is understandable... it is in my strange old head!

THANKS

forummember 02-24-2011 04:35 AM

When I created an account and used a mobile (with a mobile number) to register, the second I tried listing something eBay wanted me to verify myself.

I would advise using a landline or services provided by Soho66 etc.

Imakemoney 02-24-2011 07:51 AM

ebay and paypal are linked they can share pretty much any info they want i believe.
You would still be using your mobile...by using these services you can set it up so that the call can be diverted to any mobile you want. Also on the user interface you can also change at any time what mobile you want the calls diverted too which is good because if you have all your stealth accounts going to one mobile it can be confusing when they call haha
Try and keep the line active incase they want to contact you it doesnt cost much.
I dont use Soho66 i use TTNC currently so im not sure of the costs with soho66 but once you've paid the money on TTNC the calls always get diverted to your mobile theres no extra costs to keep it active.
Hope this helps :)

Alps_a somewhatlegend 02-24-2011 08:52 AM

To above.... yes you have helped a lot.

Just wanted to know... with TTNC, if my pp account goes down will TTNC let me change the number for free or will I have to buy another.

Also is it a good (or not) idea to use a landline to setup eby and pp accounts and after a few weeks change the info on eby and pp to a mobile number or will they not like it as it will no longer be a geographical number? The reason I ask is so I can get a cheap soho66 number for a month and then ditch it saving me money.

Thanks

Imakemoney 02-24-2011 07:10 PM

I would stick to a geographical number. After all why would you want to change it when its routed to your mobile anyway....? Remember you can only use a number once if you dont want to link your accounts.

With TTNC if the account goes down you will need a new number which means you would have to buy another.

ezmoney 02-24-2011 08:10 PM

I have used a tracfone on last two accounts with no issues and yes I keep the number live for all of them as both ebay and paypal will call from time to time. Also if for some reason you ever need to call them, they can see right away from what number you are calling from, and when it matches the number in the system there have never been issues. It does cost a little bit to keep all of the phones active but in my opinion worth every penny to be able to take calls and also make calls and not be afraid to talk to them. As long as you can substantiate and verify everything you used to create the account there is no reason it will be an issue. Just be sure to keep perfect notes and not get any info mixed up. I keep a note card with every active phone for each account.:doh:

oakbrook05 02-26-2011 10:07 PM

I have used my cell phone with no problems.When they want to verify make sure you have a friend with a cell with you.
They will call your friends number for the code or pin.

oompaloompa 02-28-2011 03:32 PM

ok, last 2 posts, we are on Uk section. Tracfone is a US thing. Up until recently a landline format was only way to register a seller account, but they are allowing mobiles now. I would say I havent noticed a difference in whether they flag you or not based on what type of number you use, they are moving with the times and some people dont even have a landline anymore...