eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   paypal and ebay scammer, how to deal with (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/29020-paypal-ebay-scammer-how-deal.html)

yannick_reveur 03-10-2011 07:02 AM

paypal and ebay scammer, how to deal with

Hello,

i have sold an iphone yesterday. the buyer is living in Bulgaria and sent me the money through paypal.
however he doesnt want the postal delivery and he as a sister in vacation in London....how strange isnt it.

he doesnt accept any other delivery.

i have the money in paypal, but if i give it to her i wont have any proof of delivery and he can open a case and win. Paypal will debit the money direct from my account since i put my real information.

if i decide to cancel the sell, the only way to avoid ebay fees is the buyer to accept to close the case. If not i will be screwed.

im facing a scammer, what can i do?
im really stressed right now and i really regret to use ebay and paypal!!!!

giles890 03-11-2011 06:33 AM

NEVER EVER send to an address which isnt paypal verified.

Only send to the address which is on paypal. You'll hear about nigerian scammers all over the place.

The buyer knows exactly what he's doing. Just send it out to the paypal address 'signed for' also check his ebay address is the same to his paypal

No point risking it!

oompaloompa 03-11-2011 08:31 AM

so he wants the sister to pick it up? NO. you did not say collection in person, they cannot change the rules after the sale. Cancel and refund money, tell them his sister can pay cash upon collection if she wants. I doubt they will take your offer.

motorfinger 03-11-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yannick_reveur (Post 210391)
Hello,

i have sold an iphone yesterday. the buyer is living in Bulgaria and sent me the money through paypal.
however he doesnt want the postal delivery and he as a sister in vacation in London....how strange isnt it.

he doesnt accept any other delivery.

i have the money in paypal, but if i give it to her i wont have any proof of delivery and he can open a case and win. Paypal will debit the money direct from my account since i put my real information.

if i decide to cancel the sell, the only way to avoid ebay fees is the buyer to accept to close the case. If not i will be screwed.

im facing a scammer, what can i do?
im really stressed right now and i really regret to use ebay and paypal!!!!

Am sure your buyer feedback is no activity more than 90 days old
Cancel the transaction. It's too weird and complicated :spy:

rsot 03-11-2011 12:11 PM

Sometimes you have to lose a few bux in order to avoid a bigger potential loss. Sucks but you have to do it.