eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Bt OpenZone, to get new IPs (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/30132-bt-openzone-get-new-ips.html)

Themightycrow 04-10-2011 06:16 AM

Bt OpenZone, to get new IPs

Hey guys

I just remembered i can get acess to BT Openzone which is basically a mass networks of wireless internet around england. Would this be good to create new stealths?

I feel like this may be a gem!

Thanks

oompaloompa 04-10-2011 07:27 AM

yes any wireless is ok

Alps_a somewhatlegend 04-10-2011 07:45 AM

I thought that if someone had already used that access point to make accounts or access banned accounts etc. its not a good idea.

We have bt at our house but I dont enable the openzone function incase someone uses my connection to access eb etc.

Therefor I have not personally experienced this situation but always thought if I did enable it and someone used it, they would have the same ip as me - sort of similar to wifi hotspots/libraries/unsecured etc.

If I am wrong then bt openzone will come in handy for many users to enjoy.

ShadyOne 04-10-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

I thought that if someone had already used that access point to make accounts or access banned accounts etc. its not a good idea.

We have bt at our house but I dont enable the openzone function incase someone uses my connection to access eb etc.

Therefor I have not personally experienced this situation but always thought if I did enable it and someone used it, they would have the same ip as me - sort of similar to wifi hotspots/libraries/unsecured etc.

If I am wrong then bt openzone will come in handy for many users to enjoy.
I would say it is less about if people have been suspended from using that IP address/Wireless network and more about if you have!

If this Wireless network is always using the same IP then what are you going to do if you create say 5 accounts and one goes down?

That is probably the biggest issue.

oompaloompa 04-10-2011 03:43 PM

no you wont get banned if you share an ip with another user on open wireless, firstly they are aware of shared ip centres eg coffee shop wireless, library, there is nothing wrong with using it if you really have no other options, and secondly ip alone is not sued for a ban, they look at other links above and beyond, eg address, name.

however if you have your own wireless that is better for security reasons.