eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Ebay are saying i need to register as a business (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/32477-ebay-saying-i-need-register-business.html)

m18mpa 06-09-2011 05:31 PM

Ebay are saying i need to register as a business

Hi people,

I'm new to the forum and just wondered whether you could shed some light on my issue.

I opened up an ebay account last week and listed 50 items on auction and 25 as buy it now or best offer today. When i tried to list another item it said i needed to register as a business seller and not a personal seller.

Is there a restriction on how many items you can list a day/week or month as a personal seller?

Thanks

GrannyT 06-10-2011 03:51 AM

Think about it OP - you are a new account and your selling like a pro - what would you think?
:pop2:

m18mpa 06-10-2011 03:57 AM

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way round if i list for example 5 items a week after? I want to stay as a private seller

Only listed a bulk at once as i had stuff to get rid of

Cheers

GrannyT 06-10-2011 04:50 AM

If you are going to present as a private seller then everything must look like a private seller. For instance you would be unlikely to sell the same item 10 times. I only run business accounts

m18mpa 06-10-2011 07:01 AM

If i register as a business do you have to pay tax etc??

What the pros and cons if i go as a business?

Thanks again

tess1 06-10-2011 07:17 AM

Iam having same trouble i am not happy about the possibility of dealing with the tax man they have given me until 11th of June (tomorrow) to register as business. I email ebay for advice (big joke that is) they sent me a rubbish reply and re yet to tell me what happens to my account after 11th June. I will no doubt probably lose my selling allowance so for this i am real fed up.

GrannyT 06-10-2011 07:51 AM

Do as they ask - you can always drop that account and move on later but keep the account going if it is a good one - buy yourself some time

sutab10 06-10-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m18mpa (Post 237918)
If i register as a business do you have to pay tax etc??

What the pros and cons if i go as a business?

Thanks again

Well techinically yes as you are running a business but I ran a business account and sold a few items before my account got suspended. It depends it PayPal tell HMRC.

rsot 06-10-2011 09:35 AM

Why don't you spread sales over multiple accounts?

ShadyOne 06-10-2011 05:07 PM

^ You beat me again.

I'm getting slower....

@M18MPA, open multiple ebay accounts, keep them seperate from each other so you do not get all suspended if any one goes down. Start by selling slowly and in a few weeks/months, you can increase sales, after time you will have multiple accounts selling multiple items. Making cash!

undertheradar 06-11-2011 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyOne (Post 238114)
^ You beat me again.

I'm getting slower....

@M18MPA, open multiple ebay accounts, keep them seperate from each other so you do not get all suspended if any one goes down. Start by selling slowly and in a few weeks/months, you can increase sales, after time you will have multiple accounts selling multiple items. Making cash!

this is the perfect strategy. always thought ebay made it a lot easier for us when they started placing limits on selling accounts, and forced us to open lots of stealth selling small amounts. thanks ebay !

ShadyOne 06-11-2011 07:18 AM

^ Yeah I agree, but only a certain group know how to succesfully open multiple accounts, three cheers for the 'stealthers'!

m18mpa 06-11-2011 07:28 AM

Great advice cheers folks. Only problem is i dont for the life of me know how to change my ip address!! I have a thomson 585v7 router on 02 internet. Would the easiest thing be to buy a new router?? I have a usb dongle for logging into paypal but blimey those things are slow

Cheers again

ShadyOne 06-11-2011 09:10 AM

^ No. Start by phoning O2 an asking them if you have dynamic or static broadband. Dynamic is a changing IP an static is the same IP.

Dongles are noticably slower than broadband at times, which can be frustrating when used to broadband line speeds.

Have you actualyl turned off/restarted your router yet?

m18mpa 06-11-2011 09:36 AM

I have static IP 02 say!!

ShadyOne 06-11-2011 11:07 AM

^ Ask how you could get a dynamic IP or change your ISP.

m18mpa 06-11-2011 01:05 PM

02 have changed my ip to dynamic so it will change everytime i switch the router on and off. So should be able to go stealth now!!!!!

Cheers folks

ShadyOne 06-11-2011 01:10 PM

No fuss from me! Cool to see someone getting their sticking points sorted.

dabestplayer 06-11-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m18mpa (Post 238393)
02 have changed my ip to dynamic so it will change everytime i switch the router on and off. So should be able to go stealth now!!!!!

Cheers folks

Remember to have a different name, address CC, phone number everything different. Also your listing has to be completely different. Also, clear ur cookies and make the stealth account on another user on your computer, Also, buy the book if you have not done so already. I just bought my book yesterday its 49 pages long and I finished it in 2 hours.

m18mpa 06-12-2011 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabestplayer (Post 238402)
Remember to have a different name, address CC, phone number everything different. Also your listing has to be completely different. Also, clear ur cookies and make the stealth account on another user on your computer, Also, buy the book if you have not done so already. I just bought my book yesterday its 49 pages long and I finished it in 2 hours.

Cheers mate will do. When you say different name should i have something completely random?? Say my name is Jonathan so for paypal was going to have John and my surname for the withdrawals. Will that work

Would you use a close by address or something a few miles away?? Guessing i cant buy anything on there then as i cant list my actually address.

Just in the process of setting up a new bank account so will have to wait on them

Can you still activate the ebay/paypal account with a mobile number?

Yes i'll change the complete layout of my listings .. different wording,layout style and fonts etc

Sorry for the essay!!

Thanks again Jonathan;)

NotAHappyBunny 06-12-2011 08:19 AM

hi

everything is covered in the book in great detail - you are also given multiple options/methods depending on your resources and intentions.

ShadyOne 06-12-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m18mpa (Post 238557)
Cheers mate will do. When you say different name should i have something completely random?? Say my name is Jonathan so for paypal was going to have John and my surname for the withdrawals. Will that work

Would you use a close by address or something a few miles away?? Guessing i cant buy anything on there then as i cant list my actually address.

Just in the process of setting up a new bank account so will have to wait on them

Can you still activate the ebay/paypal account with a mobile number?

Yes i'll change the complete layout of my listings .. different wording,layout style and fonts etc

Sorry for the essay!!

Thanks again Jonathan;)

Yes, get the stealth guide, as the two subject you are talking about will be extensively covered in it.

Sorry for giving you the "get stealth" thing, but trust me, if it is covered in there then why not!

Also search the forum.

Good luck, it won't take much effort :thumb: