Confirm Your Personal Information - PAYPAL - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Exclamation Confirm Your Personal Information - PAYPAL

Ok,

I have just signed up to Paypal using a Business account.

I am trying to lift the limits as you do etc, etc...

the final step of one says 'confirm your personal information'

(this is a stealth account btw so i have given my stealth info...)

then when i type in the stealth info and click submit it comes back saying:

'error, we could not verify your info etc etc... please try again or you may need to fax in documentation...'

and the final question is how would i get round this!!!

THANKS TO THE HELPERS.!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-23-2011

Longevity: 76%

A couple of options open to you (that I know of) depending on how much you are selling ---- open a few stelts or send in the information they request
Old 06-23-2011
Threadstarter  

yh, because i remember doing it with my own real information about 1/2 years ago... it went through perfectly, then when i use a stealth account, it says error, please try again etc... ffs!!!

then when you send the id/address/invoices etc, paypal always sends a response saying APPEAL DENIED!!!
Old 06-23-2011

- they can check your decade as in you are in your 40.s 50s or like some of us 60s. I think it may result in a lot more changes which will bring a whole new set of draconian rules down upon us.

In order to stay going you need to think outside the box and change your business plan and mode of operating. I have two accounts that have been running years rather than months and there was never any need for id docs or checks.

It is expensive, arguably, but if you are intending to build a business rather than get rid of a load of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or Vero items it may well be the only way to go.

IMO the way I do things would be of no use to anyone unless you were going to trade legit goods in a legit manner. You certainly could not afford to have accounts go down after a few weeks or months. You could say that if you have had to invest money in your business you are going to take a lot more care of it.

'The boys' change the rules all the time and never in our favour. The only good thing is they are always playing catch up. You only have to look at the situation now as opposed to three or four years ago to see what I mean.

Lousy times ahead boys - buy combs!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (06-23-2011), goodlad (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011

You are absolutly right!
However what is the way around this?... Previous have never been Vero items...
Back on to the post...how do we get around the user id check?
I submitted docs and they replied with go back online and input details and there "check" will determine verifying of the account

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
They cannot check your DOB - they can check your decade as in you are in your 40.s 50s or like some of us 60s. I think it may result in a lot more ID theft which will bring a whole new set of draconian rules down upon us.

In order to stay legal you need to think outside the box and change your business plan and mode of operating. I have two accounts that have been running years rather than months and there was never any need for id docs or checks on the electoral role.

It is expensive, arguably, but if you are intending to build a business rather than get rid of a load of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or Vero items it may well be the only way to go.

IMO the way I do things would be of no use to anyone unless you were going to trade legit goods in a legit manner. You certainly could not afford to have accounts go down after a few weeks or months. You could say that if you have had to invest money in your business you are going to take a lot more care of it.

'The boys' change the rules all the time and never in our favour. The only good thing is they are always playing catch up. You only have to look at the situation now as opposed to three or four years ago to see what I mean.

Lousy times ahead boys - buy combs!
Old 06-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

If you are creating a stealth Paypal account, the automatic verification process always fails because you do not actually live at the address you've provided.

You confirm your identity by doing a phone confirmation and by adding and confirming credit card information. Paypal accept this as alternative to the automatic "electoral register check".

The phone number used for the confirmation must be area specific to the stealth address. The actual address associated the credit card does need to match the stealth details - Paypal currently cannot check this, despite the warnings they put on the site saying the address must match exactly.

This was what I did over a year ago. I don't believe the process has changed any in this time. I successfully set up 5 stealth Paypal accounts using this method - all are still active and without restriction / limits.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
AMLG (10-16-2012), sokol3k (01-18-2013)
Old 06-23-2011

How do I get to the phone number verification part??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
If you are creating a stealth Paypal account, the automatic verification process always fails because you do not actually live at the address you've provided.

You confirm your identity by doing a phone confirmation and by adding and confirming credit card information. Paypal accept this as alternative to the automatic "electoral register check".

The phone number used for the confirmation must be area specific to the stealth address. The actual address associated the credit card does need to match the stealth details - Paypal currently cannot check this, despite the warnings they put on the site saying the address must match exactly.

This was what I did over a year ago. I don't believe the process has changed any in this time. I successfully set up 5 stealth Paypal accounts using this method - all are still active and without restriction / limits.
Old 06-23-2011

Way to go Ebayorbust - excellent stealthing and excellent advise to the OP

We also have to keep in mind that while we think we are being looked for and persecuted in the great scheme of things we hardly raise a ripple. Every day thousands of people conduct their business with Paypal who cannot prove by public means who they are - we just have to present ourselves as they would and comply with the requests made upon us.

All the stealth techniques needed are in the guide and on these forums - it's all about educating yourself. I'm sure most of the 'guests' who read our tales go away and try and do what we do as a result of what they learn here. Some succeed others do not - but they all come here for one of two reasons. For knowledge or to spy on us.

Old 06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlad View Post
How do I get to the phone number verification part??
Soho66 - use the search dacility
Old 06-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

GTran is on the money on this post - as expected =)
Old 06-23-2011

Only applies if you are not on the ER Alps
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Exclamation

'You confirm your identity by doing a phone confirmation'

How do i do this? like what you have to do with ebay?

where on paypal is this? i dont see any steps to do a phone verification/confirmation?
Old 06-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alps_a somewhatlegend View Post
Hi. Things have changed since then.
On new stelt accounts, one has to send in docs to get the 1900 limit lifted from my experiences - someone correct me if I am wrong which I hope I am!
No they haven't.

The key to it is to do things in the right order. If you do then you don't have to provide faxed documents etc etc.

To the OP - get the stealth guide.

You need to invest some time (and a little money) to get yourself back on Ebay.

You can ask the questions on here and you may get answers but the key to it is doing everything right AND doing it in the right order. No one is likely to invest their time freely to give the necessary one to one coaching to get it right - hence why every newcomer to this forum inevitably gets told the same thing -

BUY THE stealth guide.

Hope this helps - good luck.
Old 06-23-2011

Longevity: 79%

Alps

like i have already said on more than a few occasions, it is possible to pass the limit without sending doc's in, my last few accounts are passed the limits without sending doc's in.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alps_a somewhatlegend View Post
^ how do you know if you have not made an account in over a year.

I made plenty over last few months and all have got 1900 limit.

It is easy for me to pick someone local from the e.r. and 'clone' their details but I dont want to do that coz I aint gettin' nicked for fraud.

So if you know a way, pray tell
My last receving limit got removed last month (1 year after opening the account because I hadn't actually taken £1900 on the account). No documents were required. The account was put "under review" for a few days and then I got an email stating that as I had provided the information they needed, the limit was removed.

I have also checked on Paypal's website, the verfication / confirmation process now is exactly the same as it was when the accounts were set up.

If you've confirmed your address by adding credit card information / expuse number and complete the phone verification with a suitable landline number you won't have to provide any faxed documentation. If you're using mobile numbers for Paypal then be prepared to send in those "artistic" faxes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
smellybelly (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
Alps

like i have already said on more than a few occasions, it is possible to pass the limit without sending doc's in, my last few accounts are passed the limits without sending doc's in.
Spot on.

Although if you do bring a lot of attention to your account(s) before the £1900 "account review" then expect limitations and requests for photo id etc etc.
Old 06-23-2011

thats simple, its because the account is a year old.

like the above has said , the system has changed, dont believe me try open a fresh one.

Also like i say it is still possible to create accounts without providing id, you just have to kno what you are doing.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
If you've confirmed your address by adding credit card information / expuse number and complete the phone verification with a suitable landline number you won't have to provide any faxed documentation. If you're using mobile numbers for Paypal then be prepared to send in those "artistic" faxes.

I couldn't disagree more.

Old 06-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
thats simple, its because the account is a year old.

like the above has said , the system has changed, dont believe me try open a fresh one.

Also like i say it is still possible to create accounts without providing id, you just have to kno what you are doing.
There's no indication of that.

I would try and set another one up but I don't have (or need) any spare bank accounts presently to test this out. I'm fairly confident if I were to repeat the process that I did last time, the outcome would be the same.
Old 06-23-2011

to you maybe but the many forum members it appers not. there is every indication

Like i said try open a fresh one and you, like us will see the changes.

allot of us do this day in day out, think about it.

Last edited by Stigger; 06-23-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2011
Threadstarter  

i remember i made a legit paypal account for my friend

i used their id, their address and cc to complete the verification...

the account was fully verified... then if i can remember i received probably 100-300 USD into the account... got slapped with llimitations, sent documents... then i received an e-mail saying parting ways...?!?!
Old 06-23-2011

confirmed they have changed system....